• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Johan, marry me? I'm overjoyed right now and I can't hold it in any longer

Very nice, something to read for tomorrow!

Which screenies of my AAR did you use in the end Rens?
It's in the Strategy Guide -- the one of your Soviet troops breaking through the Romanian lines and thrusting into the heart of Romania. Great illustration and startling color combinations together! Looks great! :D Thanks

Renss

Thanks Johan. Now I can download and test the demo before buying the game when my new laptop comes in. I would hate to buy and not be able to play such a good-looking game. :)

Awesome. I'll be switching my pre-order from Amazon to GG if I can, all I wanted out of Amazon was a paper manual, but this makes it rather superfluous. I was expecting the manual to be some 200 page monster though, 90 is much better for PDF reading.

I'll be updating the FAQ over the next few days as I absorb all of this.

You wanted a demo before release and you will get a demo before release. We’ll publish it on media sites worldwide, like Fileplanet etc. The launch will be at 9am PST (6pm CET) tomorrow Tuesday.
Nice: get a feel for the gameplay, fight a little in the air... and sink the Bismarck!

SINK%20THE%20BISMARCK_FLR.jpg

Nice: get a feel for the gameplay, fight a little in the air... and sink the Bismarck!

SINK%20THE%20BISMARCK_FLR.jpg

Interesting cover. It makes it look as if the Bismarck was blown up by the swordfish biplanes!

I only skimmed through the manual earlier. Now I'm reading it word for word. It's been almost two hours and I'm only on page 34. I have no clue what I'd be doing if I didn't have this to kill time until the demo. :D

"it will draw from its 30-day reserve at first"

Units have a 30 day supply reserve...that sounds rather steep, shouldn't it lose effectiveness and strength already from day 1, I know there is a surrounded penalty, but, 30 days...

I am assuming that this 30 days worth of supply holds that long only if the unit doesn't move or fight.

Awesome work Johan and the Team, cant wait to try out the demo:D

You wanted a demo before release and you will get a demo before release. We’ll publish it on media sites worldwide, like Fileplanet etc. The launch will be at 9am PST (6pm CET) tomorrow Tuesday.

In anticipation of the demo release, we are releasing the in-game manual. Either to give you something to do before the demo or to give you the upper hand once it’s released on Friday.

Demo details:
You will be able to play the 1939 scenario for 4 months, until January 1940, as either Germany, Poland, France or United Kingdom, with full access to all gameplay features. The demo will also contain the tutorial.

Just a question, and please, excuse my ignorance; what means PST and CET times? The only times I recognized as a reference is the GMT (Greenwich Meridian Time) In that way I can compare it with other hourly meassurements.

Just a question, and please, excuse my ignorance; what means PST and CET times? The only times I recognized as a reference is the GMT (Greenwich Meridian Time) In that way I can compare it with other hourly meassurements.

PST is Pacific time, so GMT -8, I think? Not actually sure about CET.

CET = Central European (Stockholm, probably Berlin)

PST = Pacific Standard (California)

Demo details:
You will be able to play the 1939 scenario for 4 months, until January 1940, as either Germany, Poland, France or United Kingdom, with full access to all gameplay features. The demo will also contain the tutorial.
Can I continue playing the full campaign with the Demo save game, after I have bought HOI3?