• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi I found the eastindia file and added it and applied it in the exception list it shows up as East India Application. Is this correct? As for what happens at the start the game it does one of two things. 1) It stops right away before the intro movie or 2) It plays the intro and than stops working and just gives me a windows box saying the game has stopped working. Sometimes I have to start the task manager to close it sometimes not. I have downloaded the patch for the game and the newest driver for my videocard which is a INVIDIA FX 5200. I have yet to get to the main menu.

Please paste here the log found in the game installation folder:
C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\East India Company\log.html

Where did you buy the game and which patch did you try to install? Please use the task manager to make sure that the game is not running in the background when installing the patch (unpatched version won't close itself when it asks to update and the patch won't install correctly).

I bought the game at a book store in Mesa,Arizona not a game store or a computer store. It is brand new and was in a section with all new games. My fear was that I bought something used therefore damaged but it appears new and in perfect condition. The patch I downloaded was from the Paradox wedsite it was the Mirror 1 site.

Ok I downloaded the new patch the same problem is still happening. One thing I noticed i checked back on the DEP screen and the East India Application File was go. I added it back hit apply tried to restart the game it did not start. Went back to the DEP screen and it was gone again. I think this is the root of the problem (I Hope). Any ideas on how to fix this. Thanks

Please paste here the log found in the game installation folder:
C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\East India Company\log.html

Jumpy video sounds strange. Does other 3d games work well? Could you also tell me some more details about your computer such as make/model, cpu, memory, windows version.

Unfortunately it seems that your hardware is below our minimum requirements. 1 Gig of ram with Windows Vista leaves very little ram for a game to use. Also, your NVidia FX 5200 is below our requirement which is NVidia FX 5700.

I'd try to reboot the computer, close all unnecessary programs, start the game with absolute minimum settings, see "§2 Issue" from Trobleshooting thread (in your first post).

In the long run I'd recommend at least adding more ram and upgrading a videocard.

Still Issues

I have updated all my drivers and patched the game and still i have issues. The game loads ok but runs extremely slow and choppy. I suppose it could be my low end pos intel graphics card. Anything else i can do to make it a bit faster? I already have the graphics in-game set to low and or off. Also, this designers cut...is there a Designers Cut version and then a patch for that version? I went to download the DC and it says patch.

Game Version 1.12
East India Collection

System
OS, Windows 7 Pro 32bit
Memory, 4GB of memory
Processor, Intel T6570 2.10GHz
Graphics, ATI Mobility HD4300 Series
Audio, SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio

Issue
Volume controls don't work,
If I set sliders for Voice and then Effects the Effects volume control seems to take control.

E.g. voice 100%, Effects 0%, Master 100%, means no voice.
Sometimes once a volume has been dropped it wont increase again, e.g. taking Effects volume from 0% to 50% results in no volume increase.

I had similar problems with games like Mass effect where it does some weird hardware thing, however in ME you could turn the setting off to give power back to the user & sliders. Probably not the same thing though.

Cheers.

Game Version 1.12
East India Collection

System
OS, Windows 7 Pro 32bit
Memory, 4GB of memory
Processor, Intel T6570 2.10GHz
Graphics, ATI Mobility HD4300 Series
Audio, SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio

Issue
Volume controls don't work,
If I set sliders for Voice and then Effects the Effects volume control seems to take control.

E.g. voice 100%, Effects 0%, Master 100%, means no voice.
Sometimes once a volume has been dropped it wont increase again, e.g. taking Effects volume from 0% to 50% results in no volume increase.

I had similar problems with games like Mass effect where it does some weird hardware thing, however in ME you could turn the setting off to give power back to the user & sliders. Probably not the same thing though.

Cheers.

Yeah, having the same problem and it's annoying.
Tutorial part 1 is missing.
Lots of bugs (East India Company Collection v1.12) from Impulse.

I purchased the East India Company Collection from Steam approximately November 2011; included is EIC and Privateer versions 1.12; also included is Priate Bay version 1.06. EIC and Privateer I have no problem with; however Pirate Bay is not fun because the player is always at a disadvantage, in game play the AI always has more vessels than the player and the AI vessels fire long before and more rapidly the player vessels, therfore I always end up getting destroyed. I was referred to cheat happens for a trainer and I tested all of the trainers, they are worthless. The only ones that partially work and activated was version 1.05 and the PROMO, but then even though in the PROMO game it says "on" you see no results, in the version which list all of the functions the game crashes before you get to play.

Is there a working trainer for EIC Pirate Bay? How do I get it? Or am I doomed to be frustrated in the quest for relaxation which is gameplay.

1. Purchased East India Company from a store years ago when it came out
2. Played it often on PC
3. PC died and got new PC with windows 7
4. Try to reinstall game on Windows 7 and gave me the already registered thingy messagy.
5. Sorted that out
6. Now the game loads just the first intro screen and then I get this:
a.
7. Set it up to run xp compatabiliity
a. Still does not work
8. Sign up for your forum to see what is going on.
9. FINALLY found a thread in your forum about this issue and it still does not resolve my issue and I still cannot run this game.
10. Yes I have tried all of the fixes that were mentioned except the pirate type ones.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

screen shot of message did not come through so here it is:

hmm cannot paste a screen capture from ALT TAB how inconvenient...

message is this

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's supporte team for more information.

End message

They application support team sent me to your forum.

THank You