There have been some issues with installing the patch for some of you. Here are the instructions for installing the patch:
Method 1 - from ingame menu:
1. Goto game mainmenu
2. Click "Options"
3. Click "Check for updates"
4a. If nothing happens, there is no patch available.
4b. If a popup opens, then there is a patch available. Follow the onscreen instructions and remember to close the game before installing the patch.
Method 2 - manual installation:
Note - this is not for Steam & Impulse users! See troubleshooting for more info.
1. Open up your web browser
2. Type this address "http://patches.gamersgate.com/EIC_patch_1.zip" and hit go.
3. Once downloaded, extract the contents of the zip package (to your desktop for example), there should be 3 files (eic_patch1.exe , eic_patch1-1a.bin , patch_notes.txt)
4. Run (doubleclick) "eic_patch1-exe"
5. You should see a setup window with "Welcome to East India Company Patch 1 Setup Wizard"
6. Click "Next" to continue
7. Select "I accept the agreement" and click "Next" to continue
8. Enter THE SAME email address that you used in the original game installation and the product key you got with the game.
9. The game will install a few files (green progress bar) after that you should see a screen which states that the setup has finished installing the patch.
10. Click finish to exit Setup
11. Run the game normally and enjoy!
-DO NOT TRY RUN the files INSIDE the Zip-package, but EXTRACT them first. This prevents the installation to work properly in most cases.
-On the first run after installation the game automatically checks for updates once it loads the main menu. If there is a patch available, follow the onscreen instructions and istall the patch.
-Steam users SHOULD NOT patch the game manually with instructions above, but use the patching feature in Steam instead.
-Impulse users SHOULD NOT patch the game manually with instructions above, but use the patching feature in Impulse instead.
-If you're having troube in "Product Activation" screen, goto: http://www.stardock.com/support/ (The game uses Stardock Goo DRM, they will help you out if you have any trouble)
-If you receive any errors related to Activation etc. on game launch, goto: http://www.stardock.com/support/ (The game uses Stardock Goo DRM, they will help you out if you have any trouble)
-If you have any trouble with the patch, make sure that the game is not running in background and you have none of the files from the game installation directory opened and rerun the installer "eic-patch1.exe".