• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my perspective I think annexation is in game almost always wrong move.

In vanilla, I'd strenuously disagree. Puppets are next-to-pointless; your supply state fighting beyond a puppet is going to be parlous. Whatever fraction of the IC/leadership/resources you get by annexing them will be 1000 times more useful in your hands than in the hands of the AI.

Later expansions improve this state, I gather, but I can't comment on how much.

Occupation is much better, its also more flexible because you can,by changing occupation policy, squeeze occupied land as you like(more squeezing,more unrest of course).
Often, though, you don't get the option of occupation. You may get lucky and have the old Govt go GiE, and that is surely the best of both worlds (which is a bit silly, if you ask me) but it's not generally something you can choose to happen (without save-and-reload shennanigans). If you get a choice it's between Puppet and Annex, usually.

Often, though, you don't get the option of occupation. You may get lucky and have the old Govt go GiE, and that is surely the best of both worlds (which is a bit silly, if you ask me) but it's not generally something you can choose to happen (without save-and-reload shennanigans). If you get a choice it's between Puppet and Annex, usually.

I suppose You do know that in FTM there are WAR-goals which you can set to suite you?
You can choose annexation(usualy part of the country),occupation, or puppeting any country that is in war with you.

Last edited:
My problem is that the puppets do sweet f/a. Is there a way so that their armies branch out and attack people beyond their own borders aside from the off chance that they might send expeditionary forces? So far I have Manchukuo, Mengkukuo, Guanxi Clique, Yunnan and Xieban Mai (sp) with about 50-60 divisions between them doing nothing, when I need them all to attack the Soviet Union.

My problem is that the puppets do sweet f/a. Is there a way so that their armies branch out and attack people beyond their own borders aside from the off chance that they might send expeditionary forces? So far I have Manchukuo, Mengkukuo, Guanxi Clique, Yunnan and Xieban Mai (sp) with about 50-60 divisions between them doing nothing, when I need them all to attack the Soviet Union.

Holy necro. Don't reply to ancient threads, please.

Your only hope is to use allied objectives if they can reach it by land or have transport ships. Just mark a province or 2 as an allied objective that the AI will do its best to take it.
Just a friendly advice: next time you have a question create a new thread instead of posting on a 9 year old one since a moderator will usually lock the old thread the moment he/she sees the necro.

Status
Not open for further replies.