+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crash on "Initialising Maplogic"

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Crash on "Initialising Maplogic"

Trying to create a mod (with a new map) and I keep getting a crash on initalising maplogic - not sure why:

These are last 2 in system.log
    Kernel Release[graphics.cpp:327]: Done creating device.
    Kernel Release[eu3application.cpp:247]: Graphics Done

and in setup.log
    Setup[onaction.cpp:169]: ActionList #22 tag = on_death_election entries = 1
    Setup[onaction.cpp:169]: ActionList #23 tag = on_diplomatic_annex entries = 1
    Setup[eu3application.cpp:818]: On Actions Initialized

I would like to ask for help from more experience modders if they might know what's causing this.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by -HITMAN- View Post
    Trying to create a mod (with a new map) and I keep getting a crash on initalising maplogic - not sure why:

These are last 2 in system.log
    Kernel Release[graphics.cpp:327]: Done creating device.
    Kernel Release[eu3application.cpp:247]: Graphics Done

and in setup.log
    Setup[onaction.cpp:169]: ActionList #22 tag = on_death_election entries = 1
    Setup[onaction.cpp:169]: ActionList #23 tag = on_diplomatic_annex entries = 1
    Setup[eu3application.cpp:818]: On Actions Initialized

I would like to ask for help from more experience modders if they might know what's causing this.
    Could be lots and lots of things. I am not sure how much you know about changing the map. It is best when learning to mod to start by changing an existing map rather than making a new one. Several people have spent tons of hours trying to get a new map to work and the games error messages do not always point in the right direction. I know of one new map that had problems I had never heard of before and we still don't know why some things refused to work for that map but work fine on other maps.

So what do we know at this point:

The next item that should show up in the set up log relates to trees.

So this suggests you don't have tree terrain on your terrain.bmp. Could also suggest that your terrain.bmp in general has errors or it could mean your mod cant find necessary standard game files relating to trees because your mod file needs to have extend = map rather than replace = map.

Sorry I can't point to an easy fix.

Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Was about to give up until I noticed that the file sizes for rivers, terrain, topology were 3,949KB instead of the vanilla 1,318KB - could this be it?

Other then that I'm not sure?

Quote Originally Posted by -HITMAN- View Post
    Was about to give up until I noticed that the file sizes for rivers, terrain, topology were 3,949KB instead of the vanilla 1,318KB - could this be it?

Other then that I'm not sure?
    Those files should all be of smaller file size than your province file. There's been a number of threads on custom map-modding lately, dealing with all sorts of problems. Have you read them? If not, do so and you will avoid a lot of the simpler mistakes. If you still have a problem after that (like many of us do ) upload your mod to somewhere like mediafire and put a link to it here. Then I or some of the map-modding samaritans like 17blue17 can take a look at it. Good luck.

Europa Universalis IV

Okay thanks.

Well I've had a quick look and done some last minute changes.

This was intended to expand upon one day, seems I can't even create a 5 province map ^^

http://www.mediafire.com/?3juhmi4iyw5

+ Reply to Thread