• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You pretty much described the entire concept of Blitzkrieg here. The spearhead panzer divisions were supposed to be able to be cut off and still move on their own without logistics behind the enemy lines while outmanoeuvring them. Should work great for the first week until fuel is gone and after that less so.

I'm happy you agree with me then when I question the possibility of doing the same for the cavalry movement, over more then 1-2 weeks and on the operational depth of over 1000 km. :D

Anyway, we have 1944 scenario started already, so let's leave that for a while, grab some popcorn and see the German lines crumble. Logistics can wait. :D

Yay!

Lets see how the AI can CRUSH/MOW/ANNHIALATE through your 300 divisions...

I wonder who will make it to berlin?

Allies or the Commies?

Cheers;
Nick

Hey, let's backtrack a little bit. What happened to Hungary in the old AAR? It seems they've joined the Allies, despite being defeated by the SOviets? What's up with that? I'm really interested in that mechanic.

EDIT: They also seem to have become non-belligerent?

I got about a dozen messages about that division's supply problems, even before the lines were cut.

The issue could be that divisions are just allowed to capture "too much" stuff. It's fairly obvious that the division must have been supplied from the Soviet stocks captured en route to the Far East, I think.

Too right! you keep this up and you'll soon have the most viewed thread on the forum.
And rightly so - it's a grippling read... Keep 'em coming, Mosby!

At the moment the Germans can field roughly 300 divisions on all three fronts, some thirty of those being armoured formations.
Staggering amounts considering Germanys enemies are able to field almost 700 divisions against her.

A little mistake here. If I read correctly your screenshots, Allies can field 700 divisions, but the Soviet Union has 1500 !

So you're not at 2:1 odds, but rather at 10:1 !

I suspect the Allies will be screwed over by the absence of the strategic and naval AIs. I predict a red Europe.

Though I dare Mosby to take a Romanian cavalry division and encircle the whole Red Army with it :D