• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Singelton Mosby said"let there be another AAR" then the AAR heaven opened up and and out came the sound Haleluja Haleluja

thats pretty much how i feel right now:D

EDIT btw it is not intended to offend any religius individuals, on the note i am a little religius myself

I thought that through the new supply system cutting off a captial didn't immediately cut off all supply.

I know you've said you wont show pic requests but one pic I havent seen yet is of hungary PLAYED. I really wish you can post here a pic of you playing as hungary in 1936 so we can see the starting stats. :)

Thanx in advance and thanx for your wonderful AARs :)

Another thing I noticed....

14 IC in argentina?

Not nitpicking... but how much are brigades costing...?

If not, it'll be impossible to even field 5 divisions as regional powers.

Then again, I don't know how many divs were actually fielded at that time.

Cheers,
Nick

Another thing I noticed....

14 IC in argentina?

Not nitpicking... but how much are brigades costing...?

If not, it'll be impossible to even field 5 divisions as regional powers.

Then again, I don't know how many divs were actually fielded at that time.

Cheers,
Nick

Well, manpower will be a lot more important now, as units cost manpower to maintain them (representing people getting to old for service).

So that keeps a cap on how many divisions you can have.

I am a big fan of playing Argentina and joining the Axis and waging war on South America. To be honest it was hard enough to do in HOI2 I am not sure it could be done with the new dynamics in HOI3. You just never have enough manpower and IC to fight a war. Even with a full 5 years to develop the country before entering the war in 41. Plus the USA tends to intervene.

Ya, 28 IC on normal is pretty good. I doubt he's on normal though (he's got +100% modifiers?! amazing!)

As Argentina, where would you get your resources? I don't think they have enough to support a much bigger industry than that, and I doubt Germany does too (assuming you ally with them to trade)

Chapter Nineteen: Wrapping it up, part II

The battle for Moscow raged to the southeast and my troops in the Leningrad vicinity had just done their job. There was only one thing I could do: aid Bulgaria!
The journey would be an extremely long one. Around the big Bulge in the central front. Into western Hungary to avoid the Soviet pocket in Slovakia. Around the southern flank of it and into Italian held Yugoslavian to finally end up with our Bulgarian friends and aid them in the defence of their nation.
Too bad but I couldn’t use strategic movement for this march as you can’t use the railroads of your allies.
2z4yf5c.jpg

Marching commenced on the 8th of January but shortly, bad news reached us. We would have to take even more of a detour as Hungary had surrendered after the fall of Budapest and the decimation of its army.​

zttd7s.jpg

Frightened by the prospects of the utter collapse on the Axis southern front our diplomats asked the Bulgarians how ready they were to continue the struggle.......
97,9% to surrender.....ouch. Only a miracle would see me to Bulgaria in time.​

15d6i45.jpg

Meanwhile Stalingrad was captured and I, the master Fin, had done a magnificent job by capturing the three major objectives single-handedly........​

kb99pd.jpg

29qi1wg.jpg

The Soviets knew things weren’t going well for them but Stalin just didn’t want to give up. Perhaps the fall of Kiev and Odessa would persuade him but I wasn’t up to it. I had to save my Bulgarian friends from utter destruction. And so I marched south.​

t0i98w.jpg

11rq2z4.jpg

The Balkans were a real mess, a local custom perhaps, but this time it made me feel like being in a candy store....all those colours!
Anyhow, Muscolini had heard of the fall of three important Soviet cities and finally though he should move his ass as well. Ordering his troops into an attack he for once did aid his allies instead of being a liability, was this the miracle I needed. A part of Bulgaria was recovered and I would perhaps even be in time to save them.
2ll0cnt.jpg

However, I propose to finish this AAR open-ended and leave something to your imagination. Shortly we will move on to the Gotterdamerung scenario and you will witness just what you wanted.....yours truly will be slaughtered.​

Fantastic job. Love the cavalry taking Stalingrad :cool:
Taking all three objective cities, even if for only a day is amazing. As for the Italians, if they had helped maybe the Soviets would have been stopped before their Axis friends surrendered? Or maybe it was a German/Italian conspiracy to have the Romanian and Hungarian governments fall so they could annex them later lol.

Don't want to be a party pooper, but isn't the fact that single cavalry division (brigade?) can just make such raid to Stalingrad, using string of provinces to keep it supplied pretty much means that supply system doesn't serve its purpose in this game build (yes, I know it's old, but still).

Such division would be thousands kilometers from the home base and hundreds kilometers from the enemy territory occupied and HQs (as strong of provinces that supplies it is held only nominally - real occupied terrotiry is somewhere near Moscow).

I always thought that supply/logistics system is going to limit such nonsense from HoI2 by making such units lose their ORG, STR and movement speed in the alarming rate as soon as they get too far from their logistics network (formed by core provinces, provinces with own/allied troops presence and HQs).