• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was testing some logistics stuff earlier today in the mediterranean with France in a war versus Italy. And I managed to lose airsuperiority, and my troops kept getting bombed constantly.

That's great news!

I bet those we lost a provience messages will get annoying really fast.

They do, but I can turn them off. It is not like I don't know I am losing ground.

One thing I would like to know is the displacement of the enemy forces and your intel on them...
I know it is all first blood at the moment but does it look like the AI commander has a plan? Any encirclement on their part?

I will tell more about that when I see things shaping up.

Woots! 3rd chapter...

This is getting better every moment... I think my first game, which was going to be Argentina, will be russia... trying to stop the germans will be a huge thrill...

Cheers,
Nick

PS: did you have any practice games as other nations? or did u just jump into the USSR?

PPS: what kind of decisions does Russia have to implement? I'd like to see them.

More to the north the seventh unit will perform both roles at once.

Can a unit now perform two missions simultaneously? Or are you giving it one order for a while, then another?

Singleton Mosby: Would you be so kind enough as to put an index in your first post, because as much as I love reading reader's comments, I don't want to wade through pages to reach the next update.

Please, I bet others forumers would like an index too :)

Singleton Mosby: Would you be so kind enough as to put an index in your first post, because as much as I love reading reader's comments, I don't want to wade through pages to reach the next update.

Please, I bet others forumers would like an index too :)

Check again ;) it is already there :D

Can a unit now perform two missions simultaneously? Or are you giving it one order for a while, then another?

I give it one order after another as I don't have enough wings to create two 'fleets'. (what's the right term for an air unti of this size?)

PS: did you have any practice games as other nations? or did u just jump into the USSR?

PPS: what kind of decisions does Russia have to implement? I'd like to see them.

PS1: I played through Fall Weiss, a part of the Spanish civil war on boths sides and invaded The Netherlands as Belgium.

Please explain the 2nd PS.

invaded The Netherlands as Belgium.
That's really evil Singleton Mosby! I hope you failed and that the Allies come after you, they must have a guarantee of independence on the Netherlands (as well as Belgium). :D

Airforce question:

Is it possible to set airforce completely to the AI while the player consecrates on the land units?
Because I know the advantages of using the airforce but I don't like to micromanage so much, because it is difficult to control both land units and air units simultaneously

Previews are usually great for decent games, I'm not concerned HoI 3 will not be "finished" or something. What I am concerned with is something preview/reviewers can almost never judge, the replayability and long-term fun of the game.
Will the AI provide a challenge after you master the games mechanics? How will the course of war develop over the years? Will each game be different instead of certain countries always losing quickly?
I'm afraid (as it seems very hard to balance the game) we will see certain HoI 2 things again: China always being annexed by Japan by '39, the Pacific war bogging down to a standstill in '43, the Germans collapsing in months instead of years after the Soviets gain momentum, etc.

What is also a problem is that countries have fixed AI, based on real histories developments. Like USSR defending to '43 (or something) and then attacking full out. This makes AI countries completely unable to deal with ahistoric situations, like the Soviet Union in the Unholy Alliance for example. It would be fantastic if somehow the AI could define its own strategy and agression level as the situation warrants.

What I meant mosby, was if there was a series of National decisions ( EU3 IN ) to implement... and if we can get a screeny at them... you employed a lot of decisions.. increasing the draft period... etc... I'd like to see them, if it isn't much of a problem.

Keep in mind, this isn't a pic of argentina that I'm asking for!

Cheers;
Nick

What I meant mosby, was if there was a series of National decisions ( EU3 IN ) to implement... and if we can get a screeny at them... you employed a lot of decisions.. increasing the draft period... etc... I'd like to see them, if it isn't much of a problem.

Those are laws, not decisions.