• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Somethng isn't right when someone uses the words "world-beating" and "peaceful" in the same sentence...they just don't fit togheter :rolleyes:

Somethng isn't right when someone uses the words "world-beating" and "peaceful" in the same sentence...they just don't fit togheter :rolleyes:

Of course they do. Once you've beaten up the rest of the world, you have peace ;)

A lot of thanks to Singleton Mosby for these AARs. Even with an old beta, they show a lot about what PI tried to do with HoI3 :)

You didn't overlook my question did you:( So can you see the enemies' supply lines, and when you cut a line, how long does it take for a new one to reach the front?

That depends on infrastructure, length of supply line, how much is being moved... There is tons of things that this depends on.

You Finnish AAR has convinced me that Finland is the real threat to my expanding German empire. So I have ordered Model to invade from Norway, and Rommel to invade from Leningrad, and have stalled the push eastward. It is obvious they are a larger threat than the Red army massing near Stalingrad.
:rolleyes:

if Finns can get this easily close to Moscow it means only one thing for HOI3: The number of provinces is too low. We need a HOI4 with 50000 land provinces!

Chapter Twelve: The spires of the Kremlin

On November the first the commander first saw the spires of the Kremlin’s cathedral through his binoculars. They had not reached their positions as quickly as their commander wished but still they had come close without too much difficulty.
Only now did the cavalry division encounter Soviet troops due east of the enemies capital.​

2d9wytl.jpg

Intelligence reported the amount of units in the Moscow region was staggering but there was nothing to fear. Most of these units were shattered units rebuilding their and making good their losses incurred fighting the Germans. They would not be able to conduct an offensive for the coming months.​

2vll0tj.jpg

Four days passed and while more divisions arrived in the Moscow region the picture became clearer. The enemy’s amount of units was staggering. Some of them could be a menace and together they might be able to defend their capital. Nothing was clear yet however as to how much of a defence they could put in front of the onrushing Fins.​

qosspv.jpg

Until November the sixth, when it was clear not all Soviet divisions were shattered. They counterattacked near Volokolansk. Intelligence reported the enemy’s attacking force was composed of four divisions, three infantry and one armoured. All of them were at half strength but together they were able to pack a punch and strike the Finnish 8th infantry hard. Only when the 17th was brought in to aid their comrades the Finnish troops were able to hold their ground.
25045e8.jpg

2mfm3vt.jpg

To the north of the city the battle was far easier. At the first sight of our troops the Soviets withdrew their recuperating divisions into the city. Just the thing we had expected. But the counterattack to the west was worrisome.​

2sb64k3.jpg

I will answer the questions tomorrow. Just got home and I will now watch a movie before I go get some sleep :cool:

What an accomplishment! I'd send that cavalry unit to making Sherman Neckties if you get my drift. On to Rostov!!! :rofl:

The Drive straight to Moscow was pretty daring, it doesn't surpirse me that you've started to meet more resistence.

Umm total Anime Nerd part going on here, but in this series called Mobile Suit Gundam, a woman named Haman Karn tells others that

"A group of people no matter how weak individually, is still a threat because its a mob."

So guess what I'm saying is that no wonder even if it's shattered units rebuilding in Moscow, they still have some fight left in them.

What are reinforcements looking like? I mean you're going to have to stabalize the line eventually in case the Soviets send more troops your way or the line collapses etc.

Hopefully the war will end before things get too ugly I'm just wondering though since Russia is so vast and even after you've taken Moscow, will that help break Soviet National Unity or something? Or are you going to just have to drive on Stalingrad next? Kinda like in HoI II?

Still a wonderfully entertaining AAR, keep going and look forward to seeing more of it. :)

Can a capitalfull of recently shattered units manage to stop the Finnish Behemoth? :p

All jokes put aside, it's a good occasion to see what the AI does with the shattered units it recovers, and whether it is capable at all of employing them effectively against a weak spearhead.

The Drive straight to Moscow was pretty daring, it doesn't surpirse me that you've started to meet more resistence.

Umm total Anime Nerd part going on here, but in this series called Mobile Suit Gundam, a woman named Haman Karn tells others that

"A group of people no matter how weak individually, is still a threat because its a mob."

So guess what I'm saying is that no wonder even if it's shattered units rebuilding in Moscow, they still have some fight left in them.

how can you call yourself an anime nerd and miss out the specification that its from Zeta and ZZ :p (Though they are among the few gundam i havnt seen ;))

on the subject thats some stack of units you have met there :eek: do units shatter easily ?