• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mosby here's an interesting test I'd like you to give a whirl with.

Try both the Soviets and the Germans. Except for each side, let the AI run as much as it can. How similar are the results/strategies depending on which side you're on?

Finnish infantry in this scenario is of (exagerated) high quality being " '48 infantry" hence the 2-3 instead of 2-2.

@ Singleton: Are you sure about this?

2cxxqog.jpg

The picture shows that the units name is "Infantry Regiment 48" but it's described as "Infantry(2)". I guess that means it's only a level 2 infantry (=mid/late 30's?). This doesn't sound like "(exagerated) high quality". The Soviet infantry divisions in your previous campaign also had this 2-3 ratio (as well as most of the German divisions as it seems). Unless the Soviet infantry divisions consist of more brigades then the Finnish I'd say they are of similar quality. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I would interpret the pictures.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I would interpret the pictures.

No, I guess I was wrong and did draw my conclusions after only a single glance. There is a bit too much to see in HOI3 you know. Glad you pointed us at it and corrected it. And I hope you guys forgive me ;)

FYI: the Finnish AAR will continue all the way into December and altough the AI is defending in the wrong spot (not in Leningrad) there are some very interesting developments to show you.

Chapter Six: Barbarossa progress report, II

Now, two months into Barbarossa the Finnish cabinet was starting to worry. Sure they had pulled of a magnificent feat themselves by capturing the city of Leningrad due to their sharp wits. But their allies; Germany, Hungary and Ru(o)mania were not faring as well. Would there be hell to pay for the Finnish trick once their allies were defeated, would the Finnish be finished?
33dy15w.jpg

358xyjm.jpg

4shfg9.jpg

15qsojl.jpg

2v95dls.jpg

2091toh.jpg

What's Romanian national unity at? They don't seem to have much time to spare.

Also, what's with the Soviet-controlled provinces deep in Poland??? Communist partisans or something?

The map looks more like summer '44 then summer '41. I really hope this ballance problem will be solved in the release version. Otherwise it's gonna be very challenging playing as Germany.

Well, if it's very challenging to play as an Axis power, I say they got it just right.

Maybe Paradox actually did this on purpose because Germany was the most played country in HOI2.

Wow, the Soviet AI is slamming itself into the Romanian and Hungarian lines ferociously, whilst the German's are halted in various places and encircled...

That's some good AI lol.

Looking pretty dismal for the Germans there.

Would there be hell to pay for the Finnish trick once their allies were defeated, would the Finnish be finished?

Do you have any idea of how old that pun is? Ancient would be an understatement.

But regarding the situation in the last screenshots, am I just imagining things, or have the German troops in Kurland been cut off by Soviet tanks?

An AI which actually knows what Blitzkrieg is about, now I've seen it all :wacko: But I was happily surprised :D

This game looks allot better and more complex it makes me wonder if noobs like 'The Wretched Mass' and Panzer General will be able to handle such a game and possibly retire from the series:confused: The AI Management may work for them though in SP but MP may be a bit much for them:(

What's Romanian national unity at? They don't seem to have much time to spare.

Also, what's with the Soviet-controlled provinces deep in Poland??? Communist partisans or something?

Those are indeed partisans. And the national unity of Romania is low and getting lower all the time.

How much leadership does Finland have in 1936 start?