• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is no leadership "pool." What you see is what you get. So "starting values" and "daily gain" are the same thing.

Hmmm....I will reserve judgment as this is a press-release and I have not actually played the game, but the disparity in leadership numbers concerns me

The limitations of this press-release have really been reached here as there is no AI yet for the Soviets to do anything about possible Finish agression. Only now, after three months, some Soviet units start to show up.......

Pft - just like all those pro-Fin voters to get us stuck with a sub-par (from a game standpoint) AAR ;)
Not that I am trying to pressure you Singleton but do you know when you will start the other AARs?

Hmmm....I will reserve judgment as this is a press-release and I have not actually played the game, but the disparity in leadership numbers concerns me

There is a good chance they were still working on game balance issues at the time.

It also fails to account for the leadership gained from occupied France and Benelux in addition to Cz and Austrian territory since his leadership breakdown was from a 1936 GC start.

The lack of leadership pool concerns me too...
There should be some pool and gain each day like manpower. The more in each field the better results. And then the relocation between them shouldnt be so easy.

But that would bring some strange exploits. For example "Hey, it is better for me to save my leadership until next year and use it all at the same moment, so I don't waste any leadership researching technology ahead the time."

I'm just so exhited about the upcoming Finnish AAR that I barley keep it in my pants (for obvious reasons)even though the AI didnt preform so well. Could you Mosby give us any idea when it'll be posted?

But that would bring some strange exploits. For example "Hey, it is better for me to save my leadership until next year and use it all at the same moment, so I don't waste any leadership researching technology ahead the time."

No no no... I say the leadership is there all the time. Its like troops that are in the Army. They are there still and arent consumed by the divisions. The pool would be rather splitted between the sections. More scientists the better research - they are not 'eaten' by the projects.

EDIT:
Its like the whole leadership is pool is splitted into separated pools. Army would require the most and for example as Germany - the losses are getting worse then you have to choose what will you tke the replacements- scientists?policy/intelligence? Of course theres always a small daily gain like with manpower. Thats how I see it.

EDIT2:
Back to the science:
The bigger is your scientists pool the more research points.

There is a good chance they were still working on game balance issues at the time.

It also fails to account for the leadership gained from occupied France and Benelux in addition to Cz and Austrian territory since his leadership breakdown was from a 1936 GC start.

Not to mention law and event effects. There are too many variables to know for sure. Not that that alleviates my concerns. Now, if Paradox should choose to provide me a press-release copy I will endeavor to provide a comprehensive and detailed analysis of the leadership point allocation :)

The lack of leadership pool concerns me too...
There should be some pool and gain each day like manpower. The more in each field the better results. And then the relocation between them shouldnt be so easy.

They already do this to an extent.

Screenshot of Espionage

Note that it has 'free spies'. This likely means that you can pool up spies from leadership expenditures. It also follows that something similar occurs in diplomacy.

Just my view on the posted leadership pools - were these 1936 values or later in the war? The Germans had several significant factors that should give them leadership in high numbers per capita.

1. The German Army during the in between years concentrated on leadership, it was able to expand to WW2 mobilization with some of the best in the world (HOI2 conveys this).

2. German engineering was top tier, as good or better than anything in the Allied or Soviet camp, very broad and deep. Again HOI2's skill teams demonstrate this.

3. The German education system was the envy of the world, turning out gobs of scientists and engineers and industrialists.

The Germans had an uphill fight when it came to matching the Allies and Soviets in the material and numbers of men, but in leadership they should be the best per capita IMO.

Back to the AAR (which is entertaining though I hate the Grey/Red and counters and map still, seems a step back).

How does the front AI perform, really? If I set the targets for let's say Moscow, will it just press on towards Moscow, or will it make encirclements, protecting flanks, etc? 'Cuz I would hate it if it would just press on like a wave or something, would get really boring after a while...]

As you might have seen it doesn't press on like a wave, it creates breaktroughs (not always at the weakest points) and exploits them. Attacking trough the breach or encircling.

So - that AAR will continue or not?
Damn 53 celsius and 32 in shadow... Help! :wacko:
I'm just so exhited about the upcoming Finnish AAR that I barley keep it in my pants (for obvious reasons)even though the AI didnt preform so well. Could you Mosby give us any idea when it'll be posted?

I will continue the current AAR up to chapter 20. Then we will have the Finnish AAR, probably starting on Wednesday. After that....Gotterdamerung (if the demo isn't released beforehand).

Chapter sixteen: showing my teeth, The Odessa front part IV
Just over a week into the offensive, the news finally was positive. Over the last two days “Assault Group Laskin” had pushed aside the weakened Rumanian corps in its front and started to advance into their rear, making ground quickly.​

4v1lbk.jpg

At the same time Odessa front was having its hands full with the Orhei gap. Their main line of defence had not been assailed yet, instead the Axis troops had attempted to outflank the positions by attacking the weaker forces to the west. The 35th corps was thrown in front of the enemies march in an attempt to counter the threat. Not being able to completely halt the offensive they at least could slow down the advance of those 6 enemy divisions for as long as possible. Casualties mounted however but the news of the Soviet breakthrough stiffened morale. “Just hold a bit longer and the enemy will be attacked from the rear.”​

33a5fdl.jpg

2z6y3ae.jpg

As “Assault Group Laskin” covered more and more ground, their attack almost resembling a blitzkrieg, their rear became threatened. An infantry corps was moved to support it in the rear. More to the east however we were repaid in kind. Here the situation was about a mirror image of Laskin’s breakthrough with the Soviet front in shambles. Still the stubborn general was able to persuade Odessa Front he would eliminate the threat within two weeks. Stavka gave him until the 10th of August, nine days. And thus the general ordered his armoured divisions, which had taken 20% casualties so far into the attack. No longer to the east, no, to the north!​

6dwh0o.jpg

Two days later Laskin’s honour was saved when he was successful with his second assault, more to the north. The Rumanian front was broken and several divisions destroyed in the process. At the same time his daring operation was more and more succesfull. Now only more troops had to be found and Laskin’s life would be saved.​

15d8943.jpg

Very nice update, Singleton!

Rensslaer