• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This, because we have seen you as the Soviets now, and replaying as the Germans will give us by far the best idea about AI capabilities! :)

Totally agree, and will give you an excellent overview of how in/correct the German OOB is against the USSR, as the move forward by the German AI is now very disappointing and bound to completely fail next year with USSR pushing into Axis territory.

Other scenarios might even be worse set up, or might CTD early on.

Great AAR. I would like to vote for #2.

But more specifically, I would like to see the following:
1. Naval invasion and supply (even if it doesn't make much strategic sense)
2. German supply line impact for invading.

Ok, to answer your earlier question:
Scenario= 1936 / difficulty = normal

US: 37.60 leadership points
UK: 37.07
USSR: 11.55 (I guess because of the putch, or did that take place in 37/387?)
Germany: 18.84 (Seems a bit low for a country focussed at leadership perfection)
Italy: 7.41
Japan: 12.98

Wow. A bit surprised the UK is as close to the USA on leadership. I'd of thought that the US would of had a sizeable lead. A nice surprise though, the USSR and Germany both have very low values still some tweaking will hopefully go on there.

US leadership is about the same as UK leadership? I call BS for the simple reason of relative population :p

If you are going to assign leadership on relative population then the UK will far outstrip the USA ;). Remember that the UK controls a massive area/population in the game.

Finally I'd like to see Barbarossa from the German side. It'd also be good to see how Barbarossa goes without any player interference, as it's still the most important front in the game even if you are playing as the UK, USA, Japan or any other country.

And for something else:

Considering this AAR will end after chapter 20 because of CTD's I couldn't get past, I want to know what you like me to do next. Take into account I can't play more then several months so I won't be able to start in 1936 and do a full campaign.
I will start playing for this second part of the preview-AAR during the weekend and posting will start on tuesday or wednesday.

1. Replay Barbarossa but do so historical, Attack! Attack!
2. Replay Barbarossa but play as the Germans
3. Fall Weiss 1939 and attempt to get as far as possible and attack France once the job is done in Poland
4. Gotterdamerung '44 as the Germans
5. '43 as the Germans
6. Gotterdamerung as the US, Normandy and Italy.
7. Barbarossa with the Finnish, DOW. And seeing how the AI conducts the main battle to the south

I am curious which of these scenarios you would like best.

2 of course.

The 1944 scenario may give an unfair advantage to Germany due to the absence of naval AI (messing with troop transport and the dynamics of the global war which includes Japan).

I would love to see #2 or #7. Because, let's face it, Hearts of Iron is Barbarossa as Germany :)

Also, thank you for the information about leadership - like you, I would have assumed a higher number for Germany, possibly on par with the UK. But this is probably a topic best to be discussed after the game is released.

And last but not least - put on your wife beater shirt, grab an assault rifle (ho-ho-ho) and kick the Germans out of the Motherland! I am running out of fingernails to chew on...

7. The numbers of Finns here are many, you will be overwhelmed by systemic bias.

On further note, East Front is very important theatre for all players, even if they are bystanders and don't directly participate. So it would be nice to see how AI vs. AI match works out.

Is there actually a country that benefits from early Soviet victory there though? Republican Spain perhaps.

One thing which is impressive and hasn't been mentioned by anyone, neither by me, is the music in the game. I never liked it very much in the Paradox title but now, with this massive battlefield and numerous units, the music is really good and seems to be different for each major nation as well.

Ok, to answer your earlier question:
Scenario= 1936 / difficulty = normal

US: 37.60 leadership points
UK: 37.07
USSR: 11.55 (I guess because of the putch, or did that take place in 37/387?)
Germany: 18.84 (Seems a bit low for a country focussed at leadership perfection)
Italy: 7.41
Japan: 12.98

I am very surprised that Germany has such a low value, since in 1936, from an economic & scientific standpoint, Germany was almost on par with the UK.