• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IIRC, if division is encircled and it shatters, it is lost forever.

Thats what I thought as well, but Mosby said that the Divisions which were surrounded and were 'destroyed' by the Germans are being 'rebuilt' in Moscow.

"I didn't get a message but they were all wiped out, shattered and reconstituted without a leader and without any org or strength in Moscow. It did not really 'hurt' however."

1. Replay Barbarossa but do so historical, Attack! Attack!
2. Replay Barbarossa but play as the Germans
3. Fall Weiss 1939 and attempt to get as far as possible and attack France once the job is done in Poland
4. Gotterdamerung '44 as the Germans
5. '43 as the Germans
6. Gotterdamerung as the US, Normandy and Italy.
7. Barbarossa with the Finnish, DOW. And seeing how the AI conducts the main battle to the south
I vote for either 2 or 7. I think that the later scenarios ('43 and '44) might just increase the chance that the game goes down early because of CtDs or resource problems.

Thats what I thought as well, but Mosby said that the Divisions which were surrounded and were 'destroyed' by the Germans are being 'rebuilt' in Moscow.

"I didn't get a message but they were all wiped out, shattered and reconstituted without a leader and without any org or strength in Moscow. It did not really 'hurt' however."

Hmm, maybe it is by supply then. Were those divisions out of supply when they shattered?

Simply to get a look at how Operation Overlord works out with the new logistcs system.

3. Fall Weiss 1939 and attempt to get as far as possible and attack France once the job is done in Poland
5. '43 as the Germans
7. Barbarossa with the Finnish, DOW. And seeing how the AI conducts the main battle to the south

I am curious which of these scenarios you would like best.[/COLOR]

I vote for 2 and 5.

Thanks Mosby :)

Hmm, maybe it is by supply then. Were those divisions out of supply when they shattered?

Encirled is encircled, even If I am sitting on top of an Army Supply depot, it does not change the fact that I am unable to get back to my side of the front. ;)
Hopefully they have it fixed to 'being-able-to-trace-a-supply-line-back-to-the-capitol' rather than still having supplies left over in the release version.

And for something else:

Considering this AAR will end after chapter 20 because of CTD's I couldn't get past, I want to know what you like me to do next. Take into account I can't play more then several months so I won't be able to start in 1936 and do a full campaign.
I will start playing for this second part of the preview-AAR during the weekend and posting will start on tuesday or wednesday.

Both sound tempting but i think i'll go for #2
I'd love to see how the AI responds to encirclement.

5. '43 as the Germans
7. Barbarossa with the Finnish, DOW. And seeing how the AI conducts the main battle to the south[/b][/center]

I am curious which of these scenarios you would like best.

I vote for nr. 3 or 2, mainly I just want to see Germany in action and you in command of it all :D

Simply to get a look at how Operation Overlord works out with the new logistcs system.

This.

But also to see if you can discern how the allies interact, that is, IF they interact.

Well, now I think of it again I am not 100% sure. But, I have seen a lot of shattered divisions in that province and just before it was closed there were nine after it was closed there were nine as well. Hence I gathered the organisation remained with no personel at all. Don't hold it against me if it turns out not to be like this however.

This.

But also to see if you can discern how the allies interact, that is, IF they interact.

We have seen the Axis interact when they attacked north from Rumania.

Does it have to be Europe? I would love to see China vs. Japan showdown, especially for logistics and terrain impact on the Japan advance speed.

Sorry, I gave it a try and didn't like it. Japan is no fun atm as there is no naval AI and I don't know anything about the history of that part so.......I only chose options in Europe.

Well, now I think of it again I am not 100% sure. But, I have seen a lot of shattered divisions in that province and just before it was closed there were nine after it was closed there were nine as well. Hence I gathered the organisation remained with no personel at all. Don't hold it against me if it turns out not to be like this however.

Hey, I'm just glad that you are taking the time & trouble at all. :)

I'll see it when HOI3 comes out, and I'm sure if is not working as intended Johan will give a Patch (when he intends to give it to us ;) ) to fix it.

And for something else:

Considering this AAR will end after chapter 20 because of CTD's I couldn't get past, I want to know what you like me to do next. Take into account I can't play more then several months so I won't be able to start in 1936 and do a full campaign.
I will start playing for this second part of the preview-AAR during the weekend and posting will start on tuesday or wednesday.

5. '43 as the Germans

I am curious which of these scenarios you would like best.

4 please

4 OR 5, Kursk must be awesome !!