• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why did you even bother with militia is beyond me.
Unless militia in HOI3 is some kind of magical unit not like in HOI2.

Well, he said it was magical as in "Completes faster"
So (given that frontage thing again), padding your fine divisions with some militia might save them from being encircled? They might also be good to just stall things in general while the many "real" divisions are being completed?

Does anyone know, what all those numbers on lower end of technology screen mean? Expertise?

Some are blue, some are green?

And small number in circle for every technology? Hardness to research?

How exactly does a nation gain "leadership" points?

Uh, this is gonna be a great game! :)

(1) Does anyone know, what all those numbers on lower end of technology screen mean? Expertise?

(2) Some are blue, some are green?

(3) And small number in circle for every technology? Hardness to research?

(4) How exactly does a nation gain "leadership" points?

Uh, this is gonna be a great game! :)

(1): Yes, those are practical and theoretical experience values, which help with researching and building related projects.
(2): Green is theoretical and blue is practical.
(3): Yes, it is difficulty of research project.
(4): It is province based, like IC and there is laws and technologies that modify the rate.

Well, he said it was magical as in "Completes faster"
So (given that frontage thing again), padding your fine divisions with some militia might save them from being encircled? They might also be good to just stall things in general while the many "real" divisions are being completed?

On the other hand, they might not - previous AARs and reports on HoI3 indicated that even regular armies (Poland, Yugoslavia) had problems in slowing down better organized enemy (which surely going to be the case with Germany Wehrmacht vs. militia reinforced RKKA in 1941).

Oh well, we will see from AAR if this tactics got some merit or not. Certainly building armored divisions that will get completed in 3-4 months doesn't make sense at all for an AAR that intends to cover couple of early months of the invasion, I guess. ;)

BTW, I would start moving units from Far East already. I wonder if we hear anything about it (and how strategic redeployment equivalent works).

On the other hand, they might not - previous AARs and reports on HoI3 indicated that even regular armies (Poland, Yugoslavia) had problems in slowing down better organized enemy (which surely going to be the case with Germany Wehrmacht vs. militia reinforced RKKA in 1941).

To be honest, in King's AAR Jugoslavia was hit before divisions were able to mobilise, so those shattered easily.

Militia is far from useless in HoI 2. Ever tried mixing them with regular infantry as the Russians? The German player will hate you.

True, BUT it's because HoI2 combat engine inherent fault which is ability to stack units in province ad infinitum (well, up to command limit of the commander).

In HoI3, you got more provinces and frontage, which makes superstacks of infantry and militia not so great.

Well, not as easily as those divisions, as at least these militias are at (close to) full strength and have support of other divisions.

Aye, let's hope for the best for poor opolchenye conscripts.

I'm quite curious myself if they prove to be good enough. Personally, I would go for mix of infantry/cavalry instead, but everyone got his own ways here. :)

It is just a simple name typo.

:)

Ah, was starting to think it was just the end result of continuous research.

One reason I would like to see factories added is the Soviets did have their own semi-auto battle rifles but stuck with the Mosin-Nagant for production reasons. Well what if some day someone wants to continue with the process of going to semi-auto battle rifles. :rofl:

/pointless post is pointless.