• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1.145 brigades.

Let's say there're an average of 3 brigades per division, that makes nearly 400 divisions for the soviets in 1941.........don't know if that's too far from reality

It's about right if you take the number of units after the mobilization.

Would be less if more units from the border were lost in cauldrons, but we are playing alternative reality here, with Soviets having much better control over their actions. ;)

Do you have to choose one after the other at "economic laws" or can you skip or freely choose one of these laws?

Seems there's only one possible which is listed below.
Or are there more than one active (some of them contrary to the other...?)

Is ther a time delay for switching laws?

No, you can skip them but if you can choose the laws depends on various parameters. There is only one possible.

111 armoured divisions:wacko:
Any idea how many the Germans have?

111 brigades.

If so, it's simple and everything needs to be cut by 50-70%

I think the other attack option Paradox is implementing is a much more aggresive "blitzkrieg", probably a sort of "advance to all costs", which would be the mode for the German AI here against a much reduced in size USSR army.

I agree with cutting the USSR forces by 70% and perhaps decreasing their starting strength and mobilization. But, keep in mind, we will probably play the 36 or 39 scenario, not the 41.

About the possible new option(s), I am very currious.

Germany, better axis in total should have 170 divisions and nearly 4.5 Mio men and 3.500-4.000 tanks

@Singleton Mosby

Do you think you can slow down the axis advance now or even stop it, or are you much weaker then the enemy on several frontlines at the moment?

How much percent of your troops are directly at the frontline?

I see you have several front line airfields that could be placed under threat.
Should you lose some of them will your interceptors have the range to cover your armies particularly in the centre?

Coming back to the ai attack does it appear to you that it is not exploiting obvious openings in your lines or is it going for the more infrastructure friendly route into the Russian heartland?
Some of Army Group Centre seems to have stagnated.
The same with Army Group South.
Almost as if is simply reacting.
Maybe a developer can help with this one as it is a 1941 scenario? And one would expect it to be realisticly very faithful to Operation Barbarossa.
Should the axis ai not be more aggressive.?

@Singleton Mosby

Do you think you can slow down the axis advance now or even stop it, or are you much weaker then the enemy on several frontlines at the moment?

How much percent of your troops are directly at the frontline?

I might not be able to hold them on the Stalin line but I am quite confident I will hold them on the Dnjepr, with a bit of luck I will still have Minsk and Kiev under my control.

Bear in mind this would make for a rather different eastfront but a nice one as well.

Soviet had about 23 500 tanks at the start of Barbarossa. During the first 6-8 weeks of the campaign they had lost 12 000 tanks. Total tank losses during the period june 22 1941 to may 2 1945 was staggering 96 000 tanks [N Zetterling]

If the AI is not doing encirclements and the Russian AI starts with the historical number of divisions, it seems pretty likely that the Germany AI will always lose.

If the reason the AI is not encircling is simply the superior skill of Singleton, there's still a bit of a problem as most players will do the same.

This may be a case where playability and historical accuracy clash violently.

@ Singleton, is there no summary statistical screen showing casualties from battle in your build?

a4lhe8.jpg

2m4atrd.jpg

@ Singleton Mosby: I can see significant gaps between the German army groups. Any chance to bring your tank divisions there for a breakthrough and possible encirclement of complete army groups North or Center?

@ Singleton Mosby: I can see significant gaps between the German army groups. Any chance to bring your tank divisions there for a breakthrough and possible encirclement of complete army groups North or Center?

If the new FoW system works, just because you (the SU) sees a gap in the lines, does not mean that there is nothing there. It could just be that you don't have any units within recon range to see anything there.

Is it me or is the AI triing for some encirclements in the Screenshots?

Hey guys, is it just me, or does anyone else notice the 1940 infantry weapon tech 'AK-47'? :p I know this is a beta, so it's probably a placeholder, but just something interesting ^_^