+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 33 58 83 98 106 107 108
Results 2,141 to 2,159 of 2159

Thread: A BETA-preview Barbarossa AAR

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Notger View Post
    'Tis but a mere a slip of the tongue. I think SM was referring to Emmental cheese, which is indeed Swiss and does have holes (Edam does not have nearly as many, as far as I can tell).
    Edam-cheese (or Edammer in Dutch) does have holes as well. Altough, not as many as Emmentaler.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Mhmm, cheese...

But where's the next update?

Typing in all capital letters went out of style with FORTRAN.

East vs West developer
    CORE Minister of Propaganda
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Notger View Post
    'Tis but a mere a slip of the tongue. I think SM was referring to Emmental cheese, which is indeed Swiss and does have holes (Edam does not have nearly as many, as far as I can tell).
    Like Mosby states, Edam chees does have holes. As such, in the Dutch language we aren't using 'Swiss Cheese' in comparisons like these, but tend to refer to 'Edam Cheese' instead. So, although I already knew Mosby was a Dutchie this slip of the tongue pretty much confirmed it.
    CORE Minister of Propaganda

East vs. West softcoding department

Doing my bit for the boys - CORE2 Developer & Beta tester

CORE 0.41 for Armageddon is released! Download it here
    CORE 0.62.8 Open Beta for Arsenal of Democracy is released! Download it here
    The CORE Travel Guide for AoD version 6 is released! Download it here

Thanks for the great read Singleton. Much appreciated! Like it has been said before, it made the wait bearable!

Although I'll download the demo I won't have time to actually play it much (if any at all), so if you feel the urge to write a little AAR for me and those like me I won't stop you, no sir, not at all

200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Shopman View Post
    Although I'll download the demo I won't have time to actually play it much (if any at all), so if you feel the urge to write a little AAR for me and those like me I won't stop you, no sir, not at all
    Sorry, no urge to write about the demo.

I sure hope the press-review-copy will become available tomorrow or I won't have enough time to write my review.
    Last edited by Singleton Mosby; 08-08-2009 at 10:13.

'Any system which aims at taking freedom by open force to other peoples will only make that freedom hated and prevent its triumph. '
    - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton Mosby View Post
    Sorry, no urge to write about the demo.

I sure hope the press-review-copy will become available tomorrow or I won't have enough time to write my review.
    Mosby, you've done enough.

Take your rest. And enjoy the game.

Cheers,
    Nick

PS: This coming from a person without the demo. You lucky bastards.

Crusader Kings IIFor The GloryEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Edam-cheese (or Edammer in Dutch) does have holes as well. Altough, not as many as Emmentaler.
    Gouda is even more known in certain countries I think. Be proud of your town!

Great AARs Mosby! Thanks to your spamming in OT I found them and missing out would have been a travesty.
    Almost always right about the dutch national team!

"Van Engel was dragged away by his own bodyguard, screaming for Seen’s Blood."

Lets play Age of Kings! part I
    Lets play Civ IV! part IV

Nice job I'll have to post to keep my spot from here.

As it is very much related to my AARs a link to my HOI3 preview, in which I analyze the release version of HOI3 with the AARs in the back of my mind, is appropriate I presume .

A bunny with a hat Moderator Nikolai II's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

As it is very much related to my AARs a link to my HOI3 preview, in which I analyze the release version of HOI3 with the AARs in the back of my mind, is appropriate I presume .
    Certainly a nifty link.
    FSM! I am convinced. Are you?
    IPU! I have faith. Do you?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    As I'm quite absent minded lately, I haven't discovered this AAR til today... Great...

Well, at least I'm here to begin reading it
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (8) [Actualizado 01/09/2014]

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wow I think this is the most viewed\commented AAR in the forums.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin

Owner of the Portuguese Speakers Community (PSC)!

Domination of the Draka for Darkest Hour

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    It's not close.q
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Pendleton, Umatilla County, Oregon, USA, N. America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Laniakea, The Universe
    Just wanted to say thanks for keeping us entertained during the long wait. Will we see an AAR from you with the game eventually? Otherwise, just enjoy!
    “The greatest and noblest pleasure which we have in this world is to discover new truths, and the next is to shake off old prejudices.”
    – Frederick II von Hohenzollern

I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanGuy View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for keeping us entertained during the long wait. Will we see an AAR from you with the game eventually? Otherwise, just enjoy!
    Yep, somewher in September I guess, the AAR will be titled:

"With SS-division 'Wiking' through Russia: a Dutch youth's crusade against Boshevism"

'Any system which aims at taking freedom by open force to other peoples will only make that freedom hated and prevent its triumph. '

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Looking forward to the Wiking AAR!

You're about to cross 500,000 views on this thing! That's remarkable, even for an AAR that's been around a couple of years! And this one... Only, what, 2-3 months? Nice!

Congratulations!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Quote Originally Posted by Rensslaer View Post
    Looking forward to the Wiking AAR!

You're about to cross 500,000 views on this thing! That's remarkable, even for an AAR that's been around a couple of years! And this one... Only, what, 2-3 months? Nice!

Congratulations!

Rensslaer
    Just read this now. The AAR passed the 500k mark by 3.500 since you posted I am impressed as well.

I am new to these forums so not sure what questions you were answering. I am however interested in your comment about playing Finland as I have found it almost impossible to do anything and very frustrating. How did you get on?
    ALso, what is DOW as in your comment "Barbarossa with the Finnish, DOW. . . . "
    rgds,

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Declaration Of War?

Used in every paradox game, DOW is shorter to say that they attacked us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 33 58 83 98 106 107 108