• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is another created by someone who was worried about Germany's low leadership at the beginning of the game (it was something like 18 compared to 32 of the UK and 38 for US if I remember correctly).

Mosby, could you possible let us know Germany's leadership at the beginning of the '44 scenario so that we get a rough idea what the occupied territories contribute to Germany's leadership ?

There is another created by someone who was worried about Germany's low leadership at the beginning of the game (it was something like 18 compared to 32 of the UK and 38 for US if I remember correctly).

You can see here that Germany has 31.76 leadership. (Assuming that Lothos didn't change country when he was reviewing)

Withdraw and shorten your lines fast - the best would be Konigsberg - Narew - Bug (maybe later Vistula) - Carpathian mountains line. Use allies to suppress uprisings and get your troops from balkans to Romania and Italy. Norwegian forces can be helpful in Finland. There is no naval AI ok but will they send new troops by see? If not then Normandy will be quite easy and both with Italy will end soon with no additional troops for Allies so you will have a lot of spare Divisions to send to the East. Try to relocate all your Airfoce and combine them - send them all to Normandy first when you beat the Allies there move them back to the EF (you should also leave some to defend against Strategical Bombing).
Wish you luck!

EDIT:
I think that with the new logistics and frontage defending Germany in 1944 scenario can be easier than in HoI2. Think of it - USSR cant use their whole numerical advantage when you shorten your lines due to frontage and its them who will have to send supplies to all those tons of units through a bad infra.
You havent lost AG Center yet as happened IRL in Bagration and your troops from AG North arent sorrounded in Kurland, you can win that! Blow those damn bolsheviks!

Thats the first game I will play with HoI3! ;) or 1943? I havent decided yet...

when i saw the map i thought the same thing...funny how ppl think alike :rofl:

1st i would shorten the line in the east, have 6 divisons in the "frontrow" per province (with frontage that should be enough to have the maximum), and reserves and armor behind to counter any breakthrough atempt.
it might even be possible to move some divisons to the west front or to italy.

primary goal should be sending the allied forces in normandy into the sea, which frees up troops for a counter offensive in italy.

I totally agree that it might be winable still...
if only the USSR AI tries a breakthrough that can be pocketed to get those divions under 300? :D

Thanks for the update.

Could you show us production (and technology) screens?

Nothing interesting to see there. They are not finished yet, only the techs needed for the '44 scenario are researched but I can't, for example, not build medium or heavy tanks and researching them would take a lot of time.

Thus: "Nothing to see, move along."

Mosby, could you possible let us know Germany's leadership at the beginning of the '44 scenario so that we get a rough idea what the occupied territories contribute to Germany's leadership ?

OK...

I totally agree that it might be winable still...
if only the USSR AI tries a breakthrough that can be pocketed to get those divions under 300? :D

We'll see.

Playing this scenario without naval AI is sensless. It will be a war versus only SU again. What's the point of this?

The Allies will be supplied and reinforced, they only lack new units. I have did a short test game and Italy was an utter disaster, Normandy a bloody battle and I don't want to speak of the Eastern-Front yet because I am ashamed of myself.

Playing this scenario without naval AI is sensless. It will be a war versus only SU again. What's the point of this?
It simply not being ready in the version Mosby is playing, perhaps? :rolleyes: IIRC Lothos is one if not the first to be able to see the actual thing (HoI3 Gold). Mosby just has a beta version.

The Allies will be supplied and reinforced, they only lack new units. I have did a short test game and Italy was an utter disaster, Normandy a bloody battle and I don't want to speak of the Eastern-Front yet because I am ashamed of myself.

Oh, just wait until the lack of strategic AI sets in. :)

I think it will still be interesting to see how he fares against the Soviets, though I did point out that lacking a naval component messes up the dynamics of global war because the Allies cannot ship in more units (so the West Front will never materialize), and the war in the Pacific can go very wrong very fast.

Mhm, a Götterdämmerung AAR. This is bound to be interesting. Will the Soviet AI be smart enough to prevent a strategic withdrawal to a more favorable defensive position, and how will they react to counter-offensives or attempts to encircle them?

Nothing interesting to see there. They are not finished yet, only the techs needed for the '44 scenario are researched but I can't, for example, not build medium or heavy tanks and researching them would take a lot of time.

Thus: "Nothing to see, move along."

I was wondering how much IC would be needed to upgrade all German forces to the best gear.

SM, pretty please can you give yourself a historical handicap and keep your troops around Calais in reserve until you're a few weeks in? Sure that'd mean the Allies would be able to secure Normandy and it'd all be over by 1945, but it's not like the game is going to make it to 1946 anyway.

SM, pretty please can you give yourself a historical handicap and keep your troops around Calais in reserve until you're a few weeks in? Sure that'd mean the Allies would be able to secure Normandy and it'd all be over by 1945, but it's not like the game is going to make it to 1946 anyway.

If I don't I will push the Allies into the sea so I guess I will, at least for the first few weeks and about half of them.

And for those who asked, I have included the strenth comparison of the Axis forces in the first post of this AAR.

28bqzup.jpg

Last edited: