• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, you stopped them at Riga. I hope the envelopment penalty goes up a bit, I find -10% rather small for such an important feat, when -20% is given to dig in.

Are there many areas of urban terrain? Riga should be one I believe...

I guess the envelopment penalty was for attacking from three provinces, would be more if you go in from four or five.

And I am perfectly confident more Urban areas will be added. As I wrote in my preview, with smaller provinces they just can't have Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow, Kiev and NY not being urban terrain.

I'm missing statistics, even the most basic ones from the top of the screen, which you ommit carefuly in your screenshots :)

As my screenshots are taken in rather quick succesion I cut out the interesting bit which does not include the top bar most of the time ;)

go enterain yourself, i'll entertain myself with your post.

great AAR by the way. I've been looking forward to each update. School gets in the way though.

I like games and movies to be as historically accurate as possible. Just because i dont want things to happen exactly to a "t" like in a history book, and the fact that if the soviets do put up a good fight it doesnt bother me, doesnt mean i dont like history. I have a BC in history and i'm going for a masters in arts in military history from the Norwich University so dont get me started on history. I've been a fan since HoI1. Like you said, it is a game. If the game played out the same all of the time, then it wouldnt be much of a game. I'm not going to complain and be all :eek: if i'm playing against the Russians and they put up a good fight and delay a fast German invasion. thats all.
That was a tad more polite :).

Of course I agree with you that the game would not be very fun to play if every session turned out the same way all the time. Who would like that? I guess most of us like this game because it creates alternative history and I also belive that many of us would like that alternative history to be based on a historically fairly correct starting point (that's the reason for my question about balancing). This has also been an explicit ambition for the Paradox team. It's the uncertainty and variation during the rest of the trip that makes it worth while.

So I guess we share the same interest in this game and the AAR after all?

Last edited:
Statistics! I love statistics.

Great AAR, Singleton. I hope my bitching about the USSR's mobilising capability didn't make me seem like a hater :eek:o

KUTGW!

So, which chapter do you guys want next (later today); a Stavka report on the statistics or the first chapter of a bloody encirlment battle?

Both of course...
Did the ai encircle your troops in Riga?
If they did, then I am a happy chappie :) Because that is what i would have done ;)

So, which chapter do you guys want next (later today); a Stavka report on the statistics or the first chapter of a bloody encirlment battle?
Both both both :D

Let the Stavka report have the usual "modification of facts", please ;)

Chapter ten: STAVKA reporting

The second week of July, a Stavka meeting, Moscow.

2cdbpkx.jpg

2gx1btx.jpg

2af0rh2.jpg

2i2a5pu.jpg

2ut1eu9.jpg

33v2fti.jpg

2cgj1h.jpg

2iqebe9.jpg

2ngrggo.jpg

And let's not forget an overview of the strength of my frontline:

a4lhe8.jpg

2m4atrd.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have to choose one after the other at "economic laws" or can you skip or freely choose one of these laws?

Seems there's only one possible which is listed below.
Or are there more than one active (some of them contrary to the other...?)

Is ther a time delay for switching laws?

111 armoured divisions:wacko:
Any idea how many the Germans have?