• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Too little :mad: Anyways what happened to Croatia? :confused:

E: I mean the soviets are nowhere near them?

Got mistaken for Slovakia. The Soviets have still to cross Tisza and Danube in that direction.

What do all those "Selects" do? err, well, I figure it selects the division. But why have a big list of them?

I want to display the direction of movement of my units. The big arrows are only shown when I select the unit so I have selected all units which are moving for this operation. If you press select you will only see this one unit. If you then click its parent unit in the OOB you will go to corps level and then can click down to its borther divisions. Works pretty neat.

Can't that be done on the right side of the screen with the "tooltip" like tree box? I don't see why they need a second one of those

You can indeed navigate through your army witht he tree box on the right but that won't show the movement.

Because that lists your whole army, making selecting specific divisions from your earlier selection bit hassle.

No, it is not. You can 'pull a unit down'. Let's say I click on the 1st army and then on the 2nd corps. The divisions of this corps will be displayed. By clicking on the divisions I will be taken to them and they are selected.

Aren't you afraid to get cut off by some lonely Siberian troops?

I am and I was (April and March '42)

Thanks for the AAR. Can Singleton Mosby comment on how the AI from this build compares to the AI on the RTM build? I'm a bit concerned about the inability of the Soviet AI to assess strategic priorities which seems to be affecting the efficiency of its defense.

I will once I get the release version. This AAR was writing with the BETA.

Nice little pocket-you finish them off?

I have no troops down there myself.

But anyway, let's try and keep it to the AAR then.

Thank you!

Question on Romania, is it now neutral, or has it swapped sides?
Can you use any diplomatic resources to bolster them, get them to re-enter the war or are they done for?

If you are playing Germany, you will have to monitor the moral of your allies closely.

As Finland did you have any diplomatic warning that your ally was about to bolt?

In the 12th chapter of the Finnish campaign in the sixth pic what does the 1% represent above the supplied from is that supply effectiveness????

Great AAR by the way thank you for your great work i would go nuttz with out it.:cool:

Question on Romania, is it now neutral, or has it swapped sides?
Can you use any diplomatic resources to bolster them, get them to re-enter the war or are they done for?

If you are playing Germany, you will have to monitor the moral of your allies closely.

As Finland did you have any diplomatic warning that your ally was about to bolt?

No, I didn't get a warning. I could look at their national unity however in the diplo screen and it was bad. At the moment Romania is no more, completely annexed by the Ruskies.

Is that a 500 km hole in the front in Yugoslavia? between the single German unit near Bulgaria and the ones in Hungary

Yep :D

In the 12th chapter of the Finnish campaign in the sixth pic what does the 1% represent above the supplied from is that supply effectiveness????

Attrition IIRC

Last edited:
Did you actually do anything to influence that outcome?

( Sorrounding Moscova )

If not, some hell of a job by the german AI, specially when outnumbered.

Cheers;
Nick

BTW, Singleton Mosby, did you earlier say that tutorials are only videos now?

IIRC (did EIC/Majesty2 and some other tutorials since and it has been some time) they are 'captured' ingame screens with another overlay in text of someone explaining to you about the game's mechanisms.

If not, some hell of a job by the german AI, specially when outnumbered.

I'll second that. And no, I didn't do much to alter the outcome of the 'Miracle in the East'.

Chapter Fifteen: shake hands!

The commanders of the Moscow battlefront screamed for reinforcements. Already they were outnumbered but now they were pushed back and had to give ground as well. Offensive plans for the future were made, the situation wasn’t desperate yet, but all hopes of a quick glory were gone.​

szhgxx.jpg

One major change had taken place however. No longer were the Finnish government and general Mannerheim afraid of being overrun quickly. Moscow would not be our last chance for national survival, as now the German forces had managed to break the spine of the Soviet army. In the south the situation was still dire but the central and especially northern fronts had proven their mettle. Their enemy had broken while they had held under the red onslaught.

Now we only needed to mop up the Soviet forces in front of Leningrad to firmly secure the northern front.​

2pp0uav.jpg

Having send the VII corps on a long march to cut the enemies supply lines and secure the flank our forces were finally in position to assault the enemy in the “Oranienbaum kessel”.​

2drta90.jpg

As the violent battle raged and Finnish infantry attacked Soviet tanks a new operation was put into effect to the south of Pskov. It was here the VII corps’ divisions not guarding the Leningrad ‘flank’ marched tot he southwest, and into history.
Having subdued the Soviet garrison defending Riga nothing stood in the path of the German forces of Armygroup North. Mannerheim ordered our men to race to meet them and cover as much of Russian ground as possible. His plan for the future was to establish the future German-Fin border on the line Narva-Pskov and then in a wide circle towards Archangelsk.​

15mmgar.jpg

24mbc69.jpg

2h66e5c.jpg

In the afternoon of December 19th in a genuine Russian snowstorm, our forces met. It was here gifts were exchanged. We gave the shivering Germans some real winter clothing and received some proper weapons, and our very first tank, in exchange.​
w8nbkz.jpg

Considering just how few Red divisions there appeared to be on the Baltic front, you're probably fighting most of their shattered remnants in Moscow. No wonder you might be getting outnumbered...

No way!!!
You actually did it!:cool:

In spite of all odds (and helped by enemy spectacular bloopers) you made Suomi play a great role in Russia's defeat.

Way to go, GROFAZ!:rolleyes: