• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That many? There seems to be barely anyone at the front.

Maybe those that didn't shatter had moved south to help in 'liberating' the south slavic comrades - talking about confused priorities!

Wasn't it said that there was not much of a strategical AI yet in the early beta build Mosby is playing? It certainly seems the case - the operational AI seems very competent already but the strategic AI seems quite lost. This has undoubtably been fixed for the release version.

Maybe those that didn't shatter had moved south to help in 'liberating' the south slavic comrades - talking about confused priorities!

Wasn't it said that there was not much of a strategical AI yet in the early beta build Mosby is playing? It certainly seems the case - the operational AI seems very competent already but the strategic AI seems quite lost. This has undoubtably been fixed for the release version.

IIRC in the press beta there is no Strategic AI.

Indeed, no strategic AI. But the tactical AI is very good, I even had a hard time against it when I outnumbered it two to oen (Spanish Civil War and USSR '41). I am curious how much of a match the AI will be with the strategic AI in place as well.

That many. Wow. :eek:

Were they all very understrength? I suppose the Germans have been handing out a punishment in the early stalemate (or what seemed like a stalemate!)

This shattering is a great way to simulate the early Soviet losses in Barbarossa though.

Soviet officer value didn't help them either. 75% (or something) makes divisions much more vulnerable to shattering, AFAIK.

Yup, was about to point out the strategic AI too.

Tactically, if the russian forces were even able to make romania shatter, it should be pretty good, and as well as having stalled the germans for so long.

However, it completely disregarded the finnish front, but I'm fairly confident that once the strategic ( and Naval ) AI is in place, the AI will just go rampant all over your forces and you people will scream BLOODY MURDER!

Skynet ftw

Cheers;
Nick

The strategic AI wouldn't need to be very good to stop Mosby in this case. It would just need to be there and realize that losing high IC provs = bad.

Question: did the fall of Romania affect Finnish national unity in any way?

Basically, what I'm wandering is if it would be possible to get a domino effect of alliance members to surrender even without major losses if key alliance members capitulate.

IE. If Germany surrenders and say, Hungary is still around, would they continue the fight or sue for peace, or say, would Brazil and South Africa continue fighting if France, Britain and USA are knocked out.

More importantly, Tannu Tuva after the surrender of Soviet Union. :D

Of course, they are going to go into Germany from the south, while the Germans enter Russia from the North. :D

Then the russians will defend Berlin from the Germanic hordes, while the Germans defend the Fatherland at the gate of Moscow. ;)

Of course, they are going to go into Germany from the south, while the Germans enter Russia from the North. :D

Then the russians will defend Berlin from the Germanic hordes, while the Germans defend the Fatherland at the gate of Moscow. ;)

This totally reminds me of my first game as Germany. After the invasion of Poland and Norway I went and conquered Sweden. Unfortunatelly I had put too little divisions on the Siegfried line and the french got through. So there I was sitting in Stockholm, my armies in scandinavia, french in Berlin, thinking what the heck just happened :D