• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter Five: Cutting the Murmansk line

The Battle for the Murmansk line lasted from mid-July through August and culminated with a victory on September 29th. The Soviets had two corps of three divisions each stationed on the border, defending the line of communications with Murmansk and the railroad, which was meant to supply Moscow with allied goodies in the future.

As Barabarossa is launched a two division German corps crosses the border, not content with sharing the spoils and glory with their Finnish allies. They, however, are soundly beaten by their enemies and to my surprise shatter within a few weeks. The Finnish 2nd corps was meant to support them but with the German almost gone we can do nothing but follow the enemy cautiously as they move south to break through the encirclement quickly put in place by the cavalry division.

8x77cy.jpg

The Soviet commander here makes a fatal mistake. Instead of marching around a dug in German division he chooses to attack it, in so doing spending valuable time I will use to send in two more corps’ It was a race to the finish but due to our high infra and the German will to die to the last the Finnish won, three of my corps’ were now blocking the Soviet two. The right time for a good fight.​

2hgy80y.jpg

v7f3hw.jpg

It took us eleven days to slice the enemies forces in two after which we commenced to wipe out the smaller of the two forces.
2i0gego.jpg

eh11rr.jpg

By September 29th the fighting was over and all of the Soviet divisions had either succumbed due to casualties and starvation or surrendered. Just in time to witness the first snow covering the fields and forests of Finland.​

2re47lg.jpg

izok15.jpg

2jbpgnq.jpg

Great so far, just hope it's possible to hold the land in the long run...

No. Think big, rush for Baku. :D

So does taking Murmansk and Arkhangelsk have any effect on Lend-Lease?

ahem - so what exactly does ´SM´ stand for ? :D

If it´s just diplomatic bonus with the US, it can be said it´s not in - cause that diplo-bonus is not gonna affect anything, no matter who the player is, since the naval AI is not implemented and the game will inevitably crash at some point.

So, what difference does Finnish infantry divisions (2-3) has to German infantry divisions (2-2)?

Finnish infantry in this scenario is of (exagerated) high quality being " '48 infantry" hence the 2-3 instead of 2-2.

No. Think big, rush for Baku. :D

Hmm, why not. I have not fin(n)ish(ed) playing the game for this AAR so I can give it a try and see how far I come.

if i recall it correctly, in SM version it just gives a + to relationship with the usa no free stuff

It indeed does. But apart from that there are no effects to the game. I needed a little 'flavour' for this AAR however and thus I included some comments on the LL.

Does no one else find this last AAR extremely disturbing?

This is beta sure, but come on marching into Leningrad unoposed?????

Lack of strategic AI.

ahem - so what exactly does ´SM´ stand for ? :D

Zingletone Mobsy: a cat owning, women's undergarment wearing, Hoi3 previewing and AAR-ing forum memeber who is waiting for his set of steak knives :rolleyes: