• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As this thread is about to become redundant with the release of the demo: three cheers for Mosby. Every Paradox release some generous chap favours the rest of us with precious info, this time it was you. Sincere thanks.

The first actual proof of your Dutch lineage showing through (it's Edam Cheese, and only in the Low Countries renowned for it's holes). Not bad after so many pages of flawless English! I doubt that many a reader would have noticed... ;)

'Tis but a mere a slip of the tongue. I think SM was referring to Emmental cheese, which is indeed Swiss and does have holes (Edam does not have nearly as many, as far as I can tell). ;)

'Tis but a mere a slip of the tongue. I think SM was referring to Emmental cheese, which is indeed Swiss and does have holes (Edam does not have nearly as many, as far as I can tell). ;)

Edam-cheese (or Edammer in Dutch) does have holes as well. Altough, not as many as Emmentaler.

Like Mosby states, Edam chees does have holes. As such, in the Dutch language we aren't using 'Swiss Cheese' in comparisons like these, but tend to refer to 'Edam Cheese' instead. So, although I already knew Mosby was a Dutchie this slip of the tongue pretty much confirmed it. :)

Thanks for the great read Singleton. Much appreciated! Like it has been said before, it made the wait bearable!

Although I'll download the demo I won't have time to actually play it much (if any at all), so if you feel the urge to write a little AAR for me and those like me I won't stop you, no sir, not at all :D

Although I'll download the demo I won't have time to actually play it much (if any at all), so if you feel the urge to write a little AAR for me and those like me I won't stop you, no sir, not at all :D

Sorry, no urge to write about the demo.

I sure hope the press-review-copy will become available tomorrow or I won't have enough time to write my review.

Last edited:
Sorry, no urge to write about the demo.

I sure hope the press-review-copy will become available tomorrow or I won't have enough time to write my review.
Mosby, you've done enough.

Take your rest. And enjoy the game.

Cheers,
Nick

PS: This coming from a person without the demo. You lucky bastards.

Edam-cheese (or Edammer in Dutch) does have holes as well. Altough, not as many as Emmentaler.

Gouda is even more known in certain countries I think. Be proud of your town!

Great AARs Mosby! Thanks to your spamming in OT I found them and missing out would have been a travesty. :)

As it is very much related to my AARs a link to my HOI3 preview, in which I analyze the release version of HOI3 with the AARs in the back of my mind, is appropriate I presume :).

As I'm quite absent minded lately, I haven't discovered this AAR til today... Great...

Well, at least I'm here to begin reading it:D

Wow I think this is the most viewed\commented AAR in the forums. :D

It's not close.q

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping us entertained during the long wait. Will we see an AAR from you with the game eventually? Otherwise, just enjoy!

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping us entertained during the long wait. Will we see an AAR from you with the game eventually? Otherwise, just enjoy!

Yep, somewher in September I guess, the AAR will be titled:

"With SS-division 'Wiking' through Russia: a Dutch youth's crusade against Boshevism"

Looking forward to the Wiking AAR!

You're about to cross 500,000 views on this thing! :eek: That's remarkable, even for an AAR that's been around a couple of years! And this one... Only, what, 2-3 months? Nice!

Congratulations!

Rensslaer

Looking forward to the Wiking AAR!

You're about to cross 500,000 views on this thing! :eek: That's remarkable, even for an AAR that's been around a couple of years! And this one... Only, what, 2-3 months? Nice!

Congratulations!

Rensslaer

Just read this now. The AAR passed the 500k mark by 3.500 since you posted :D I am impressed as well.