+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 108 FirstFirst ... 19 44 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2159

Thread: A BETA-preview Barbarossa AAR

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh, new update!

What the heck Sweden is planning?

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by TempestDK View Post
    I think I read somewhere, that Johan said that the AI would be "able" to be overconfident .. like the russians thinking that the finnish forces would not be a threat and thus not mobilize even if finnish forces were massing on the border.

Maybe that would be used for the winter war ... the russians thinking the finns a pushover and thus the finns being able to have some initial success.
    IIRC, Johan said that Winter War is one of main uses for overconfident AI.

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

That last screen of the whole of Finland was beautiful.

The Shadow of Man 406 - 1095 - Rules

Contribute to 'Concert of Europe', an 1815 mod for Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Baneslave View Post
    Oh, new update!

That´s what i was thinking, too!

I really appreciate the inclusion of the dates in this new AAR. You can see, that really not much happened on the Leningrad front in August.

So - are we dont with the finnish one, now? Just asking.

On the last screenshot... is there divisions missing? Northern Finland looks bit strange, as borders have changed but there is no divisions there.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron Cross
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh, new update!

Sweden isn't planning anything.... he he he..... ehrm

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Uhtred View Post
    That last screen of the whole of Finland was beautiful.
    Indeed!

One question though. Am I seeing a German ID in Murmansk?
    "If Jean Luc Picard went back in time and then brought Genghis Khan to 1932 and the Enterprise exploded over the United States this is literally exactly what would happen.", FNLN

"I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do. ", HAL
    "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.", Isaac Asimov

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Malmö, Skane Lan, Sweden, 110837332277562, Malmö, Sweden
    Oh, new update!

Probably watching nervously what the Germans are doing in Norway.
    No need to watch the Finnish border cause our better half (Finland) make a stand as good as it can be.
    Favorite mods,

HOI1, HSR and SRP

HOI2, HSR, The compendium mod and Mod 34.

HOI3 SF, DiDay's Unique Units (ICE)

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Alojzy View Post
    Historically, not game-wise, they didn't really demobilized, since they didn't mobilize for Winter War. After 1940, they were just adding extra service time for their soldiers (you can use HoI3 decision "3 year service" to represent that) and delaying sending old soldiers home to expand their military.

For game reasons I guess Soviets should be somehow penalized if in 1936 campaign they didn't demobilized after Winter War - having them fully ready and without any handcaps for 1941 would most likely spoil all the fun, especially for human player behind USSR.
    It will be interesting how they handle this, I persume that the decision to mobilize or not could correspond to the "Treat Level" the opponent posseses.
    If Luxenburg DOWed Germany, Germany would not need to mobilize yet if France or Poland DOWed the German AI would go for full mobilisation imidiatly.
    HoI3
    HoI2 DDA
    HoI2 DDA + TRP
    Member of the Ahistoric Association

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazumir View Post
    So - are we dont with the finnish one, now? Just asking.
    No, we just started.

On the last screenshot... is there divisions missing? Northern Finland looks bit strange, as borders have changed but there is no divisions there.
    More on that in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Kenobi View Post
    Indeed!

One question though. Am I seeing a German ID in Murmansk?
    Yep, the Germans took it while the Soviets were fighting of a second German incursion a bit to the south.

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Swedes are clearly prepared for an Allied landing in Narvik and invasion of Kiruna over the Scandinavian mountains because the Germans are no threat and just want the goodies from Kiruna. The eastern border is secured by Finns as always.

Now isn't that clever AI?
    Peksi of Suomalais-Kelttiläinen liittokunta (Comhtháthú Fionlannach-Ceilteach)
    Hay guys what's going on
    #eu3 / #victoria / #crusaderkings / #eurome / #hoi3 @ QuakeNet
    I'M ALSO USING COLORS IN MY SIGNATURE THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Proud user of Comic Sans MS (Arial is a terrible font)
    Proud owner of the best signature on Paradox forums.

Why do you control territory ahead of your divisions?

Have you advanced there and then retreated?
    "The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan." - Karl von Clausewitz

i would think so.

Corporal
    Hearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by Erlend View Post

My guess is that he though it would be better to defend a line between the two lakes, where he cannot be surrounded or flanked, than to hold useless russian countryside.

It's not like he had the ambition of pushing toward Moscow

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Erlend View Post

With so many provinces, do you need to take each one individually, or is there a method in which a province changes side?

Corporal
    Hearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by Alojzy View Post
    Historically, not game-wise, they didn't really demobilized, since they didn't mobilize for Winter War. After 1940, they were just adding extra service time for their soldiers (you can use HoI3 decision "3 year service" to represent that) and delaying sending old soldiers home to expand their military.

For game reasons I guess Soviets should be somehow penalized if in 1936 campaign they didn't demobilized after Winter War - having them fully ready and without any handcaps for 1941 would most likely spoil all the fun, especially for human player behind USSR.
    My solution, gamewise would be :
    * not to mobilize during the winter was but increase the length of year service
    * fight the winter war only with full strength division, i.e. the "standing red army"
    * mobilize in 41 when barbarossa launches

What I'm not sure :
    * can you "not" mobilize when in a limited war ?
    * will the relief of having reserve division be large enough for the soviet player to make him do the same choice instead of mobilizing as early of possible to behave better in Barbarossa ?

200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Before we continue I would like to draw your attention to the HOI3 writing contest:

Still two days to vote and 63 magnificent stories to choose from. Remember, you will decide who will win a copy of HOI3 (first prize is a hardcopy, signed by the dev-team).

VOTE!!!!

And i´d like to encourage everyone to have their inquiries responded before they vote :P Ask away!

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Is it that time already?

Daayum...

If I win I might as well die right now

Cheers;
    Nick

Chapter Five: Cutting the Murmansk line

The Battle for the Murmansk line lasted from mid-July through August and culminated with a victory on September 29th. The Soviets had two corps of three divisions each stationed on the border, defending the line of communications with Murmansk and the railroad, which was meant to supply Moscow with allied goodies in the future.

As Barabarossa is launched a two division German corps crosses the border, not content with sharing the spoils and glory with their Finnish allies. They, however, are soundly beaten by their enemies and to my surprise shatter within a few weeks. The Finnish 2nd corps was meant to support them but with the German almost gone we can do nothing but follow the enemy cautiously as they move south to break through the encirclement quickly put in place by the cavalry division.

The Soviet commander here makes a fatal mistake. Instead of marching around a dug in German division he chooses to attack it, in so doing spending valuable time I will use to send in two more corps’ It was a race to the finish but due to our high infra and the German will to die to the last the Finnish won, three of my corps’ were now blocking the Soviet two. The right time for a good fight.

It took us eleven days to slice the enemies forces in two after which we commenced to wipe out the smaller of the two forces.

By September 29th the fighting was over and all of the Soviet divisions had either succumbed due to casualties and starvation or surrendered. Just in time to witness the first snow covering the fields and forests of Finland.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 108 FirstFirst ... 19 44 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 94 ... LastLast