+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rising Nations — Suggestions

European Confederal President Convictolitavis's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

@Macknull: You are right, calvinists and lutherans should be able to convert without bordering. I'll see if the next version contains more for religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Convictolitavis
    @Macknull: You are right, calvinists and lutherans should be able to convert without bordering. I'll see if the next version contains more for religions.
    IMHO a country should be able to switch between heretic religions (religions within the r. group eg. Calvinist to Catholic to Orthodox etc.) and from Religious Tolerancy to any religion but should border a heathen in order to convert to his religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Convictolitavis View Post
    @Takeo: Look into the folder "optional" and you see that there is a guide how to bring the old map graphics back. But if you have just white stuff at your map it could be because you haven't switched off the trees in your graphic options of the game.

I have no skills to make new unit sprites. And it is impossible to create something like a rocket system.

there is written :

3)Bringing the old map graphics back:
    - Go to "gfx": Delete the "FX" folder.
    - Go to "map": Delete the "terrain" folder.
    - Copy the new FX and terrain folder to their correct places.
    - Finished!

BUT, it do not run now, the Water is just a blue wave, there are no old map details.

I got Version 3.1 In Nominee, And Mod Version 1.1

And it would be nice if you can increase some Ministers for some lands, maby Goebbels for Nazi-Germany, a General Iron Hower for the UsA, and maby Rice and some other aktually important persons from today too

Oh my got i got an perfekt idea, maby you can make a map map..i mean a map like the maps in the 17 century (i dont know how it called in english).

Maby you know what i mean, it would be nice if you can switch from an Original Country Map (from the original game) to an Territori map AND to an Landmap in black/white with trees and so on, like the maps in 18.00, that would make feeling.
    Can that run?
    Last edited by Takeo92; 30-09-2009 at 17:43.

Join with Haftetavescrap?

Hey Convictolitavis,

You have a good mod, just missing something that Hafte has in his mods but what he is missing you have.

I like what you have done with the countries, decisions, units, timeline and bookmarks.

Hafte is great with his unique civilization mod, but that mod lacks a challenge once you get off on a good start, but his world war 1 bookmark is perfect. His technologies, trade, events and missions are great.

MM2 is too annoying for my liking but they have a great thing where no matter what countries refuse to make peace!!! Brilliant idea...because as a player I have never signed a peace with the computer on any losing terms.

It would make your world war 2 bookmark more realistic as churchhill had stated he would not accept peace with germany except for the total surrender of the nazi regime....something like that, but countries at the end date should not make a peace on any territorial changes except under extreme conditions.

Do you think it would be possible to form Macedonia? I know historically it hasnt done anyhing big in forever since alexander, but... idk. Ive always wanted to relive an alexander lol. I guess i could do it with greece... but for a big fan, and im sure other people would do it to, can you make macedonia formable? You could do alot, like rebuild the old empire events, but i wouldnt care if it was just a macedonian flag on a copy of greece. Is it too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by R3d F0x View Post
    Do you think it would be possible to form Macedonia? I know historically it hasnt done anyhing big in forever since alexander, but... idk. Ive always wanted to relive an alexander lol. I guess i could do it with greece... but for a big fan, and im sure other people would do it to, can you make macedonia formable? You could do alot, like rebuild the old empire events, but i wouldnt care if it was just a macedonian flag on a copy of greece. Is it too much to ask?
    Just play the modern Macedonia in the Balkans, or, copy one of the unification decisions and make it so that it changes your tag to Macedonia.

Europa Universalis IV

It is technically impossible to combine both mods, even if they look similiar for some parts. So either I had to forget this mod and join the WWM, or Hafte had to do it with his mod. This will not happen.

The other thing is that Hafte's team is against going further than WW1, because balancing and plausibility are very difficult for such a long timeline. What is a World War without planes? How to create supranational institutions like the NATO, UN or EU? How to make the Nazis aggressive enough? I still haven't figured out, how to find a good solution for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Convictolitavis
    How to make the Nazis aggressive enough? I still haven't figured out, how to find a good solution for that.
    Option A: Make historical events for WW2 era (lots of flavor to the mod, lots of work)

Option B: Give germany so many BB points they'll have to be aggressive if they want to live. (least work, worst solution)

Option C: Make their relations with all of their historical targets -200 and with friends (yes, Italy. Well, Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania too...) and give them cassus bellies (sp??) against each other. (the golden middle?)

Option D: One or more of these together.

A nonhistorical suggestion:

What would be great for this mod, is some fantasy scenarios/bookmarks set in the future.

For example you could have a bookmark on 2012 where everything in the Americas is empty and native-less and modern countries can colonize.

Or there could be a scenario in 2013 where the all of Greenland is owned by a country called "Aliens" which has a government type that provides a super tech bonus, manpower increase, morale increase, and has -200 relations with all nations.

Greenland

I'm not sure if this should have been in the wishlist or this thread or what, but...

Greenland shouldn't be part of Denmark. Instead, the island of Greenland should be its own country (called Greenland) which is a vassal of Denmark, starting in 1979 (when Denmark granted home rule). It should have a Greenlandic culture either in the Scandinavian or north American group.

EDIT: Since I'm talking about countries, the Vermont Republic should be added from 1777 to 1791. Maybe the Caliphate should be formable by Muslim nations too.
    Last edited by Xwarq; 18-10-2009 at 10:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Xwarq
    Or there could be a scenario in 2013 where the all of Greenland is owned by a country called "Aliens" which has a government type that provides a super tech bonus, manpower increase, morale increase, and has -200 relations with all nations.
    Simply make them in a religious group nobody else has and give them cores on every nation's capital and vice versa. However, the "Super tech bonus" could only be production and TE increase. They could monopolize their CoT (which would be worth a crapton of money) since nobody would open their markets to them. Also they'd need Uber units. And give them a load of BB to spice things up. That should do the trick.

However I think that they'd best be in Siberia, more specifically the place where that hugeass meteor crashed decades ago.

I don't quite understand your point.

Yes, they westernised through the ages, so in-game you should westernise as soon as possible...

:P
    The Hussite's Way : A FtG Age of Timur Bohemian AAR (abandoned)
    -----
    'Le meilleur soldat n'est pas tant celui qui se bat que celui qui marche.' - Napoléon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by SplitSide View Post
    I don't quite understand your point.

Yes, they westernised through the ages, so in-game you should westernise as soon as possible...

:P
    That's right
    But you don't need to do this anymore, because you start at decent 90%...
    I sag my pants untill my ... shows !

Can I ask you what culture you think is overpowered?
    I played a dozen games in this Mod, and by the time I reach the 1700s Asians, Indians and even some muslim countries are like 10-15 tech levels behind latins and eastern.

Yes the 90% is good, but if you look at Ming China, their religion cuts their incomes greatly so they can't become too strong, too quickly...

What is YOUR solution then?
    The Hussite's Way : A FtG Age of Timur Bohemian AAR (abandoned)
    -----
    'Le meilleur soldat n'est pas tant celui qui se bat que celui qui marche.' - Napoléon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by SplitSide View Post
    Can I ask you what culture you think is overpowered?
    I played a dozen games in this Mod, and by the time I reach the 1700s Asians, Indians and even some muslim countries are like 10-15 tech levels behind latins and eastern.

Yes the 90% is good, but if you look at Ming China, their religion cuts their incomes greatly so they can't become too strong, too quickly...

What is YOUR solution then?
    I don't think it's overpowered
    I think it's unhistorical
    I sag my pants untill my ... shows !

Hi, I've played Rising Nations for the last couple of weeks. I got to 1878. I a bit disappointed about one thing and I cant understand it too.

The European nations immediately colonise South America and Africa and leave North America and Australia last.

The whole of Euroasia and Africa appears sometime in 1450s. Shouldn't this happen about 1550s when the Portuguese discovered India and Indonesia and East Asia.

Burgundy ends up conquering all of nearly all of Italy while Spain has Naples and Sicily and the islands. Also there was a Personal Union between the two gigantic nations of Burgundy and France but luckily Burgundy ended up refusing to unite.

LOVED what you did with China and Timirud Empire. At the start, was a bit worried about China taking provinces in Central Asia but luckily there were rebells that formed nations. Cheers for that.

BTW: I played Muscovy and managed to unite all of Russia and a empire including central asia to the pacific ocean

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Delete
    Last edited by garudamon11; 09-05-2011 at 14:42.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

i like the nonhistorical idea maby more could pop up and what about a simi-historical idea that has the game start like right after the western romean empire fell i had and idea of playing as king Aurthur and his kingdom and expelling the Anglo-saxons and creating a true england not one own by a germain tribe....lol just an idea... cuz with alot of different stories of king aurthur it may be hard but it be cool like missions would be like expellle the germans(anglo-saxons) from england then United england or all of great brition conquer the Normons or who ever own Normonday at the time in the long run since almost every story ties King Aurthur to Roman try and make a New Roman empire but maby have a new name which i cant think of right now
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.”Archbishop Dom Helder Camera Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin_Kelbra View Post
    i like the nonhistorical idea maby more could pop up and what about a simi-historical idea that has the game start like right after the western romean empire fell i had and idea of playing as king Aurthur and his kingdom and expelling the Anglo-saxons and creating a true england not one own by a germain tribe....lol just an idea... cuz with alot of different stories of king aurthur it may be hard but it be cool like missions would be like expellle the germans(anglo-saxons) from england then United england or all of great brition conquer the Normons or who ever own Normonday at the time in the long run since almost every story ties King Aurthur to Roman try and make a New Roman empire but maby have a new name which i cant think of right now
    Try Aetas Tenebraum mod.

Quote Originally Posted by L Lawliet
    Simply make them in a religious group nobody else has and give them cores on every nation's capital and vice versa. However, the "Super tech bonus" could only be production and TE increase. They could monopolize their CoT (which would be worth a crapton of money) since nobody would open their markets to them. Also they'd need Uber units. And give them a load of BB to spice things up. That should do the trick.

However I think that they'd best be in Siberia, more specifically the place where that hugeass meteor crashed decades ago.
    Perhaps the alien nation could have it's capital being in Ice, owning all of Greenland, owning that one Siberian province that sticks out into the PTI, Everest, and maybe Bermuda.

Although I think the empty new world with 2009 nations in the old world would be equally as interesting ahistory.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by R3d F0x View Post
    The thing is that the antique Macedonian culture that was familiar with the Greek culture died completely in the early first century. The later existing Slavo-Macedonian people that live today in the Republic Macedonia are completely different. Forming Macedonia after 1399 and before the 19th century is non-historical, but I make a concession for you. I edited the province Paeonia (the today's republic Macedonia). When you switch the date to the 3.3.1399 you can play Macedonia. It is only available at that day. Replace the old file with the attached one in your province folder of the mod.

Edit: Additionally you need to open the defines.txt in the "common" folder and to make a start date of the 3rd March 1399 possible.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Convictolitavis; 05-11-2009 at 00:29.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast