+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rising Nations — Suggestions

After the World War II bookmark/date to start from, no provinces should be colonies. They should all have at least 1500 population, in order to save them from degrading back into a colony.
    For example, within the first year of "World Today", multiple African nations had died completely because they had been attacked by natives.
    Also, the instant annexation optional addon shouldn't prevent the AI from colonizing. The only thing it should do is allow instant annexation.

Also... Why was the netherlands region reverted back to their vanilla state, yet the denmark region fixed and made much more realistic? Netherlands should be re-fixed.

It would be great if this stuff was added/fixed, making this awesome mod slightly more awesome.
    Last edited by Xwarq; 02-09-2009 at 07:54.

European Confederal President Convictolitavis's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I know that many provinces have to get fixed. But they are quite a lot.

Instant annexation can not get divided from no-colonising. It is hard-coded. I would have done it, if it would be possible. So I would switch instant annexation on after all provinces had been colonised.

The Netherlands egion had not been "converted back". It had been like this from the beginning. I was allowed to use a very early beta-map of the WWM and from that I made own corrections. And the Netherlands will definitely get corrections in the future like I have done it with Prussia for example. But I will not adopt anything from the WWM for this.

Corporal
    EU3 Complete

Please, no colonies in Africa I played in 2009, and Guinea was torn in half by native revolts. Senegal lost 1/2 their territory!
    Other thank that, love the mod.

Also, after the first World War Two bookmark, Japan should be in the Latin tech group.

Fix the yearly income calculator please. it is a minor thing but a very useful one

Ok i love rising nations now and good job and i thought that it would be cool if you could make it so that the game goes farther back in time to like Anceint Egyptians. I dont know if that is possible or not but just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipawa12 View Post
    Ok i love rising nations now and good job and i thought that it would be cool if you could make it so that the game goes farther back in time to like Anceint Egyptians. I dont know if that is possible or not but just a suggestion.
    That's a crazy amount of work.

Japan

I was wondering if this mod does anything regarding Japan. I really like what MM did in adding a detailed Sengoku Jidai for Japan, but due to one ridiculous event it's just way more difficult than I'm game for.

Does RN do anything special with Japan, or is it just like vanilla?

Nothing that extensive for sure. It's always unified. Of course it extends its history.

Europa Universalis IV

The mod has actually its main focus at the modern age. So there is no correction of the japanese medieval history until now. But if I'll have the time some day, I'll do that too.

Well if its possible i am not a modder or anything but if i someone taught me i could help

Europa Universalis IV

Expanding the time frame is really too much work. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Convictolitavis View Post
    Expanding the time frame is really too much work. Sorry.
    I'm not too familiar with modding, but I understand that backward extending is more difficult, yes? Because you would need to push e.g. the technologies forward. Basically, starting from scratch again.

Europa Universalis IV

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    I'm not too familiar with modding, but I understand that backward extending is more difficult, yes? Because you would need to push e.g. the technologies forward. Basically, starting from scratch again.
    That would be one thing. The other and most time consuming is to add the history for every country and to add new countries/provinces. Just 50 years are very much work. So going back to the ancient Egyptians is nearly impossible. It is another thing to create a completely different mod that plays in that age.

Just tossing some more ideas around for WW2.

Peace treaty decisions?
    Having Peace with poland decision
    - if you've occupied all of poland and you're nazi germany you can enact it.
    - you get all of the pre-ww1 German Empire's provinces as cores
    - you get Poland as a vassal and it's ruler is the Generalgovernment

Peace with france
    - If you've occupied continental france and you are Nazi Germany you can enact it
    - You get the beach provinces of France with minimum RR (nationalism) reduced to 2% (or something)
    - Vichy france is released as your vassal (or france becomes your vassal)

Peace with Yugoslavia
    - You can enact it if you've occupied Yu. and you're Nazi Germany
    - Yugoslavia disintegrates to form a variety of puppets of yours

Some others for: Surrender of Germany (as the SU, GB, FR etc.), reuniting of the two Germanies, etc.

And so on. These should be only visible if a certain set of conditions is fulfilled (IE you're the Nazis, you're at war with Poland, France and GB, etc.) so that the interface isn't overrun with those pesky decisions.

Tech groups force-ballanced!!

The new tech-group ballance (latin = 100%, eastern = 100%, muslim = 90%, indian = 90%, chinese = 90%, african = 50%, new world = 50%) is not very cool, I think. The reason why most of the countries are pretty much same with tech is because they WESTERNISED throught the ages.
    I sag my pants untill my ... shows !

My Which

Hi, ok i´ve got some problems, that let me confront with the game.

1: The Country Detail with the modifikation, i want the old style back, because if i play with the mod there is a pretty shit grafik on the landscape, i hate the new style =( and everytime playing on the diplomacy or territorial map doesnt make fun...

2: New Units and Unit Styles for the World War I, World war II, Cold War part 1, Cold war Part 2 and The Time now.

I think there must be a new building for Rockets that you can shoot on citys, planes (you can call it planes and just make infanterie with a very quik speed range and the ability to go over see),that can´t attack citys and so on ^^^it would be so nice that i would pay 5 euros for it.
    Maby you can make a addon of your mod? maby paradox got interests^^

SO i try to say it on german, maby someone from you speak it because i think my english is so bad that you doesnt understand much

Also mein Problem ist das ich überhauptnicht mit der neuen landschaftskarte klarkomme, die überarbeitete Territorienkarte ist zwar top, nur ich mag das addon eigentl immoment nicht spielen weil es wie gesagt sehr hässlich auf zeit ist, da ich auch gerne bei musik die schöne athmosphäre geniesse, was nun nichtmehr geht =( wäre schön wenn ihr das so ändern könntet das man wenn man die landschaftskarte wählt das gaanz normal hat, wie vor dem addon..das wär top
    würd mich sehr freuen. Oder neben der mod 1.1 noch eine mod rausbringen wo der überarbeitete kartenstyle nicht drin ist

Guten label, Takeo.... I notice you mention your english is bad. I'm Australian so I can speak English.

You only made one mistake, you typed maby many times. That is your only mistake, the right spelling is maybe. You also have the understanding that maybe means the german vieleict that is correct. Also I can easly understand what you said without looking twice or didn't have to re-reading it.

Nul Sorgen !!!

Yep, i speak German, I can also speak French, Bonjour Monsieur and Italian as well. However I know less Italian then German and French is my more fluent second language as you can see the mistakes i make with German.

Freilos - Ciao -Au revoir

Europa Universalis IV

@Takeo: Look into the folder "optional" and you see that there is a guide how to bring the old map graphics back. But if you have just white stuff at your map it could be because you haven't switched off the trees in your graphic options of the game.

I have no skills to make new unit sprites. And it is impossible to create something like a rocket system.

I have a question instead
    How the hell can country convert to protestant/calvinic, when the decision requires a protestant/calvinic country to border it?! I understand this can be done by collapsing to rebels, but hell, I'd like to get the old-fashioned convert back (for protestant/calvinic only, other religions are quite ok with me...)
    EDIT: By old-fashioned I mean that there should be no such requirement as to border with a heretic country, it should be free to convert calvinic-protestant-christian only for the -5 stab
    I sag my pants untill my ... shows !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast