+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rising Nations — Help and Bug Reports

Can't Colonize?

I'm playing as japan in 1430, and I get the mission, "Colonize the islands to the north". I try to a send a colonist, but it says it's too far from my nearest core port. Which is funny since I have a core on Ezochi which is within hopping distance from the place I'm trying to colonize. I looked around and there isn't one island in the pacific that isn't "too far".

Is Japan just coded to not be able to colonize? Or is this a bug, and if so how do I fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xwarq View Post
    Map cache.
    To elaborate on this correct but utterly useless post:
    Delete all files in map\cache in the rising nations mod (also the main folder? somebody clarify this), this will be correctly reconstructed. This way the correct colonizing distances will be calculated.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome: Vae Victis

not sure if this has been said about before but i just installed the mod and when i boot it up all the flags of nations and troops and such are all black looks like the troops are censored

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MataNiall View Post
    not sure if this has been said about before but i just installed the mod and when i boot it up all the flags of nations and troops and such are all black looks like the troops are censored
    What version of the game are you running? What version of the mod are you running?
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome: Vae Victis

3.2 and 1.1 i seemed to have solved it by reinstalling RN

Private
    EU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by jconwayusa View Post
    I'm playing as japan in 1430, and I get the mission, "Colonize the islands to the north". I try to a send a colonist, but it says it's too far from my nearest core port. Which is funny since I have a core on Ezochi which is within hopping distance from the place I'm trying to colonize. I looked around and there isn't one island in the pacific that isn't "too far".

Is Japan just coded to not be able to colonize? Or is this a bug, and if so how do I fix it?
    I have the same problem playing as Ming China. Taiwan seems much to far away from me to colonize...
    @Romtos: thx for the tip, I'll try that!

Please help me!!!! RR crashes!!!

Hi, I have a problem with the Mod - Rising Nations 1.1. (Installed on In Nomine 3.1). Now I'm playing with Angola and I'm trying to conquer Africa, but on the November 30th 2086 the game crashes. Everytime!!! I don't know why, I re-installed all but nothing changed. A Windows pop-up tell me that the error is on eu3game.exe - Offset: 0067109e . What does it means???

Please help me!!!

Thank you very much!

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    To me this sounds like a corrupt save, but I don't know.

You need to register you game and either post this in the RN bug thread or the tech support thread that will appear after you register your game.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

There are a number of reasons that this could be happening. I suggest you register your game and post this in the proper forum however.

With a much older version (around 0.6 I believe) I had a crash around 2100 (started in 2008 or 2009) with the Netherlands, starting in modern time. Similarly, I let a test run for New Zealand, which also crash around 2120 or something. I suspect that nations are reaching the maximum tech around that point, if you start at the current date.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

error , please help

when i open the game in the loading screen the game gets stuck and says that 1745 aland something cannot be opened , any help appreciated

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by garudamon11; 24-10-2009 at 17:14.

First of all, I don't see the error message because your image is small.

From the look of it, it is missing a file, maybe a province one?

Second, have you tried backing up your saves and re-installing the mod?

BTW, are you using RN 1.1 or an older version?
    The Hussite's Way : A FtG Age of Timur Bohemian AAR (abandoned)
    -----
    'Le meilleur soldat n'est pas tant celui qui se bat que celui qui marche.' - Napoléon Bonaparte

SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

yes , its a missing province file , i opened it and there was nothing inside it and i cant edit it for some reason

try re-installing the mod? :P

I have 1.1 installed and never experienced a missing file
    The Hussite's Way : A FtG Age of Timur Bohemian AAR (abandoned)
    -----
    'Le meilleur soldat n'est pas tant celui qui se bat que celui qui marche.' - Napoléon Bonaparte

i reinstalled , doesnt work

European Confederal President Convictolitavis's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by garudamon11 View Post
    when i open the game in the loading screen the game gets stuck and says that 1745 aland something cannot be opened , any help appreciated

[IMG][/IMG]
    Rename the 'Å' of the file name into 'A'. Yor computer can't read it. There could be other provinces with the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Convictolitavis View Post
    Rename the 'Å' of the file name into 'A'. Yor computer can't read it. There could be other provinces with the same problem.
    it worked , thanks

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Colonial Uprising?

I have a question about the colonies. Around 1750 you start to get colonial uprisings in America. I am now in 1781 and see this doesn't happen in Greenland, Africa and other oversee territories. I know this areas were decolonized later, so my question is if this is programmed for a later area or do they stay colonies for ever?

greetings

European Confederal President Convictolitavis's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    I have a question about the colonies. Around 1750 you start to get colonial uprisings in America. I am now in 1781 and see this doesn't happen in Greenland, Africa and other oversee territories. I know this areas were decolonized later, so my question is if this is programmed for a later area or do they stay colonies for ever?

greetings
    This is simply because there aren't any colonial uprising events for the many new countries of colonial background until now. It's many work. But I'll try to put in new ones in the next version. (Actually there are two people working on this mod. It would be nice, if someone could get found to work on this.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast