+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rising Nations — Help and Bug Reports

European Confederal President Convictolitavis's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Rising Nations — Help and Bug Reports

This thread gathers all the bug reports and help requests that were brought up in the old "Rising Nations" sub forum. A country's incomplete history is not a bug. I would like you to tell me things like displaced map positions, wrong core provinces, crashes by clicking at certain things and so on.

Help Section — The Rising Nations

Technical Problems:

I have problems to unpack the rar-file, in which the RN mod is compressed. I run Windows Vista.
    A: Try to unpack the rar-file at your desktop and to move the unpacked files after it to the mod folder. Vista often makes trouble by unpacking in sub-folders like those of Paradox, because of stupid security reasons. Often it thinks that you are no administrator.

I don't like the new map graphics. And they slow my computer too much. I want the standard ones back.
    A: Go to the folder "gfx" of the RN mod. Delete the "FX" folder in it. Then go to the "map" folder and delete the "terrain" folder in it. Go now to "RN - OPTIONAL STUFF" and its sub-folder "3 - OLD MAP GRAPHICS". Copy the new FX and terrain folder in it to their correct places.

I have updated my game to 4.1b. This mod is made for 4.0 . Is that a problem?
    There should be major bugs if you play with 4.1b. It will not be possible.

My game is freezing when I load saved games. What can I do?
    Read a possible solution here.

Gameplay Problems:

Q: In my current game, no AI country is colonising.
    A: A side effect of instant annexation. Switch it off and they will colonise. I recommend to switch it on, when the world is colonised completely. This effect is unmeant but hard-coded. This and how to switch instant annexation on and off is written in the info file "INFO - How to..." in the folder "RN - OPTIONAL STUFF".

Q: For some provinces the game says they have a very high distance and so my colonists and units take very long time to get to them. Other provinces have technically that high distance, although they are next to my core provinces, that I can't colonise them.
    A: For the last new mod version the provinces had been edited. Sometimes the game creates chaos at the distances of the game. The solution is to go to the RN mod folder -> map -> cache and then to delete all files in it. By the next start of the mod, the game creates them new automatically with correct distances. If the problem still exists, do it additionally to the cache folder of the original game.

Q: During the game I recognised that some countries have no colonial uprising event like Mexico. Why?
    A: The modders had no time to create them. Please recognise that there are a lot of new countries and most of them need those uprising events. We try to add more in the future versions.

Mod Content:

Does the mod correct and extend medieval history?
    A: The main focus of the mod lies at the modern era (after NA). But there are still some innovations for the earlier ages if we look at the German provinces and countries for example. Future versions will also include new stuff and corrections for that era.

International Organisations and Alliances: the European Union

International Organisations and Alliances: the Warsaw Pact

Mod Developing:

Q: Why are there two mods - WWM and RN - that both extend the history after NA? Why didn't they join each other already?
    A: RN had been developed by me since NA was released by Paradox. After IN I had to redo some things. So RN got releases after Paradox had presented its today's three game parts. At that time the RN mod and WWM were technically different. To bring them onto a common ground would have been very hard. But then the developers of both mods additionally recognised, that they also had different ideas for their mods. So both stayed independent. WWM for example decided not to go far than World War I, because the role of airoplanes and other modern technologies would be too big to make a historic balancing possible. A second problem is the including of organisations like the UN, NATO or EU. I decided with the RN mod to try a semi-historical approach to what is technically possible. The rest is just gaming fun, putting aside the fact that EUIII was never a real historic-plausible simulation. It stays just a game.

Q: When will the next mod version get released?
    A: The next version gets released, when enough new stuff has been added. The more people are working on the mod, the earlier a new version gets released. Actually SplitSide and me are the only modders and we are both people whose real life takes much time. So there is no definite release date.

Q: How can I support the mod, without becoming a steady modder?

A: Just posting dynasties for countries that actually have none is very helpful. Also creating colonial uprising events for the numerous new countries would be great. Or just reporting bugs in the Bug Report thread or to utter a specific wish for the next mod versions in the Wish List helps us.

Q: Which languages does the mod support?
    A: German and English. - The languages of my skill. Everyone is welcomed to add other languages to the localisation files.

Other:

Q: How can I share my mod experiences with others?
    A: You could show others your incredible empires by posting and discussing it in the thread "Post your RN empire!". You could write an AAR (After Action Report) with for example one of the new countries, RN provides. Or you could play with others in a multiplayer game.
    Last edited by silktrader; 03-06-2013 at 11:56.

I downloaded version 1.0 and tried it again, this time as Great Britain. I hadn't even passed the first day, and I crashed as I selected a province in Southern Africa owned by Portugal.

And I'm using IN 3.2b for the record.

/Teutonic

already posted it in your main page but i'll post it here as well. im playing as france and the sea supply distance's and the colonization distance numbers are way off. when panama is 98 away from me and its neighboring province is over 1500 away from me and the azores which should be much much closer is 405 away from me.

Private
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossSemper Fi
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think at this file is a misstake.

\decisions\imperialgermannation.txt

country_decisions = {

imperialgerman_nation = {
    potential = {
    NOT = { exists = GEE }
    NOT = { tag = AHU }
    NOT = { tag = EUU }
    NOT = { tag = EUR }

change_tag = GER
    GER = { capital = 2019 }
    GER = {
    german_region = {
    add_core = GER
    base_tax = 1
    }
    change_tag would be the same that in file:

\decisions\germannation.txt
    country_decisions = {

german_nation = {
    potential = {
    NOT = { tag = EUU }
    NOT = { tag = EUR }
    NOT = { exists = GER }
    NOT = { tag = AHU }

change_tag = GER
    GER = { capital = 2019 }
    GER = {
    german_region = {
    add_core = GER
    base_tax = 1
    }
    I think that must change at \decisions\imperialgermannation.txt
    change_tag = GEE
    GEE = { capital = 2019 }
    GEE = {
    german_region = {
    add_core = GEE
    base_tax = 1

Europa Universalis IV

Download of version 1.0 (hosted by File-Upload)(32,4 MB):
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-...S-1.0.rar.html

->Just press "Download" to dowload the file. You may have to close a popup.
    ->Unpack the downloaded rar-file with WinRAR, UltimateZip or similiar into your mod folder.
    ->Read, what I have written here under "Attention" (scroll down).
    A bugfix to form the Imperial Germany correctly:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4&d=1246894502
    You are right. But I had made a fix for it already. It had been recognised too late to become part of 1.0 .
    Last edited by Convictolitavis; 25-07-2009 at 20:45.

Version 0.9

I am Byzantium and having war with Revolutionary France. When the warscore is more than 40%-50% I get nochoice event like "Monarchy in France returns" with 6 stability and 200 prestige bonus for me. However, right after this event game craches if I click anything on the screen.
    Summa Aequitas

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darken24 View Post
    already posted it in your main page but i'll post it here as well. im playing as france and the sea supply distance's and the colonization distance numbers are way off. when panama is 98 away from me and its neighboring province is over 1500 away from me and the azores which should be much much closer is 405 away from me.
    Clear out your map cache.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    Clear out your map cache.
    just delete all the files in there?
    won't i need them?

Europa Universalis IV

just delete all the files in there?
    won't i need them?
    The game creates them new. The next start will need longer to create the paths again. After that those bugs should be deleted.

Private
    EU3 Complete

This mod looked great to me so I downloaded and tried it.

I have IN 3.2 installed.

Started a game as USA in late 1800s (when they were about fully formed) and not much later colonial patriots, australian patriats, canadian patriots started showing up in all the right places. But weirdly all the provincies they took defected to me...

Also after playing for about 20 years and attacking Mexico the game started crashing every few months.

And a final note (minor one) I converted USA to a monarchy and then got the mission to improve relations with France because they converted to a republic just like me...?

Europa Universalis IV

I know I have written before that it should work with 3.2 too. But some 3.2-players reported crashes where 3.1-players had none. So I guess, it is not fully compatible.

Or is there a 3.2-player with RN1.0 who had no problems/crashes until now?

(attached is the bugfix to form the German Empire)
    Last edited by Convictolitavis; 21-09-2009 at 16:19.

ok tried clearing map cache. it didn't work. i also just noticed that the provinces its using to send the colonies out with aren't the closest province ie to colonize the azores its using the belareas (island that aragorn starts with in the med) instead of one of the protugese provinces

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    ok tried clearing map cache. it didn't work. i also just noticed that the provinces its using to send the colonies out with aren't the closest province ie to colonize the azores its using the belareas (island that aragorn starts with in the med) instead of one of the protugese provinces
    Look in the mod folder to see if it has it own map cache. If it does, delete that one as well as the normal one, then restart the game again. The problem really sounds like a map cache problem.

However, if that doesn't work, I've got no idea what is going on.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

thanks needed to delete the base games map cache as well as the mods'

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    thanks needed to delete the base games map cache as well as the mods'

Usually, you only need to delete the game base's map cache.

Private
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossSemper Fi
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Change to Republik China don't work.

-
    Game Version: IN 3.2b
    -
    I play with Ming China and Mandshu-China and the change to Republik China (CHN) don't work!
    File: \decisions\chinesenation2.txt

I not find the misstake at the File, but I write it new and than works.

The File for Communist China locks wrong too, but I don't test it.
    File: \decisions\chinesenation3.txt
    ---------

To Crashes with IN 3.2
    -
    I have only a Crash at one point.
    I will move a Army for an Attack from Mecklenburg over Lübeck to Holstein, than the game froze and crash.
    After Annextion of Holstein (by moving from Lauenburg), I can move form Lübeck to Holstein without crash.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

-In the Anglo-Saxon culture group, the culture of Jamaica is "Jamicanian," not "Jamican."

-The Hindu religion's adjective is "Hinduist," not just "Hindu."

I think the "Cultural Assimilation" event fires to often. I had it fire 6 times with 2 years. This probably isn't the mod, though.
    Being more vital than vitality itself...

Europa Universalis IV

I have to mention that the decision for unifying the Holy Roman Empire as a nation is buggy in 1.0.

In 1.1 it will be fixed.

I fixed the chinese bugs and the Holstein bug too.
    Last edited by Convictolitavis; 31-08-2009 at 23:08.

Starting at the "World Today" bookmark, within one to two years, at least three African nations died completely because they are colonies and are overwhelmed by natives. This needs to be fixed. In addition, The USA starts with some western provinces as colonies.

When you start as Timurids in 1399-1405 (I guess) the Timurid Empire is at war with the Jalayrids. The thing is, the Jalayrids don't exist in RN, they've been removed, so you're completely blocked from reforming the government since you can't peace out and you're basically doomed to die a horrible death.
    Also the East Roman Empire's missions need to be adjusted to new provinces (conquer south Italy, Greece, Asia Minor etc.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast