• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You have experience with what's on that flyer, comagoosie? :) I't hilarious, as is the t-shirt. I just hope you can keep up the wittiness you're spreading around now until the end of the AAR.

I would really like one of those t-shirts, it looks great ;) hehe

Seems the Swiss economy are doing better and better, and now that it seems like you have managed to grow money I am sure the amount of money in your coffins will just grow and grow until you own the entire world…

Very "swiss"-cheesy.....THANK YOU!!!!

btw, where can I get Heidi's #? I have money from my uncle Bernie Madoff's private account that he gave me to "save" for him until he gets out;)

Enewald: The Swiss have found the true meaning of life. Keeping population growth to a minimun while having their pocket books grow exponentially. Hmm...the art of Money making sounds like a definite topic for a future update :cool:

Kurt_Steiner: Don't worry, there will be some action in the next udpate! Don't worry, I can see the future.

demokratickid: Yeah, I should totally send the design in to some company and have them make one for me :D

canonized: To make money, I have a little recipe: 1 cup of merchants, 2 cups of Heidi, and 3 cups of Swiss Cheese.

phargle: I was thinking of you when I chose that picture. You and me must think alike...

Qorten: Couple good points. No, I am like the exact opposite of the poster. When I am with a girl, I normally am the one to pay ;)
Also (hopefully) my wittiness won't dry up as this AAR will be short (I'm aiming for 15 updates) If this gets boring, just let me know :D

Lord E: You like the t-shirt too? Man, I should honestly look into putting that baby into production. And don't worry, I am not doing a world conquer, as you can see by the first 40 years :p

Montague: You're going to need to specify which Heidi. On each Heidi's bum is stamped a number, to keep track of them all. Tell which number and I'll tell you her number ;)
Heidi's # #? :D

Update today! As soon as I become unaddicted to EB 1.2

shieldd.png

Chapter 4

1440 – 1450: Or how the Swiss learned that everything isn’t money.

At the beginning of 1440, the Swiss had a nice healthy treasury of 310.179 ducats (The 9 is added and not rounded up as they saw a future for gas stations). Anyways, the Swiss had been sitting on their fat money bums eating the power of cheese for the last 30 years. While this gained them money (and pounds), it gained them nothing else and the Swiss were content. They thought that no one would literally want mountains of cash, so they took another bite of cheese and started to yodel for their Heidi. A picture a Swiss mother took of her disturbed son (behind goat).

yodel.png

This was happening all over the country and no one cared…except one guy, but he was ignored. His name was Heidi Undress. He was, in fact, a guy, little did his parents know until the 7th grade when he confessed he liked a girl. (His name may be why no one listened to him). Nevertheless he was a Swiss diplomat and he was tired of seeing all the Swiss being lazy, so he came up with a plan. The plan stated that the next country to be weakened in a war that was nearby Switzerland, Heidi would declare war on that country. Well eight years went by with nothing happening, and Heidi didn’t want another decade of Swiss laziness so he made a desperate decision. Milan appeared to be in the weakest with an army of 3,000 compared to the humungous 4,000 elite moneymaking Swiss. Heidi then quietly declared war and convinced the rulers to march the army into Milan. Taken by surprise, the Swiss army marched off in a cheese stupor.

Alongside the Swiss, randomly came Ansbach and Mantua, apparently they didn’t like the Milanese. It didn’t matter to the Swiss as they were all BOB’s (Born Oftentimes/Overly Broke). Not like it mattered having an extra 3,000 to combat the Milanese. After the Swiss army finally left the mountains for the first time, they encountered their first battle ever versus the Milanese at Parma. The battle would be epic with both sides fielding 1,000 men. However, the weather was terrible so the cheese started to grow mold, and 125 men were killed. The battle ended up being cancelled, and the Swiss declared they were winner as they had made the cheese.

14401450b1.jpg

moldycheese.jpg

Oh the humanity!​

The Swiss were so proud of their ‘victory’ that decided to take classes in womanizing offered by Milanese soldiers, as their Heidi’s had sent them to war with one order, to bring her back some souvenirs. Other countries joked that the Swiss Army motto should be, “Money before Heidi, Heidi before Country, and Country before nothing.” This ‘break in the action’ allowed for thousands upon thousands of Milanese men to be raised to combat the invading Swiss, Ansbachs, and Mantuan. If only the Swiss had been more observant while they were looking some place else. After two months of womanizing the Swiss were cut like a hot knife through cheese.

14401450b2.jpg

I think it is time to leave now​

Never before had a Swissman run so fast with delicate cheese and money in hand. They sprinted towards the safety of their money back home. In order to please Milanese army and to get more time to prepare, the Swiss sacrificed Ansbach’s and Mantua’s army, letting Milan have their way with them. The Swiss would use every minute given to them by the sacrifice in order to build up a money wall. It took months of hard money laboring but by the end they had their “Moneynot Line” stretching the entire Switzerland and Milan border.

moneywall.png

As viewed from space.

moneywall.jpg

As viewed from 10 inches.​

There was one slight downside to such a defensive posture. The only way that the Moneynot Line was able to be completed was with the time the Milanese spent besieging the capital of Mantua. So when one wall went up, another wall went down and the Mantuan’s were annexed. Ansbach wisely retreated leaving the Swiss alone to face 14,000 men. Too bad the Swiss were ignorant enough to show their Heidi’s the womanizing skill that the Italians had taught them. They would be shaking in their money boots if they knew how large an army sat outside their money wall.

b12b.jpg

Money boots​

Amazingly, once the Milanese saw the Swiss feat they promptly left. No sense in messing with “God’s Money”. Diplomat Heidi was the only one who breathed a sigh of relief, as everyone else, seemingly, was busy.

Mmmh... with all that money, perhaps you should buy a mercenary army.

Or cover the world with money and cheese.

So far you keep up the wittiness (spelling? Is it even a real english word?). The goat looks funny, only, I did not recognize it as a goat until I read it was. I'm taking care of a dwarf rabbit of a family member who's on holiday and it resembles the plushy animal on the picture more then a usual live goat.

In other news: the cheese stinks.

Kurt_Steiner: Well we'll just say it was a fluke war. I wasn't sure what I was thinking at the time period. :p

Qorten: Thanks. Yeah, and when searching for 'goats' on google, I didn't think it was a goat at first too :p
is the rabbit you are babysitting look like this?
IMG_8892.jpg

Enewald: Nah the war was pretty quick with me getting the short end of the staff, and yes I did sacrifice the Mantuan to the Milanese gods :p

It's white with a black stripe on his back. I'll take a picture and edit it in this post.

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Last edited:
Blessed are the cheesemakers, they shall inhibit their girth.

More, please.

It's white with a black stripe on his back. I'll take a picture and edit it in this post.
Some how to me, I personify it as a grumpy old man, who sits on the porch and yells at kids who get in his yard. Maybe its the wicked hair, or that 'eye' he is giving the camera. And it doesn't look that small, slightly bigger than what I thought is a 'dwarf' rabbit. I have a couple of guinea pigs, and they can be really loud. Does the rabbit make noise when it's hungry or such?

Davout: More cheese is on the way sir :cool:

comagoosie said:
(The 9 is added and not rounded up as they saw a future for gas stations).

ROFL ROFL right off the bat that made me die laughing ! XD XD

Unexpected defeat there ! I was surprised you only threw a thousand men at them XD haha

Some how to me, I personify it as a grumpy old man, who sits on the porch and yells at kids who get in his yard. Maybe its the wicked hair, or that 'eye' he is giving the camera. And it doesn't look that small, slightly bigger than what I thought is a 'dwarf' rabbit. I have a couple of guinea pigs, and they can be really loud. Does the rabbit make noise when it's hungry or such?

I really have no idea how old the rabbit is. I should ask my godfather when he returns.

It doesn't make noise himself, but his nails are really long, I actually have no idea whether they are supposed to be that long (I know next to nothing about rabbits or anything related) and they can make quite some noise, as well as rattling the straw in his pen.

canonized: It's complicated, they're swiss after all. I was going for a sweeping victory, such that I sieging four of their cities at once...not a good idea :p

robou: Pratice makes perfect ;)

Qorten: So the only thing about rabbits that you do know is how to feed them and clean out their cage? :D
Nah, I kid, I wish you best of luck with your responsibility.

Update in a bit.

shieldd.png

Part 1 In Review

The Swiss are stuck between a rock and hard cheese at this point. The first fifty years had them become the world’s richest and technologically advanced country, but other than that not much was achieved. In fifty years there were only three wars and the Swiss lost about 5,000 men total (and those 5,000 men died in the last two years of this part). Basically the world thinks Switzerland as its ultra secure bank, as nothing has happened to it for 50 years, and the Swiss like it. Their treasury has grown accordingly.

155011stats1550countrie.png

Then one day in 1440, someone had a good idea. It isn’t known who had it, just that someone…somewhere…onetime had an idea for how the Swiss to better manage their Economy. The idea went something like this, “Let’s reduce our inflation.” Now the Swiss didn’t have an inflation problem as they had so much money they didn’t need to mint money, but they some inflation from the beginning of the century and the person that had the idea was obviously paranoid about inflation. So he convinced the government to erect a ‘National Bank’ to counter the ‘inflation’. Once it was built (in front of the famous leaning tower of cheese) the inflation went away after 1-2 months and Swiss were basically getting free money from now on.

cheesebank.jpg

1400-1410
In the early days of Swiss moneymaking…the Swiss weren’t making any money. The earliest leaders saw this and so spent all their money sending their young strapping men out of the country, away from their Heidi’s, and with the objective of selling the cheese that was in their pockets. They were remarkably successful, especially with the Pope. Soon the Swiss were at the top of income charts, soaking up all the cash that people threw at them. The biggest ally the Swiss had were the English, and they got themselves tangled up in a few Irish wars, but once the Big Bad France reared its ugly head, the Swiss quickly backed down, letting the English lose. What followed for the Swiss is an era of nothingness.

1410-1420:
This decade is the start of the nothingness. All that is learned is basically that the French hate the English and love their wine, more so than the Burgundians.

1420-1440:
This chapter, also known as, Money, Money, Money depicts how the Swiss spend their money. They spend it on technology, flyers, scientists, money hatching eggs, T-shirts, and seemingly everything other than women. The last thing you will find a male spending money on (voluntarily) is a woman. There’s a saying, “The only thing cheaper than a Swiss is a dollar store.

1440-1450: Finally, something happens! Actually not really. The Swiss thought they saw a grand opportunity to exploit their weak neighbor of Milan, but it was really just an illusion. After winning the first battle, the Swiss settled into a siege and started to learn how to womanize. Unfortunately, that wasn’t a good use of their time, as the Milanese were building up their forces. After two months of taking ‘lessons’ the Milanese had an army of around 15k compared to 4k of the Swiss. After becoming decimated, the Swiss retreated into the mountains and used the time that their allies had given them to prepare a wall, the “Moneynot Line”. After seeing “God’s creation”, the Milanese left without taking anything. The Swiss were lucky.

1450.png

This is the sliver of the world as of 1450.

End of Part I of III

Quite powerful Sweden up north. Hungary hasn't been eaten yet, which usually happens in my games. Bohemia, Poland and sometimes Austria make a sport of it.

Are there no sports invented in Switzerland? Like Cheese Eating? You could easily organize a Tour de Cheese in Switzerland, isn't it, with all that cheese.