Closed Thread

Thread: US Flag is displayed incorrectly

US Flag is displayed incorrectly

Unsure how to get this to the developers but...

The US flag is incorrect in HOI 2, 3 and if memory serves HOI 1.
    For the purposes of how the flag is used in this game, the union (blue background, 50 stars) would always be displayed in the upper left quadrant...In HOI, when the flag is shown vertically, its reversed and the union is on the top right. Can we get this corrected?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ve...tates_Flag.svg

Cant wait for the game! Any idea if a MAC OS version is coming out?

Bad news dude, all flags are basically f*cked up in HoI3...gotta live with it.

Philosopher of the Future Alexander Seil's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae Victis

Seriously people, out of all the mistakes that could be in the game, you think this is the one worth registering for on the forum to report?

At least it's not the flag of Communist Romania in 1936. Which was fixed, by the way. But I doubt this will be - it's a matter of interpretation. The flag could be hung either way physically.

Lt. General
    EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

The Union isn't always on the left.
    For example if it's put on your right sleave of the uniform, it has to point towars your heart, so it will be pointing right.
    ¡Ay, caramba!
    I'm going down to the Great river of Mississippi!!!!!

Philosopher of the Future Alexander Seil's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae Victis

Ironically, PIT_AMERO, isn't your flag the default one from HoI2? Seems correct to me.

Talking about a company that released HoI 1 with the Italian flag reversed despite being told that it was wrong during development.

Although I thought there was a flag thread talking about things being corrected this go round?
    Believe, Ob-hey give me back my Kinder Sorpresa! Fight!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Personally, I'd be more concerned about whether it has the right number of stars for the year, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amallric View Post
    Don't mention it. You get a infraction like I did.

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Amallric View Post
    And you base this on what...?

(I haven't been following flags lately, too many other interesting parts in screenshots)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What does he mean all flags are mucked up for HoI3?
    Revanche, A French AAR of The Great War (1914-1919) (Finished, Weekly AAR Showcase, 9th Jan '06)

President Petrov Basil Ivanovich of Kraszakistan (KLD)

What if Germany had won the Great War? Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    What does he mean all flags are mucked up for HoI3?
    Earlier some flags were actually squares when shown in various screenshots. Not sure if this was corrected though. Johan at least noted the problem's existence.

The US is one of the main players in this scenario, surely requesting having the flag displayed correctly isn't that far out of line...but in terms of importance, I VERY MUCH agree, i would rather have v1.0 not crash than the flag be correct ...this is just a small bug that has bothered me over the years and i am surprised it has never been corrected.

And its not a matter of perspective, if you display it vertically, its in the upper left. The previous comment about where you wear the flag or if it is on a vehicle is correct, and that's why i stated "for the purposes of how the flag is used in the game" besides which i think you are talking about the position when the flag is horizontal. Google if you don't believe me although granted, i assume that for those involved in the beta, there are far more pressing matters...

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Seriously guys...... aren't all flags in this turned a quarter clockwise, why need an exception for the US flag.
    -UNKNOWN STRING WANTED-

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-jo View Post
    Seriously guys...... aren't all flags in this turned a quarter clockwise, why need an exception for the US flag.
    Flag etiquette - that's technically how a US flag should be hung when vertical - with the canton on the left and not the right. Similarly the Union flag of the UK can technically be upside down as the cross of St. Patrick is off-centre. So yes, it's just a technicality that some people will want to be dealt with properly.
    Revanche, A French AAR of The Great War (1914-1919) (Finished, Weekly AAR Showcase, 9th Jan '06)

President Petrov Basil Ivanovich of Kraszakistan (KLD)

What if Germany had won the Great War? Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Johan's Home Account Paradox Dev Team Balor's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

all flags in our game are just rotated 90 degrees. no exceptions will be made.

Closed Thread