• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You welcome, I think ;)
I can't of course say anything surely but I have always imagined that we can create on Theatre for anything we want to.
As Germany
One for Poland
One for Fall Gelb
One for Seelöwe
One for Mediterranian
One for Africa
Three for Barbarossa and one more to Finland
Et cetera.

Actually you probably only want one Theatre HQ facing the SU. Otherwise the AI would not be able to balance the front, respond to enemy troop movements and use reserves properly. The 'Nord' 'Mitte' and 'Süd' Armies can easily be subordinated to a Theatre HQ, or so I imagine. Apparently size does not matter, at least not concerning # of divisions (or army corps) below Theatre HQs in HoI3.

Personal command... I had completely forgotten that x3. Whups?
Well, no matter. I intend to play mostly with AI on because I want to see how good it is really.

I believe mostly AI is same as enemy AI(with some tech and doctrine difference of course and leaders give a bonuses),but main difference if we leave AI to drive armies is our capability to envisone concentrations of forces and directions of atack and that requires strategical thinking and understanding of our forces, ground and enemy.

At the end,maybee, it will be found that best will be(if thats possible?) that Theters HQ and even army groups HQ-s will be under our command, but armies and corps beneath to be left to AI.Than a orders of the same goal to different armies and corps on different positions will be used for instance for concentrated atacks.Well planned combinations of goals given to AI armies culd even produce large encirclements.

I allways wanted to se this game where player will be able to play on many levels.
Single divisions level(if someone wants)
Corps and army level,
Army group level,
Theater level.
Thats exactly what we will get with this capital game I hope!

Last edited:
Actually you probably only want one Theatre HQ facing the SU. Otherwise the AI would not be able to balance the front, respond to enemy troop movements and use reserves properly. The 'Nord' 'Mitte' and 'Süd' Armies can easily be subordinated to a Theatre HQ, or so I imagine. Apparently size does not matter, at least not concerning # of divisions (or army corps) below Theatre HQs in HoI3.

But it's no fun.. I can't play Hitler and change places of entire armies between Heeresgruppes if they are under one HQ ;)

I believe mostly AI is same as enemy AI(with some tech and doctrine difference of course and leaders give a bonuses),but main difference if we leave AI to drive armies is our capability to envisone concentrations of forces and directions of atack and that requires strategical thinking and understanding of our forces, ground and enemy.

At the end,maybee, it will be found that best will be that even army groups HQ-s will be under our command, but armies and corps beneath to be left to AI.Than a orders of the same goal to different armies and corps on different positions will be used for instance for concentrated atacks.Well planned combinations of goals given to AI armies culd even produce large encirclements.

I allways wanted to se this game where player will be abnle to play on many levels.
Single divisions level(if someone wants)
Corps and army level,
Army group level,
Theater level.
Thats exactly what we will get with this capital game I hope!

Giving some armies/korps to AI and controlling some of them would be really good. Give AI order to "Stand your ground" and then use manually cotrolled Panzerarmees to pinzer entire armies.
Or ordering AI to move in one unified front and controlling some armoured formations?

Last edited:
But it's no fun.. I can't play Hitler and change places of entire armies between Heeresgruppes if they are under one HQ ;)

Of course you can. Only that this HQ can't be AI controlled.

You can have three AI controlled army groups under one manual controlled theatre. Since the theatre is manually controlled, it is you, who assigns the armys to the three army groups.

Only thing you can't do is put army group south under AI control (in real life it was Manstein) and at the same time tell the 6th army to hold Stalingrad at all costs. So yes, you can't do every insanity in the game, Hitler was capable of doing. This is because Johan is proud of the AI performance and does not want to see it perform poorly.

Last edited:

Giving some armies/korps to AI and controlling some of them would be really good. Give AI order to "Stand your ground" and then use manually cotrolled Panzerarmees to pinzer entire armies.
Or ordering AI to move in one unified front and controlling some armoured formations?

Orr..give to armies composed by infantery to be led by AI and give them some goal to catch stright forward .I the same time by youself command elite panzer group, than pass or bypass your advancing AI "foot" armies and stab the enemy frontline, encircle..and leave AI armies to deal with enemy pockets you formed while you are resting your tanks for even deeper pincer move.

This game,if this kind of mixed Player/ AI command of armies will be possible,now seems to me will even offer a kind of roleplaying,realy...
I am Guderian ,called "fast Heinz.. move away..me and my panzer group will do a mirracles where ever is needed and you ordinary(AI) soldiers can follow me if you dare and can.:D

Could I remove 6th army as an entirely separate formation under the theatre? So it would be separate from any other formation (armygroups etc.) under the theatre HQ? That could solve the problem.

Orr..give to armies composed by infantery to be led by AI and give them some goal to catch stright forward .I the same time by youself command elite panzer group, than pass or bypass your advancing AI "foot" armies and stab the enemy frontline, encircle..and leave AI armies to deal with enemy pockets you formed while you are resting your tanks for even deeper pincer move.

This game,if this kind of mixed Player/ AI command of armies will be possible,now seems to me will even offer a kind of roleplaying,realy...
I am Guderian ,called "fast Heinz.. move away..me and my panzer group will do a mirracles where ever is needed and you ordinary(AI) soldiers can follow me if you want and can.:D

It could simulate some intereting personal hatered between commanders ;) Heeresgruppe is commanded by Model who orders slow andance but commander of 5th Panzerarmee von Manteuffel doesn't listen and punctures a hole thought the front :D

P.S. I just remembered that I have a goddamn dentist tomorrow morning at 9:45... And it almost half past one... There goes my beauty sleep...

I'm pretty sure you're wrong Bonuses are assigned to units via command structure, and you cannot assign one unit to more then one, say, theatre command. As each command have certain radius of influence, it's gonna be counter-productive to have more command units.
A unit can't be in more than one theatre, that's correct. However, since the theatre HQ has a range, say an Eastern Front division in Leningrad won't get a bonus if the HQ's in Kiev (for example), but, if you make a new theatre for the upper part of Soviet, it will get the bonus, thus everyone get's bonuses :p
Get my point? You'd be able to eliminate the lack of bonuses... If you're good enough :p

Could I remove 6th army as an entirely separate formation under the theatre? So it would be separate from any other formation (armygroups etc.) under the theatre HQ? That could solve the problem.

P.S. I just remembered that I have a goddamn dentist tomorrow morning at 9:45... And it almost half past one... There goes my beauty sleep.

Yes.

You can attach the 6th army directly to the Eastern front theatre HQ. If that is manually controlled, then you are fine.

And of course you can also always remove it totally from the theatre and still move freely in the region.

Of course as each level in the chain of command provides boni, you are losing these boni entirely or parts of it.

Good luck for tomorrow. :)

It could simulate some intereting personal hatered between commanders ;) Heeresgruppe is commanded by Model who orders slow andance but commander of 5th Panzerarmee von Manteuffel doesn't listen and punctures a hole thought the front :D

P.S. I just remembered that I have a goddamn dentist tomorrow morning at 9:45... And it almost half past one... There goes my beauty sleep...

dddeentist!?:eek:

Good night(I believe?);)

Yes.

You can attach the 6th army directly to the Eastern front theatre HQ. If that is manually controlled, then you are fine.

And of course you can also always remove it totally from the theatre and still move freely in the region.

Of course as each level in the chain of command provides boni, you are losing these boni entirely or parts of it.

Good luck for tomorrow. :)

I don't need any bonuses, I'm a military genious ;) (Sound's familiar?)

Thanks, just have to hope that I don't fall asleep in the nice chair...

dddeentist!?:eek:

Good night(I believe?);)

Dentist... Most evil thing walking the Earth after Herr Hitler and Tovarits Dzugashvili.

Good night everybody. Or good day to all Americans :)

Last edited:
You mean, you can't f*** things up? :rofl:

Its allways possible to call on report those stupid prussian AI generals who you hate from the beginning, and who mutualy hate you as one ww1 corporal, becouse their anprepared armies stuck in a mud on minus 40 degrees just before Moscow becouse of your delusions of grandia , and remove them from command becouse of incompetency ,to command by youself. :rofl:

Last edited:
But its allways possible call those stupid prussian AI generals who you hate from the beginning, and who mutualy hate you as one ww1 corporal, becouse their anprepared armies stuck in a mud on minus 40 degrees just before Moscow becouse of your delusions of gradia , and remove them from command becouse of incompetency to command by youself. :rofl:

The most overrated Corporal of all time. :wacko:

I have one intriguing question for you... who financed his election campaign? I will not comment further on that issue...

some1 probabl mention this but why dose italy have 183 IC?

Mm, yes, and Italy controlling the Balkans by September 1940 would be ... odd.

Also, an almost 100K maxed out amount of fuel after all those campaigns, I'd say the resource numbers still need some large adjustments, in this way Italy would be a great prize for Germany to seize, not to befriend :D

Mm, yes, and Italy controlling the Balkans by September 1940 would be ... odd.

Just because it's odd, doesn't mean it couldn't happen. A LOT of events that did happen were indeed very odd.

...in this way Italy would be a great prize for Germany to seize, not to befriend :D

Why you are only realizing that just now? :D

The most overrated Corporal of all time. :wacko:

I have one intriguing question for you... who financed his election campaign? I will not comment further on that issue...

Fritz Tyssen(Fritz Tyssen family Union Banking Corp.)..and....mr.P.B.

Last edited:

Giving the responsibility of such a huge front to one HQ would be insane I presume. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but an HQ can handle one objective at the time. How could you order the AI to encircle hostile troops in the Pripets, establish a strong bridgehead in front of Kiev, get to Moscow before snowstorms, cut the supply road of Leningrad, and many others? So many things have been said, so I think only gaming experience will tell.

Giving the responsibility of such a huge front to one HQ would be insane I presume. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but an HQ can handle one objective at the time. How could you order the AI to encircle hostile troops in the Pripets, establish a strong bridgehead in front of Kiev, get to Moscow before snowstorms, cut the supply road of Leningrad, and many others? So many things have been said, so I think only gaming experience will tell.

Despite obviously much better AI than in HOI II, I believe Eastern HQ set on AI controll will be defeat guaranteed,maybee holding the lines can pass.

Its probabaly most efective way to have Eastern Theater Level HQ set to be on manual(player controlled).
This Theater HQ gives necessary bonus to all troops on the east,and thats it.Its only unit player has on east manualy,and moves it to roughly from distance following advance of its troops on the frontline.
All other subordinated units on eastern front can be set on AI control.
Army groups HQ-s can set to be AI controled and than every army group to recieve its orders-goals.
But if player wants to play on even smaller level, he can even Army group HQ-s left on manual.Than armies and corps could be set to AI controll.This "mode"offers possibility of fine tunning of operations,and rises micromanagement of course(thats why this AI control came in first place).

I think neather total AI controll of the eastern front will be god, and allso neather "absolute" control of every division manualy.
As allways truth and balance are somewhere in the middle.