+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Development Diary #34 - 24th of June 2009

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by wright1331 View Post
    Heres a question about limited wars.

Since you did a limited war against Yugo what would happen if one of there "friends" declared war on you for it. Would they
    (1 be up against just you since it was a limited war,
    (2 be up against your whole alliance,
    (3 or would your allies have a choice whether to join or not?
    2, AFAIK, as only Axis have possiblity of declaring limited war.

yea:D

Can't wait !!!

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    No you set a objectives and a stance. On blitzing it is more likely to ignore it's own flanks in pursute of an encirclement.
    I'm a bit late to this thread but I have to ask - is a theatre command's actions/capabilities (such as defending from or conducting encirclements) influenced by its commander or various techs/doctrines? So would a Wehrmacht theatre command with Rommel in charge act differently from a French one commanded by Gamelin?

And excellent DD. I take the AI with a pinch of salt but still very impressive. This is the first time I'm seriously considering buying this game
    Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in the ancient Greek republics: freedom for the slave-owners
    VI Lenin

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOm View Post
    I'm a bit late to this thread but I have to ask - is a theatre command's actions/capabilities (such as defending from or conducting encirclements) influenced by its commander or various techs/doctrines? So would a Wehrmacht theatre command with Rommel in charge act differently from a French one commanded by Gamelin?
    AFAIK, no.

Wink Ai

I have a question concerning the possibilities of AI. Can you give it non-province related objective such " Destroy Army Group ***" as it was done to army group center during Opertation Bagration in 44? And also, can you give 2 different theaters the same objective so that that the may support each other? That way it appears that the Ai may act in a more strategic rather than tactical way.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladoxama View Post
    I have a question concerning the possibilities of AI. (1) Can you give it non-province related objective such " Destroy Army Group ***" as it was done to army group center during Opertation Bagration in 44? (2) And also, can you give 2 different theaters the same objective so that that the may support each other? That way it appears that the Ai may act in a more strategic rather than tactical way.
    (1): No, AFAIK.
    (2): I don't see why you couldn't.

AI Missions/Objectives

Maybe they should implement that...it would be fun to watch the AI trying to destroy whole armies and having encirclements. It cannot be done unless you could issue such orders. And also... it isnt exaclty historical to not have that since every history buff knows that Stalin said early on in the war that the Zhukov´s most important mission was the destruction of army group center... Or the Ardennes offensive where Hitler forgoed (at least for a bit) the conquest of France to have the encirclement that ended in dunkirk....
    What are you thoughts?

It seems very nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19