• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Building units generates a small ammount of threat, so a large scale increase in your army will make countries notice. Now if you look at the Yugoslav deployment in the first screen shot the AI had evaluated that the Axis members (Italy and Germany) were on the list of two countries deemed most likely to invade Yugoslavia and the majority of its troops were deployed on those two borders. The Italian build up was matched by the AI as best it could while not stripping the German frontier.

I assume that the threat affects have been balanced so that an at war Canada does not trigger a US invasion.

I assume that the threat affects have been balanced so that an at war Canada does not trigger a US invasion.
As I understand it only a direct DoW on Canada would create any threat at their place. And that threat would actually be an Axis threat towards USA, pushing USA closer to the allies and "gearing them up" for war so to speak.

If USA is in the allies or close to them I doubt they would be very harshly affected by large canadian troop buildups. A proof of this at work is that Italy and Germanys AIs places no divisions on their mutual border, because they perceive no threat.

I notice there is a lot of use of red and green. This might be covered elsewhere, but is there some provision made for the 7% of males who cannot distinguish those two colors?

great aar, but there are 2 major problems

1. zagreb(yugoslavia) should have an airfield-historicly it had one of the first airfields in the world(first one in europ-slavoljub penkalas), and it had an big military and civilian airfield in borongaj(part of zagreb)
2. river sava and dunav have to be conected thise rivers where bounderis betven NDH(croatia) and nedics serbia...not only that their are key defending positions both for NDH(croatia)from east attacks by soviets, and for yugoslavia from atacks from the west

You would think by now Paradox would just give up and post terrain tiles online while still in development for this sort of feedback the third time around. :rofl:

fascinating improvement over from HOI2, i must buy this game.!!!
also, i love the way decisions in diplomat screen can be made.
hope to see how players can demand territory in the sue for peace screen

AFAIK there is no longer a sue for peace screen. You get a white peace, or a cease fire the rewards you whatever conquests you have already made. Or total annexation.

That's about it.

Nice screenshoots, nice developpement... I agree that this game can be the best seller ever of Paradox :D I just wish that the game could came faster on sale!!! :)

I know some of you were asking about Radar and Intel. Well here is a little example from a different game, again as Italy.

attachment.php

Our Radar/SIGNET station on Sardinia has picked up British ships moving through the med, probably on route to Egypt. We know there is at least one Heavy Cruiser amoungst them.

Attachments

• intel.jpg
    intel.jpg
    649,2 KB · Views: 5.619
Could that poor Heavy Cruiser start firing at the radar station in case it would be located amongst the shoreline provinces?
Or is that only possible for carriers and airforces?

Could that poor Heavy Cruiser start firing at the radar station in case it would be located amongst the shoreline provinces?
Or is that only possible for carriers and airforces?

only possible for planes.

That's one thing that drives me nuts, if I have an adjacent ocean province to my coast I want it lit up automatically not just if I have a ship in port. :eek:o

it seems there is too much work for cpus
is it well optimized? how were your experiences concerning cpu?

That's one thing that drives me nuts, if I have an adjacent ocean province to my coast I want it lit up automatically not just if I have a ship in port. :eek:o

ships in port do not remove FOW from adjacent sea provinces. You really have to get them out to see do that.

But you can see the sea if you have radar/detection system/a guy with binoculars in the coast provinces?
And they do now aswell. If you look at the screenshot you see that both land and sea provinces have their Fog of War lifted by Radar/SIGINT stations.

Edit: Thanks alot for the Screenshot King, The Japanese Video had me very worried there for a moment that it wouldn't be possible to scout or monitor naval zones passivly without micromanagement.

Last edited:
I know some of you were asking about Radar and Intel. Well here is a little example from a different game, again as Italy.

attachment.php

Our Radar/SIGNET station on Sardinia has picked up British ships moving through the med, probably on route to Egypt. We know there is at least one Heavy Cruiser amoungst them.

Finally Greece:p

So every visible province of other nations is due to Radars?
In which province have you set the Radars so you can see nearly all norther Greece?