• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I play multiplayer with my son and we've always had a problem that the world was just too big. The AI stuff sounds like the prefect answer! We can focus on trying to defend France and let Africa and the Middle East and the Pacific fend for themselves until we are ready to divert our attention.

I am so excited about this I think Ill set my alarm for August and go to sleep like I did for Christmas Eve as a kid :)}

Isn't there somebody in Paradox I could slip some money to to get hold of the beta :)}

tom

Isn't there somebody in Paradox I could slip some money to to get hold of the beta :)}
tom

Corruption porposal hmm ??... bad boy points earned... ( slip it to me :p )

if the answer would be positive maybe i wil also think about it ;) joke ;)

I was originally worried about the theater operation, but now I am excited. I have often avoided playing nations that were too spread out (UK) because of the micromanagement, but that won't be a problem anymore.

I also think there will be an interesting "role play" element to the structure where you intervene in local areas to accomplish specific goals. It would be interesting to write an AAR from the perspective of a single general that gets moved from one front to another.

this game gonna rock

best strategy game ever it looks now. i havent felt like this for a game since Amiga days 15 years ago. nowadays all strategy games are copies of age of empieres or Dune 2 or shooters like CS.

If it will be as good game as i think i will buy 10 copies and go to paradoxs office and give u cookies every morning (yes i live very close in stockholm)

TACK SOM FAN

I also think there will be an interesting "role play" element to the structure where you intervene in local areas to accomplish specific goals. It would be interesting to write an AAR from the perspective of a single general that gets moved from one front to another.

Yes, that would be interesting. Perhaps your generals would underestimate or overestimate what they need to win based off their personality and have battle event triggers like in Rome.

Yes, that would be interesting. Perhaps your generals would underestimate or overestimate what they need to win based off their personality and have battle event triggers like in Rome.

Which "personalities" will underestimate and which will overestimate?

Guys please take off the bias glasses already.

Attacking Yugoslavia which is right next door with well trained armies is nothing compared to what happened in Greece. Please pick up the book "The Hollow Legions" by Mario Cervi if possible and learn a little bit instead of thinking you know anything about the invasion of Greece and what happened.
Yes, people should note that King's attack seems to be very well prepared. Imagine if King had made no or few preparations and suddenly just decided to attack with whatever troops he happened to have on the Yugoslav border at the time, maybe even having done a partial demobilization prior to the attack... It would have been another story completely. :)

Hi King - great work!

Just a bit off topic question - when you were designing/inventing command structure, did you have in your mind some old (and unfortunately) abandoned project called - The Road to Moscow (Battlefield Design Group); look at the link

http://pc.ign.com/articles/131/131163p1.html?

Or it is first time you can hear about it...

wow you bring me back. I followed the progress (or lack there of) of RtW. Soooooo much potential, but so much detail.

Another great update - and the appetite is whetted even more...

Very nice indeed, this game will ruin my personal life

Hi King - great work!

Just a bit off topic question - when you were designing/inventing command structure, did you have in your mind some old (and unfortunately) abandoned project called - The Road to Moscow (Battlefield Design Group); look at the link

http://pc.ign.com/articles/131/131163p1.html?

Or it is first time you can hear about it...

An HOI 4, fer sure. But HOI 5 will breakdown to the platoon level ... yes?
HOI 3 has the necessary basic rudimentary AI HQ structure (in HOI 3.2 allow player control of HQs).
HOI 4 will use global positioning.
HOI 5 will create a consistent terrain from, say, Google maps. Urban areas being a challenge.

One world. Lots of officers.

I wonder if it wouldnt be better to call attack a Broad Front Attack and Blitzkrieg a Narrow Front Attack. Blitzkrieg doesnt fit IMO. Its not the best name for theoretical Spearhead Attack of French in 1940 or Polish Cavalry Armies into Prussia in 1939.
Maybe someone has/know some better name for that?

I wonder if it wouldnt be better to call attack a Broad Front Attack and Blitzkrieg a Narrow Front Attack. Blitzkrieg doesnt fit IMO. Its not the best name for theoretical Spearhead Attack of French in 1940 or Polish Cavalry Armies into Prussia in 1939.
Maybe someone has/know some better name for that?

It's not a doctrinal approach, but a level of aggressiveness - perhaps a better name would be "all-out offensive".

Which "personalities" will underestimate and which will overestimate?

Well Montgomery was notorious but over preparing and being cautious about advancing whereas someone like Goering would boast they didn't need any help in taking out the allies at Dunkirk with air power alone.