• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you suggesting that Italian army of 1938 had ability ot perform with speed of Werhmacht in 1941? Well thought argument. :D

They had NO warning, they were under German "protection" in 1940-1941 period. Germany invaded them because Yugoslavia decided to change that.

Re King :

You might be right, although final screenshot (other are irrevelant, shwing early stages of operation), shows:

- 1 infantry division near Beograd (the furthest away from offensive starting provinces)
- 1 motorized division nearby (ok, they should be fast),
- 3 HQs (hard to say what is UNDER them, let's assume those are motorized/cavalry divisions/brigades),
- another motorized division,
- 2 infantry divisions, another HQ and another infantry divisions in middle/coast section of the front.

It certainly doesn't look like mainly motorized force, unless HQs are hiding something else...

Again, don't get me wrong. I don't wanna be a partypooper, but I hate pointless fanboyism where everyone only have praises before the premiere. It simply seems not right to have such an operation speed in case ITA vs. YUG in 1938.

yes the HQs are hiding my few armoured divisions.

Question regarding Blitzkrieg stance; can anyone choose it?

even countries which army doctrines completely contrary to it?

Blitzing here is not a doctrine choice, that is covered by land doctrines. This is a commander's mentality. How many risks do you want to take? We call it Blitzkrieg so you get the idea.

The percentage strength of that unit (not counting any below it in the heirachy)

By "that unit" I assume that you mean the hq unit for that theatre since you said "not counting any below it in the heirachy". Is that correct? Just trying to figure this all out one tiny piece at a time. Can't wait til 8/4.

CB

OHHHHH !!!! Aint it August 4th yet?????? u guys are very good at teasing us to death :) but it's ok... we still love ya there at Paradox. :rofl:

I'm certain, this dumb question was already asked and answered a few times, but i couldn't find it, so here goes.....

Will you nice guys have time for a Demo before the game comes out on Aug 4th?

Italy, as many countries, did have it's own set of tactics for rapid advancement.

Guerra di Corso Rapido in this case.

My question is if I do take over Yugoslavia I don't really want to keep all the provinces. Is it possible to select which provinces I want to keep(coast) and puppet the rest of the country into a smaller Yugoslavia?

I know in previous games you had to change core provinces to make this possible.

no it isn't. But i wanted it all, I wanted the resources, IC and especially leadership I could draw from occupied Yugoslavia. Italy is not a tech powerhouse I need those to have any hope against Britain.

The Yugoslav army collapsed in 11 days in 1941. And they had numerical parity with Axis then. As well as 2 years warning.

Well, there's quite a bit of difference between collapsing under the weight of the Wehrmacht and collapsing under the 'weight' of the Italians, who couldn't even dent the Greek defenses.

Great AAR, too bad the Italians got the drop on the Yugoslav Army.

I have one question, would an incrised Italian production of military units make the other nation fell threatened and their mobilization level would rise?

Like say you play as SU and you start cranking out Inf like crazy '38 would your neighbors react to this (if their intelligence services pics up on this of course).

I ask this because I want to know if the AI reacts to your development.

Building units generates a small ammount of threat, so a large scale increase in your army will make countries notice. Now if you look at the Yugoslav deployment in the first screen shot the AI had evaluated that the Axis members (Italy and Germany) were on the list of two countries deemed most likely to invade Yugoslavia and the majority of its troops were deployed on those two borders. The Italian build up was matched by the AI as best it could while not stripping the German frontier.

limited waring

if one is playing a major power and they are in an alliance, can they do a limited war on anyone they want to? If they could that would be awesome. I always had to have all my growing wars before i would join an alliance just so I could take the resources i wanted first.

By "that unit" I assume that you mean the hq unit for that theatre since you said "not counting any below it in the heirachy". Is that correct? Just trying to figure this all out one tiny piece at a time. Can't wait til 8/4.

CB

Yes the HQ unit itself.

Well, there's quite a bit of difference between collapsing under the weight of the Wehrmacht and collapsing under the 'weight' of the Italians, who couldn't even dent the Greek defenses.

If the Yugoslav army had been fully mobilised then I would of faced a WWI style grinding attrition fight with probable multiple units shattering before I achieved breakthrough (in the end only one divisions would shatter during the offensive).

if one is playing a major power and they are in an alliance, can they do a limited war on anyone they want to? If they could that would be awesome. I always had to have all my growing wars before i would join an alliance just so I could take the resources i wanted first.

No this is an special power you get from being a member of the Axis. Axis power are out to expand thier countries therefor see not sharing the loot as something one shoudl consider.

Very fine update, great demonstration, once the non-mobilized Yugo army frontline collapsed the exploiting IT units overran the country quickly. Even a pure infantry army could have done so in three months despite the terrain and weather if facing minimal resistance. With mountain and motorized forces leading the way, seems very accurate to me. Great game, looking forward to the release! :D

Is it possible to call your allies to arms in a limited war if things go badly?

The Italians did it on a few occaisions when the going got too tough... ;)

Is it possible to call your allies to arms in a limited war if things go badly?

The Italians did it on a few occaisions when the going got too tough... ;)

You can indeed. You may also want to do it when you want to call in only part of the alliance. E.g. Germany invading the USSR but not wanting to get Japan invovled so they go after the UK/USA.

You can indeed. You may also want to do it when you want to call in only part of the alliance. E.g. Germany invading the USSR but not wanting to get Japan invovled so they go after the UK/USA.

That just made my day!

I am still trying to understand, how combat progress is visualized on the map.
It seems, it is per province, it is always in green and the arrow points to the province, against which the progress has been made. This can be an own or an enemy province.
Why not make use of colour here and show the enemy's progress in red?

Thanks King.

That is of great interest, in HOI2 if Japan joins the Axis alliance it automatically is at war with the Allies if Germany already is (say 1940). Yet Japan and Germany did trade technology (only possible in alliances in HOI2), yet Japan maintained its neutrality pact with the USSR until the USSR revoked it in summer 45. The delicate balance of diplomacy between the two main Axis partners was a significant factor in the outcome of the war and it is good HOI3 diplomacy is upgraded to reflect the complex relationship within the different alliances. And now I understand Blueprints are dead but nations can trade knowledge and license equipment so that is a big plus too.

I am still trying to understand, how combat progress is visualized on the map.
It seems, it is per province, it is always in green and the arrow points to the province, against which the progress has been made. This can be an own or an enemy province.
Why not make use of colour here and show the enemy's progress in red?

If you winning it´s in green and if you are losing it´s in red.