• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finally Greece:p

So every visible province of other nations is due to Radars?
In which province have you set the Radars so you can see nearly all norther Greece?

Northern Greece is pure SIGNET, I can only pick up the provinces with units in them. So I know these provinces do have units in them, but I cannot say for certain if the others don't. They may just have too few units to generate an interecept.

Northern Greece is pure SIGNET, I can only pick up the provinces with units in them. So I know these provinces do have units in them, but I cannot say for certain if the others don't. They may just have too few units to generate an interecept.

Are some type of units harder to spot then others?

Question about Limit War

Heres a question about limited wars.

Since you did a limited war against Yugo what would happen if one of there "friends" declared war on you for it. Would they
(1 be up against just you since it was a limited war,
(2 be up against your whole alliance,
(3 or would your allies have a choice whether to join or not?

Say your SIGINT people along the line pick up signals, wouldn't it be possible to also pick up information on what the enemy's plans are (i.e. objectives for the HQ in question)?

So to for intelligence, is it possible thorough a "military intelligence" focus, to uncover what the enemy units have as objectives in "Planning"-mode etc.
Cuz if you see a lot of units along the border, you know that they might be up to something, but are they planning a defence or are they planning an attack?
(if it's an attack that's being planned, then Threat might get raised etc.)

Just a thought. Then again if you read "Konsten att gissa rätt" and read about the Isreali intell assumptions when Egypt built up for war... you can always get Intell reports saying that "No, they're not up to anything more than training" ^^

Say your SIGINT people along the line pick up signals, wouldn't it be possible to also pick up information on what the enemy's plans are (i.e. objectives for the HQ in question)?

So to for intelligence, is it possible thorough a "military intelligence" focus, to uncover what the enemy units have as objectives in "Planning"-mode etc.
Cuz if you see a lot of units along the border, you know that they might be up to something, but are they planning a defence or are they planning an attack?
(if it's an attack that's being planned, then Threat might get raised etc.)

Just a thought. Then again if you read "Konsten att gissa rätt" and read about the Isreali intell assumptions when Egypt built up for war... you can always get Intell reports saying that "No, they're not up to anything more than training" ^^

im sure you wont be able to pick up "Plans", since it would be totally one sided and unfair. You would only be able to pick up the AI and not the other way around, so the AI would still never have an idea what your going to do if you control your army.

Niiice

Ohhh, maaaaan! This is going to be sooo sweet. I'll have to buy a new computer since my crappy laptop can not run pixel shader 2.0 but it'll be 100 % worth it.
It's going to be a hard battle between Hoi3 and finishing my master thesis in time :D

I love the Paradox team :)

The screens look great :D

Ohhh, maaaaan! This is going to be sooo sweet. I'll have to buy a new computer since my crappy laptop can not run pixel shader 2.0 but it'll be 100 % worth it.

Same here ^^ (Good luck with the thesis!)

im sure you wont be able to pick up "Plans", since it would be totally one sided and unfair. You would only be able to pick up the AI and not the other way around, so the AI would still never have an idea what your going to do if you control your army.

Not true, as a player, you can set objectives. And it's this I'm curious about, can you get Intel on what objectives have been selected? That's something even the AI could benefit from in anticipating what the player is doing, and so to the player of what the strategy is for the AI.

Not true, as a player, you can set objectives. And it's this I'm curious about, can you get Intel on what objectives have been selected? That's something even the AI could benefit from in anticipating what the player is doing, and so to the player of what the strategy is for the AI.
The problem is that it assumes the player is using AI controll for his army. Because if he isn't there is no objectives selected.

This would be especially bad in multiplayer practically forcing players to not use AI control because that will give the enemy a chance to know his objective.

The problem is that it assumes the player is using AI controll for his army. Because if he isn't there is no objectives selected.

This would be especially bad in multiplayer practically forcing players to not use AI control because that will give the enemy a chance to know his objective.

This is exactally what i mean, glad you picked it up

Question for the King.
(I think I will not be to long, but there is so many questions about AI control with which I am realy excited!and intend to use massively.)

Please can you describe your opinion about how AI controlled Army group that you send to capture Belgrade is behaving.

I mean ,does this AI driven force covers its flanks?
If for instance Yugo army try to flank from Bosnia will it AI opose this flanking and hold on in capturing Belgrade after treath dealed with by sending the troops towards the flank from the main direction ?
Does AI tries to achieve more-or less stright(secure) line of the advancing front towards its objective, or is it only runns towards Belgrade with majority of forces?Does AI tries to shorten the frontline if possible?
Does this behaving of advanced forces have to do with choosed mod of atack-you sad blitz, is there other way of orders (behaviors) how will AI conduct atack?

Last edited:
This AAR is going to be begginers guide for all of as.
We need more pics mate.

I'm assuming that players won't control all 600 individual divisions yes.

However, I'm not saying that the opponent get the information automatically, nor that it has to be accurate: "Belgrage? They're not heading towards Belgrage" (Opponent is actually heading to Belgrage).

All I'm saying that you might get small bits of informations now and then [or ability to disseminate misinformation] that gives you a better picture as to what is happening [or your enemy a worse picture].

If it's 1938, then why does Germany own all of the Czech part of Czechoslovakia and why is there an Axis Slovakia?

It's been said that events are now triggered primarily because of circumstances. So I'm taking it the End of Czechoslovakia event triggered a few months early, because the conditions to triggering it were met?