+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Development Diary #34 - 24th of June 2009

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by asteris_ View Post
    Finally Greece

So every visible province of other nations is due to Radars?
    In which province have you set the Radars so you can see nearly all norther Greece?
    Northern Greece is pure SIGNET, I can only pick up the provinces with units in them. So I know these provinces do have units in them, but I cannot say for certain if the others don't. They may just have too few units to generate an interecept.
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

Keeper of the seven keys Lord Martin's Avatar
    200k clubVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Northern Greece is pure SIGNET, I can only pick up the provinces with units in them. So I know these provinces do have units in them, but I cannot say for certain if the others don't. They may just have too few units to generate an interecept.
    Are some type of units harder to spot then others?
    Since the custom avatars are gone, I´m aiming at 1.000.000 posts instead!!!!
    998.334 posts left...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessHoi 2 Beta500k club

Love the "Limited War" option.
    Bonne chance!

“Given the same amount of intelligence, timidity will do a thousand times more damage than audacity”
    - Carl von Clausewitz

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martin View Post
    Are some type of units harder to spot then others?
    off the top of my head I know that HQs are easier to spot, but the more brigades in a province the more likely you are to gain an intercept.
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

Well, Johan has said that we will be able to create a fake HQ in southern UK to fool Germany into believing we're going to attack

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Question about Limit War

Heres a question about limited wars.

Since you did a limited war against Yugo what would happen if one of there "friends" declared war on you for it. Would they
    (1 be up against just you since it was a limited war,
    (2 be up against your whole alliance,
    (3 or would your allies have a choice whether to join or not?
    the Original
    aka ECLIPSE

Patiently waiting for HOI3 to be what I hoped it would have been back in '09

Hearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Former Far Eastern Colony of the European Union
    Say your SIGINT people along the line pick up signals, wouldn't it be possible to also pick up information on what the enemy's plans are (i.e. objectives for the HQ in question)?

So to for intelligence, is it possible thorough a "military intelligence" focus, to uncover what the enemy units have as objectives in "Planning"-mode etc.
    Cuz if you see a lot of units along the border, you know that they might be up to something, but are they planning a defence or are they planning an attack?
    (if it's an attack that's being planned, then Threat might get raised etc.)

Just a thought. Then again if you read "Konsten att gissa rätt" and read about the Isreali intell assumptions when Egypt built up for war... you can always get Intell reports saying that "No, they're not up to anything more than training" ^^
    Nationality: European
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Laissez-fair/Free trade
    Current work: Clerk
    Cash reserves: £9
    Revolt risk: 0%
    Militancy: 3
    Consciousness: 9

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult

Quote Originally Posted by Hansag View Post
    Say your SIGINT people along the line pick up signals, wouldn't it be possible to also pick up information on what the enemy's plans are (i.e. objectives for the HQ in question)?

So to for intelligence, is it possible thorough a "military intelligence" focus, to uncover what the enemy units have as objectives in "Planning"-mode etc.
    Cuz if you see a lot of units along the border, you know that they might be up to something, but are they planning a defence or are they planning an attack?
    (if it's an attack that's being planned, then Threat might get raised etc.)

Just a thought. Then again if you read "Konsten att gissa rätt" and read about the Isreali intell assumptions when Egypt built up for war... you can always get Intell reports saying that "No, they're not up to anything more than training" ^^
    im sure you wont be able to pick up "Plans", since it would be totally one sided and unfair. You would only be able to pick up the AI and not the other way around, so the AI would still never have an idea what your going to do if you control your army.
    the Original
    aka ECLIPSE

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    I handed the theatre an objective (Belgrade) and a stance (Blizkrieg) and let the AI take it from there.
    This is VERY impressive.

Hearts of Iron III

Does it matter when all is occupied by politicians?

Thumbs up Niiice

Ohhh, maaaaan! This is going to be sooo sweet. I'll have to buy a new computer since my crappy laptop can not run pixel shader 2.0 but it'll be 100 % worth it.
    It's going to be a hard battle between Hoi3 and finishing my master thesis in time

I love the Paradox team

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

The screens look great
    In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except EU3 and a really awesome mod to go with it. Thanks lukew and contributors.

I never had much of a tolerance for rebels or revolutionaries.

Hearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by rholme View Post
    Ohhh, maaaaan! This is going to be sooo sweet. I'll have to buy a new computer since my crappy laptop can not run pixel shader 2.0 but it'll be 100 % worth it.
    Same here ^^ (Good luck with the thesis!)

Quote Originally Posted by wright1331 View Post
    im sure you wont be able to pick up "Plans", since it would be totally one sided and unfair. You would only be able to pick up the AI and not the other way around, so the AI would still never have an idea what your going to do if you control your army.
    Not true, as a player, you can set objectives. And it's this I'm curious about, can you get Intel on what objectives have been selected? That's something even the AI could benefit from in anticipating what the player is doing, and so to the player of what the strategy is for the AI.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Hansag View Post
    Not true, as a player, you can set objectives. And it's this I'm curious about, can you get Intel on what objectives have been selected? That's something even the AI could benefit from in anticipating what the player is doing, and so to the player of what the strategy is for the AI.
    The problem is that it assumes the player is using AI controll for his army. Because if he isn't there is no objectives selected.

This would be especially bad in multiplayer practically forcing players to not use AI control because that will give the enemy a chance to know his objective.
    "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_brunius View Post
    The problem is that it assumes the player is using AI controll for his army. Because if he isn't there is no objectives selected.

This would be especially bad in multiplayer practically forcing players to not use AI control because that will give the enemy a chance to know his objective.
    This is exactally what i mean, glad you picked it up
    the Original
    aka ECLIPSE

This AAR is going to be begginers guide for all of as.
    We need more pics mate.
    From now on we say that the Greeks fight like heroes and the heroes like Greeks...

Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill (1940).

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_brunius View Post

I'm assuming that players won't control all 600 individual divisions yes.

However, I'm not saying that the opponent get the information automatically, nor that it has to be accurate: "Belgrage? They're not heading towards Belgrage" (Opponent is actually heading to Belgrage).

All I'm saying that you might get small bits of informations now and then [or ability to disseminate misinformation] that gives you a better picture as to what is happening [or your enemy a worse picture].

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Helsinki, Finlandia-Vel-Finningia Olim Regnum
    If it's 1938, then why does Germany own all of the Czech part of Czechoslovakia and why is there an Axis Slovakia?

It's been said that events are now triggered primarily because of circumstances. So I'm taking it the End of Czechoslovakia event triggered a few months early, because the conditions to triggering it were met?

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmen View Post
    If it's 1938, then why does Germany own all of the Czech part of Czechoslovakia and why is there an Axis Slovakia?
    IIRC, King said that Germany chose to take the decision early.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

It all looks great,I can't wait!

HoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wright1331 View Post
    Heres a question about limited wars.

Since you did a limited war against Yugo what would happen if one of there "friends" declared war on you for it. Would they
    (1 be up against just you since it was a limited war,
    (2 be up against your whole alliance,
    (3 or would your allies have a choice whether to join or not?
    I would guess that in the case of a limited war where allies of the attackee intervened, then they could choose limited war, or not. Thus, you can still have a limited war quickly furball into a general one (think WW I). Thus limited war doesn't give the player a blank check to attack individual nations on a one on one basis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast