+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Development Diary #34 - 24th of June 2009

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Building units generates a small ammount of threat, so a large scale increase in your army will make countries notice. Now if you look at the Yugoslav deployment in the first screen shot the AI had evaluated that the Axis members (Italy and Germany) were on the list of two countries deemed most likely to invade Yugoslavia and the majority of its troops were deployed on those two borders. The Italian build up was matched by the AI as best it could while not stripping the German frontier.
    I assume that the threat affects have been balanced so that an at war Canada does not trigger a US invasion.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Untermensch View Post
    I assume that the threat affects have been balanced so that an at war Canada does not trigger a US invasion.
    As I understand it only a direct DoW on Canada would create any threat at their place. And that threat would actually be an Axis threat towards USA, pushing USA closer to the allies and "gearing them up" for war so to speak.

If USA is in the allies or close to them I doubt they would be very harshly affected by large canadian troop buildups. A proof of this at work is that Italy and Germanys AIs places no divisions on their mutual border, because they perceive no threat.
    "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - Patton

I notice there is a lot of use of red and green. This might be covered elsewhere, but is there some provision made for the 7% of males who cannot distinguish those two colors?

great aar, but there are 2 major problems

1. zagreb(yugoslavia) should have an airfield-historicly it had one of the first airfields in the world(first one in europ-slavoljub penkalas), and it had an big military and civilian airfield in borongaj(part of zagreb)
    2. river sava and dunav have to be conected thise rivers where bounderis betven NDH(croatia) and nedics serbia...not only that their are key defending positions both for NDH(croatia)from east attacks by soviets, and for yugoslavia from atacks from the west

You would think by now Paradox would just give up and post terrain tiles online while still in development for this sort of feedback the third time around.
    Believe, Ob-hey give me back my Kinder Sorpresa! Fight!

fascinating improvement over from HOI2, i must buy this game.!!!
    also, i love the way decisions in diplomat screen can be made.
    hope to see how players can demand territory in the sue for peace screen

First member of the 200k club finyou2's Avatar
    200k clubCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by T'ung Dynasty View Post
    There is veeeery little to see...

DONT TREAD ON ME Moderator TheLoneGunman's Avatar
    51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by T'ung Dynasty View Post
    fascinating improvement over from HOI2, i must buy this game.!!!
    also, i love the way decisions in diplomat screen can be made.
    AFAIK there is no longer a sue for peace screen. You get a white peace, or a cease fire the rewards you whatever conquests you have already made. Or total annexation.

That's about it.

Nice screenshoots, nice developpement... I agree that this game can be the best seller ever of Paradox I just wish that the game could came faster on sale!!!
    Supporter of the historical flavour in HOI3

"History is written by the winners"
    Napoleon Bonaparte

"Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first."
    ~Charles de Gaulle

This looks utterly fantastic. I can NOT wait for this game to come out.

Not to mention the expansions... *drool*

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

I know some of you were asking about Radar and Intel. Well here is a little example from a different game, again as Italy.

Our Radar/SIGNET station on Sardinia has picked up British ships moving through the med, probably on route to Egypt. We know there is at least one Heavy Cruiser amoungst them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	intel.jpg‎
Views:	5596
Size:	649.2 KB
ID:	16262  
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Could that poor Heavy Cruiser start firing at the radar station in case it would be located amongst the shoreline provinces?
    Or is that only possible for carriers and airforces?

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Could that poor Heavy Cruiser start firing at the radar station in case it would be located amongst the shoreline provinces?
    Or is that only possible for carriers and airforces?
    only possible for planes.

That's one thing that drives me nuts, if I have an adjacent ocean province to my coast I want it lit up automatically not just if I have a ship in port.
    Believe, Ob-hey give me back my Kinder Sorpresa! Fight!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

it seems there is too much work for cpus
    is it well optimized? how were your experiences concerning cpu?
    You must gather your party before venturing forth!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    That's one thing that drives me nuts, if I have an adjacent ocean province to my coast I want it lit up automatically not just if I have a ship in port.
    ships in port do not remove FOW from adjacent sea provinces. You really have to get them out to see do that.

ships in port do not remove FOW from adjacent sea provinces. You really have to get them out to see do that.
    But you can see the sea if you have radar/detection system/a guy with binoculars in the coast provinces?
    This is my signature. Don't look at it. It is mine.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by reignerok View Post
    But you can see the sea if you have radar/detection system/a guy with binoculars in the coast provinces?
    And they do now aswell. If you look at the screenshot you see that both land and sea provinces have their Fog of War lifted by Radar/SIGINT stations.

Edit: Thanks alot for the Screenshot King, The Japanese Video had me very worried there for a moment that it wouldn't be possible to scout or monitor naval zones passivly without micromanagement.
    Last edited by Alex_brunius; 28-06-2009 at 19:56.
    "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - Patton

Hearts of Iron III

I know some of you were asking about Radar and Intel. Well here is a little example from a different game, again as Italy.

Our Radar/SIGNET station on Sardinia has picked up British ships moving through the med, probably on route to Egypt. We know there is at least one Heavy Cruiser amoungst them.
    Finally Greece

So every visible province of other nations is due to Radars?
    In which province have you set the Radars so you can see nearly all norther Greece?

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

I love the colour scheme there.

The Shadow of Man 406 - 1095 - Rules

Contribute to 'Concert of Europe', an 1815 mod for Victoria 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast