• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(77109)

Private
May 27, 2007
Hello;

I like EU3 music, but I like some of the tracks more than others. Is there any way I can limit the backgroud music the way I like?

I have just checked the music folder. What do "mood" and "war" tunes indicate? Would deleting ones I don't like cause a problem(like crash, etc.)?

Thanks.

Hello;

I like EU3 music, but I like some of the tracks more than others. Is there any way I can limit the backgroud music the way I like?

I have just checked the music folder. What do "mood" and "war" tunes indicate? Would deleting ones I don't like cause a problem(like crash, etc.)?

Thanks.

War ar as the name means played during war or dramatic Events like massiv Rebellions and troubled times while the Mood files are played during peace, high Stab or if you do certain things such as exploring.

Can you confirm this? I was under the impression that all music was random. As of IN you can just toss new music into the folder and it will be played randomly.

Can you confirm this? I was under the impression that all music was random. As of IN you can just toss new music into the folder and it will be played randomly.

I don't think anyone is sure really. Maybe it's hardcoded?
Johan said in the HoI3 Q&A video part 2 "There's even different music styles depending on the country you are playing"
What that means is not really clear, but since it's the same engine this might already be the case (to some degree?) in EU:3.

the music you add, has it to be in a special format ? mp3 will do ?

I think it'll play any mp3 you throw in the music folder. The standard vanilla music pieces are 192 kbps, 2 channel, 44 kHz if that's any help.

It would be nice to play Scotland and hear some bagpipes...how would one go about doing that...and not crash the game?

Delete all the music in the music folder, add a new MP3 with scottish pipes and play Scotland. Of course, once you decide to play Ming, you'll enjoy the same Scotish pipes!

No other way of doing it sorry. ;)

Well just to jump in here the engine does seem to play music at random I added about a hundred tracks from the Colonization Game to my EU3 I'm gonna add some tracks from EU2 as well but the system works really nice and I enjoy hours of piece music while I play which I love.

Are you on Vista? If so Windows may have decided you don't get to change it that easily, and you have to go track down a second music folder somewhere.

I bet your right Twilight I have Vista and I installed EU3 to C: instead of Program files to avoid that problem.