+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Europa Universalis 3 - Music Question

Europa Universalis 3 - Music Question

Hello;

I like EU3 music, but I like some of the tracks more than others. Is there any way I can limit the backgroud music the way I like?

I have just checked the music folder. What do "mood" and "war" tunes indicate? Would deleting ones I don't like cause a problem(like crash, etc.)?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariax View Post
    Hello;

I like EU3 music, but I like some of the tracks more than others. Is there any way I can limit the backgroud music the way I like?

I have just checked the music folder. What do "mood" and "war" tunes indicate? Would deleting ones I don't like cause a problem(like crash, etc.)?

Thanks.
    War ar as the name means played during war or dramatic Events like massiv Rebellions and troubled times while the Mood files are played during peace, high Stab or if you do certain things such as exploring.

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Can you confirm this? I was under the impression that all music was random. As of IN you can just toss new music into the folder and it will be played randomly.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

the music you add, has it to be in a special format ? mp3 will do ?

Meteorsexual Demi Moderator Teurlinx's Avatar
    200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    Can you confirm this? I was under the impression that all music was random. As of IN you can just toss new music into the folder and it will be played randomly.
    I don't think anyone is sure really. Maybe it's hardcoded?
    Johan said in the HoI3 Q&A video part 2 "There's even different music styles depending on the country you are playing"
    What that means is not really clear, but since it's the same engine this might already be the case (to some degree?) in EU:3.

the music you add, has it to be in a special format ? mp3 will do ?
    I think it'll play any mp3 you throw in the music folder. The standard vanilla music pieces are 192 kbps, 2 channel, 44 kHz if that's any help.
    The Road from Leningrad
    A Gary Grigsby's War in the East AAR

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

I doubt themusic is adapted to the country one plays... For MMP2 we are going to release a music package and I can assure you the engine picks (well, or seems to pick) musics at random.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

It would be nice to play Scotland and hear some bagpipes...how would one go about doing that...and not crash the game?

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_1769 View Post
    It would be nice to play Scotland and hear some bagpipes...how would one go about doing that...and not crash the game?
    Delete all the music in the music folder, add a new MP3 with scottish pipes and play Scotland. Of course, once you decide to play Ming, you'll enjoy the same Scotish pipes!

No other way of doing it sorry.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

That's great to read!
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Ok ,removed all old mp3 and loaded new mp3 in the music folder, but do I need to wait for some trigger event because I'm still getting the "ambient" music....

Second Lieutenant

lol i hate the same three tracks over and over...they used one in Knights of Honor, if everyone remembers that game.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k club

Well just to jump in here the engine does seem to play music at random I added about a hundred tracks from the Colonization Game to my EU3 I'm gonna add some tracks from EU2 as well but the system works really nice and I enjoy hours of piece music while I play which I love.
    But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.
    -Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

Sanctioned OT Hall Monitor Thistletooth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Unibrow View Post
    lol i hate the same three tracks over and over...they used one in Knights of Honor, if everyone remembers that game.
    Really? I have both soundtracks, and I'm not aware of any overlapping.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_1769 View Post
    Ok ,removed all old mp3 and loaded new mp3 in the music folder, but do I need to wait for some trigger event because I'm still getting the "ambient" music....
    Are you on Vista? If so Windows may have decided you don't get to change it that easily, and you have to go track down a second music folder somewhere.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    Are you on Vista? If so Windows may have decided you don't get to change it that easily, and you have to go track down a second music folder somewhere.
    I bet your right Twilight I have Vista and I installed EU3 to C: instead of Program files to avoid that problem.
    But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.
    -Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

+ Reply to Thread