• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't look at the oh-so-innocent screenshot! Look at the tables at the top of the post and despair! And that's before the Pontificating King Arganos the Terribly Scary really got going.
Erm, well, yes, my heart sympathizes, but I did state earlier I was going to root for Pontus, so I think I'm honor-bound. Sorry, it's nothing personal. So instead of despairing, I'll do this: Bwuha. Ha. Ha?

So, I asked if I may give you valuable beyond belief spices for a single fish, and what do I get as a response? Frothing madness with insults on top. Talk about shock treatment! :wacko:
Meanwhile, the continuing spat between Egypt and Numidia continues to be extremely entertaining. :D Thanks for brightening a dreary morning, gentlemen!

I just noticed this AAR, and I will be sure to read all of it. I can't wait to read more of this weird mix of modernity and ancient times ;)

Okay, the thread definately delivers. I will be looking forward to more of this, and be sure to look warily at all Jarkko and Peter write. At least with Wyvern I expect to get all the facts BEFORE the spin and propaganda begins :p

Err, Avernite, have you forgotten what Wyvern's most deceptive strategy has always been?

Giving you the straight dope in limited quantities and relying on you not reading between the lines or noticing the occasional hints as to what's really going on behind the scenes (often cunningly hidden), thus resulting in the reader drawing his conclusions based on a severely limited amount of facts. Wyvern doesn't need spin and propaganda so long as his readers - or opponents - confuse his facts with all the facts. :)

I, on the other hand, will usually tell more than enough facts (and you'll have no reason to disbelieve them)... leading to much the same type of problem, really. :D

Jarkko lives in an alternate and, let's face it, rather funnier world than the rest of us, a world where certain aspects of logic and veracity are optional extras selectively applied. He visits here occasionally to play games. :)

Jarkko lives in an alternate and, let's face it, rather funnier world than the rest of us, a world where certain aspects of logic and veracity are optional extras selectively applied. He visits here occasionally to play games. :)
:D

Insults after insults :p

I'm glad Avernite recognises the honesty of my writings - who else would give straight honest tables of data, laboriously gathered together by the good doctor and present it up front and unaltered in their AAR. And if I leave the odd item for the reader to work out for themselves it's because I trust in their intellect to not need every little detail spelt out :).

BTW one thing that won't be aparent even to the intellectual audience, and that I didn't go into in the aar because it would have spoilt the story flow, was that 2 months into the 599 session was when I actually annexed Antioch and Pergamon (my two feeble opponents insisted on going to bed despite my pleading to just let me finish the war, it's almost over! :D. In the story I tagged the annexation of those into the end of the previous AAR update. As such the data in the tables for the 599 stats is slightly misleading in that it doesn't include Antioch and Pergamon, and those two cities made a staggering difference to the manpower and wealth of Pontus. It does show what difference a few same culture high pop provinces can do for you though, just wish I'd picked sensible national ideas early on as my tech really really sucks :(.

iirc the aar's just written represent the time we were at when Peter wrote the intro post :).

Peter, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you happen to mention in chat you would post *two* updates last weekend, which would thus put your AAR's ahead of me and Wyvern? Maybe that second part got lost somewhere in the abyss of Internet, perhaps you should repost it here? ;)

(No, I am not trying to push you Peter. Ok, well, maybe I am, but lets not go into that again :p)

Peter, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you happen to mention in chat you would post *two* updates last weekend, which would thus put your AAR's ahead of me and Wyvern? Maybe that second part got lost somewhere in the abyss of Internet, perhaps you should repost it here? ;)
The best laid plans oft go awry when the sun is shining.

I hereby declare my support for Numidia...soley because Peter's updates please me more than the other guys.

Can't wait to hear what happens next!
TheExecuter

I hereby declare my support for Numidia...soley because Peter's updates please me more than the other guys.
Peter is know for his sweet pleasing tongue. I just have to rely on cold hard facts, and they seldom are that pleasing, especially for those who do not like the truth :(

Excellent update Jarkko.

So who is being lazy here? Peter again?

Or is coming up with plausible reasons for exploits, treason or failure too complicated?;):p

So who is being lazy here? Peter again?
  1. Yes.
  2. We are also having a two week hiatus in playing (but have enough material saved up that #1 is the most relevant answer).

1. Yes.
  2. We are also having a two week hiatus in playing (but have enough material saved up that #1 is the most relevant answer).

It's holiday season afterall... ;)

But I am looking forward to hear from your devious plans soon...:D

This AAR is very enjoyable thanks guys :)

Now, this is an excellent read.:)

Unless Peter is going to write the next installment of his AAR (which will be something alongs the lines of "And then I fought Rome again and I won, and then I fought Rome a bit more and won again. Oh, I also lost a navy somehwere along the route at some point.") I am going to assume he has abandoned the AAR... Thus I have, totally arbitralily and without the slightest bit of empathy, decided I will post the next part of the Egyptian point of view later today, before I forget it all.