• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed. We demand the truth.

I don't think we can handle the truth...but nevertheless, we'd still like to here Peter's version of events...

Technically we are waiting for a final update from Peter, but something tells me (that would be the 8 or so months since we finished the game :p) that we aren't going to see it :(.

Whats keeping you from posting your part of it? :rolleyes:

The final exam was my last part :). After that as one of Jarkko's posts says we all drifted off into other things and we ended the game.

Okay, somebody was kind enough to bring this great game up in another sub-forum, and it struck me that even though I never got around to writing a final piece, anybody silly enough to read the AAR after all this time might want to know what the Blasted Numidians were up to in the last session, which made Wyvern's and Jarkko's spurious claim of supremacy so laughable.

The information was already present in the screenshots, but none of the readers seems to have connected the dots. To see what went on, look first at Jarkko's screenshot from 665 (left) and then compare it with the screenshot from 684 (right)

Now, what are the map changes? Wyvern's Pontus took a province from Jarkko's Egypt and continued colonising Germany. So what. Big deal. No, the important thing is what happened in Numidia. Not only did the German colonisation continue and not only did the conquest of the British isles begin, and not only did Numidia insert a rather remarkable blob in the middle of Italy, no, Numidia, in a drastic succession of wars with atrocious casualties, managed to drive a highway through Roman Hispania, thus giving the vast majority of the Numidian holdings, that had until then been suffering from no-connection penalties, a land connection to the capital.

And thus the dancing god-emperor rocked on!

Last edited:
It's.. it's.. IT'S ACTUALLY BEEN UPDATED!?

Thanks Peter, I never dared to comment here because when I got around the AARland this had already gone to sleep but now I had the chance and used it :cool:

That's just awesome conquering by all of you and what an awesome AAR it allowed to be written!

*A kind quiet whisper appears*
"Would you guys do it again with the latest patches an all the stuff..?"
:wub:

Peter - quite the necro! Never thought we'd see your update, and we get one with propaganda worthy of Jarkko :eek:.

*A kind quiet whisper appears*
"Would you guys do it again with the latest patches an all the stuff..?"
:wub:
Probably not with Rome, but we may just have something I the pipe-line for CK2 :)

Peter - quite the necro! Never thought we'd see your update, and we get one with propaganda worthy of Jarkko :eek:.
Pfft. Anybody who plays Rome and understands the game mechanics and events will understand just how great a difference it would have made to Numidia to land connect the vast majority of its provinces.

Probably not with Rome, but we may just have something I the pipe-line for CK2 :)
Yes, this could hypothetically be the case. And, of course, in case a Rome 2 is ever made, who knows what would happen then?

Holy... What an update!:p

Feck me... now I needed to reread the whole shabam again... :D

Nonetheless finally we can close the books here...

Pfft. Anybody who plays Rome and understands the game mechanics and events will understand just how great a difference it would have made to Numidia to land connect the vast majority of its provinces.
You were so far behind it made little difference - Pontus was still way stronger than Numidia :cool:.

You were so far behind it made little difference - Pontus was still way stronger than Numidia :cool:.

I can see the whole thing starting again.. We just need an opinion from the pharaoh :D
In case someone has the savegame left the only way to solve this would be fight no holds barred match between all of you and see who walks out ;)

CK2 sounds cool, I don't know is painting maps like these possible in it but seeing you three throwing gloves off and doing something like this would be absolutely great, even if I don't own the game myself.

Eastern provinces tend to be richer and more populous so no doubt that land connection warped Numidia forward a lot, but enough to beat Pontus? Given that Egypt and the Seleucids still have the great majority of the Fertile Crescent I might be willing to believe it, but only just! ;)

Good lords! Almost two years passed. But 'tis nice to see that A) we finally get the end-state of Numidia and that B) even after two years, the contestants still manage to throw around exaggerated claims and insulting comments. :)

Dear lord, did Peter actually finish up his part? :eek: And he did it in a pure propaganda format too? Spesifically, *what* province did Pontus take from Egypt between those two screenshots?

O tempora, o mores...

Awesomeness.

Because yeah, I missed the June "necro" for some reason (yes, indeed I wasn't around for the start but that "necro" is when I should have commented), and well, this is some fantastic stuff. And it's great to see you guys still have just the right amount of animosity. :D

Last edited: