• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As long as the AI fleet compositions are better modelled, I shall be (reasonably) happy. :p

Thanks for the clarification. If thats the only limitation, that's hardly a limitation at all. :)

Yup, that is what they meant.
I too initially was surprised why they hardcoded it, but then King made the clarification.

Sorry if the question is allready answered:

Next thing the map, there are 4 map files for you to play around with. All are bitmap files allowing you to tweak things to your hearts content pretty easily. One is the province map, you can redraw, add and remove province boundaries. Note changing this will involve the game recalculating paths the first time it is used and which takes a while, so you may want to ship the new paths with your mod. Then there is the river map, if you wish to move rivers about. The third map mode it the terrain map mode, this allows you to play around with the underlying terrain of the provinces. There is also a separate file that will change the textures according to your definition and also defines what terrain does. The final map file is the master temperature map that stores the mean temperatures around the world, the angrier the red is the warmer it is. The final piece of the puzzle is the master map file in here you find interesting things like the provinces that generate pressure zones.

-Does that mean, that we can increase the number of provinces from the 10000 land and 5000 sea ones to lets say 15000 land and 10000 sea ones?

-Is the map completely redrawable? Is it possible to move Greenland to the pacific and create totally new land in the middle of the atlantic?

-The Ai will behave equally good with changed map / provinces?

Thank you

-Does that mean, that we can increase the number of provinces from the 10000 land and 5000 sea ones to lets say 15000 land and 10000 sea ones?

-Is the map completely redrawable? Is it possible to move Greenland to the pacific and create totally new land in the middle of the atlantic?

- Yes
- Yes
- Specific scrips most likely don't do so well, but generic AI (EU3:IN has pretty good generic AI) should do equally well.

On the "sunk" button right next to the ship I presume that it will be a list of ships sunk by that particular ship, is it possible to have some indication on that button if the ship has sunk any enemys at all? (this since i always click that btn and become greatly dissaponted when it is empty in HOI2 :()

edit:
Just noticed that the button is grey on that ship, maybe that means it turns yellow when it has sunk some. :)

Sorry if the question is allready answered:

Thank you

If we can do that think of the mods that will be available. Not just standard realism mods but what about mods where the world stayed Pangaea or Atlantis was real. World War Atlantis v Mu v Dvaraka v etc.

This is really fantastic news... I think Paradox has given us the best of both worlds... They've made the system streamlined in the vanilla game for easier (but still deep) play..... but they've given us enough flexibility that those of us interested in even deeper play can mod to our hearts content....

Battalion mod - possible (this will be very popular I think.. making for pretty historically accurate OOBs)

Air Force mod (smaller more numerous air units that can be in more places at once.. and with added plane types!)

CAG mod - separate out the fighters from the torpedo and dive bombers

Just great work paradox... and I really hope people stop arguing about brigade vs regiment vs battalion... Paradox is going to give us the tools to mod the game to represent units the way we want them!.. what more could we want!

Actually they have the Air Force down pat. The air group is the lowest tactical group in the air force. 3 or more make an air wing and 3 or more wings make an air division.

Great Job Guys..

Question:
Will this game be released in Greece at 4 August as well?
I mean in Stores.

I can't buy games from the Internet, that's why I ask.

I fear we will have to buy the game from ebay as usual with paradox games :(.
The situation concerning retail sales here in Greece is tragic. Just for laughs, i shall note that in some retail chains, you can still buy the simple original versions of HoI2 and EU3 in prices that range between 35 and 49€ !! I Have even spotted a stranded EU2 copy, on sale for the bargain price of 28€ (true story).
So, dear asteris, i seriously urge you to get a prepaid card and buy HoI3 on ebay or Amazon, just as i shall do otherwise i predict a 50€ purchase, around December (and i am totally serious,btw).

I fear we will have to buy the game from ebay as usual with paradox games :(.
The situation concerning retail sales here in Greece is tragic. Just for laughs, i shall note that in some retail chains, you can still buy the simple original versions of HoI2 and EU3 in prices that range between 35 and 49€ !! I Have even spotted a stranded EU2 copy, on sale for the bargain price of 28€ (true story).
So, dear asteris, i seriously urge you to get a prepaid card and buy HoI3 on ebay or Amazon, just as i shall do otherwise i predict a 50€ purchase, around December (and i am totally serious,btw).

Why not download it from Gamers Gate? I am sure that you can reach it from Greece, this is Greece we are talking about, not NK. ;)

Why not download it from Gamers Gate? I am sure that you can reach it from Greece, this is Greece we are talking about, not NK. ;)

Indeed. The situation is hardly tragic. Gamer's Gate should work fine. Will likely be cheaper too.

Indeed. The situation is hardly tragic. Gamer's Gate should work fine. Will likely be cheaper too.
Eeeeh... No, at least the 'cheaper' bit. If it is Greece we're talking about here, then play.com is an option (as the value of the game is less than £30 they actually will ship it with free handling & shipping towards Greece). With the game selling at play.com at €32.49, a boxed version at that, that's a great price compared to gamersgate's €39.99 for a download version. The downside is that you have to wait a little longer for it to arrive. They are highly reliable though - I've been shopping there for years myself (and have pre-ordered HoI3 there as well). And if you can't order it yourself online, well surely someone you know might be willing to order it for you.

If we can do that think of the mods that will be available. Not just standard realism mods but what about mods where the world stayed Pangaea or Atlantis was real. World War Atlantis v Mu v Dvaraka v etc.

Or a mod where Ghangis Khan travels in time to the us in wwii and... I can't wait.;)

Eeeeh... No, at least the 'cheaper' bit. If it is Greece we're talking about here, then play.com is an option (as the value of the game is less than £30 they actually will ship it with free handling & shipping towards Greece). With the game selling at play.com at €32.49, a boxed version at that, that's a great price compared to gamersgate's €39.99 for a download version. The downside is that you have to wait a little longer for it to arrive. They are highly reliable though - I've been shopping there for years myself (and have pre-ordered HoI3 there as well). And if you can't order it yourself online, well surely someone you know might be willing to order it for you.

Play.com sounds like an interesting proposition, though I don't think I'll be willing to wait... :p
I was actually comparing the Gamer's Gate price to the likely price of the local stores, which I expect to be in the 45-50€ range.

Play.com sounds like an interesting proposition, though I don't think I'll be willing to wait... :p
I was actually comparing the Gamer's Gate price to the likely price of the local stores, which I expect to be in the 45-50€ range.
Your call... I my case it's easy, since I have to work anyway the additional wait is bearable. ;) But if you're looking for an online purchase it at least is an affordable alternative. It pays off to look for smart deals elsewhere in the EU these days.