• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does no one check/reply to this thread or forum anymore?

It seems your question may have been missed.

I'm pretty sure I saw this same thing in another thread and that it will not affect your game. It has something to do with a type of file that requires a certain graphics program to open. Hopefully someone will come along to confirm.

Well im currently experiencing CTD problems with the game itself because I installed RIMP and it killed it.

Not quite sure how but apparently it did.

Anyway before that i was experiencing crashes whenever I built some of the buildings that appear at the very bottom of the build list, like the stockade I think it is.

EDIT:
I am still concerned about the size difference in the files as well.

In my experience you have to be careful when installing mods which make significant changes to the map (ie, RIMP) You can have trouble undoing the map changes. To get around this problem I usually create a seperate directory "Europa Universalis - Rome" directory and run the map mod from that.

The bg_province.xcf file in the gfx/interface folder is corrupt and thus does not extract.

This was mentioned somewhere before. I dont think it is an issue then beta version stil works ok.

I am still concerned about the size difference in the files as well.

Not sure, it could be for several reasons.

Imperium 1.2b includes the maps folder which has two files in it, map.bin and tree.bin, that, combined, account for 43.6mb of the total Imperium1.2.rar file size.

I do not know why the maps folder was included. Perhaps it is there so a user can repair RIMP-install related damage to the map by re-installing Imperium.

Imperium 1.2b includes the maps folder which has two files in it, map.bin and tree.bin, that, combined, account for 43.6mb of the total Imperium1.2.rar file size.

I do not know why the maps folder was included...

Which brings us back to Descartes, and whether he's still working on the mod. Personally, I'm hoping so. He has already done a great job, and has a clear sense of where he wants to go with this. It would be a shame for the mod that (in my opinion) actually makes Rome fun to never reach fruition. But on the other hand, real life comes first, and I can respect that.

Dont worry, he's still alive and still thinking about modding.

Good to hear--though again, a sensible regimen doesn't neglect the realworld. It's where everyone draws their strength, after all.

In any case, I wish him the best.

I've already had two crashes and I've only played five years. No idea what's causing it.

Am sad, 'cause this mod strikes me as really cool. :(

EDIT: I think the Lighthouse of Alexandria decision is bugged. It crashes every time I mouse over it, but when I look at the decision nothing *seems* wrong.

Last edited:
When i tried to install the Beta, it actually crashed before i even started a game. I'm going to wait until the Beta version is finalized. As something is amiss with it.

EDIT: I'm still playing with the previous version. Where i must say the plague problem is insane. Once plague hits, half the events have to do with that. It sucks the fun out of the game. Could it not be toned down a bit?
For now i'll return to vanilla and Total Conquest. Your mod is brilliant in itself but the plague thing just sucks the fun out of it all.

Last edited:
Looks interesting. I'll check it out.