• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hm...I can understand wanting to limit GB's number of coastal provinces right away, but I'd think if you had held on long enough for some more defections and they'd gone bankrupt a few more times, they woudn't be much of a threat right away. Was it more dangerous to allow three new nations, in terms of BB for you? Or were you hoping one of the revolters would annex GB?

Integrated GB = less BB for future annexation
Present GB = another competitor in the "Most Messed Up England" contest help at "Strange Screenshot" :D
What is your colonist "income"? :D

EU3_59.jpg
We've deliberately avoided sieging Wessex, since that is where the British fleet is harbored. Unfortunately, a gang of British Pretender rebels decide that if their King won't launch the fleet, they certainly will. They assault the fortress before French forces can intervene.

GUNPOWDER!

FEEDBACK
Hm...I can understand wanting to limit GB's number of coastal provinces right away, but I'd think if you had held on long enough for some more defections and they'd gone bankrupt a few more times, they woudn't be much of a threat right away. Was it more dangerous to allow three new nations, in terms of BB for you? Or were you hoping one of the revolters would annex GB?
I have to admit there's precious little planning going on in this game - for Great Britain, the goal was to push them into a bankruptcy-spiral, easily helped by their huge navy, to secure East Anglia to prevent a future Great Britain should this one disappear, and to free Scotland. I actually didn't want to take land, since every single BadBoy point I gained now, would keep me away from enacting the Anti-Piracy Act that much longer, and before 1650 I ought to instead 'invest' my BadBoy limit on heathen lands.

When the Lancastrian rebels emerged, I saw it as an opportunity to cull forward another 'Scotland' type nation - one that doesn't have Conquest of the New World on their list of possible national ideas. :)

The appearance of those Pretender rebels in Wessex basically threw a wrench in my plans. Given what small holdings Great Britain had left, I figured Lancaster and Scotland could eat up the remainder... and I was right... sorta. You'll see eventually. :)

Integrated GB = less BB for future annexation
Present GB = another competitor in the "Most Messed Up England" contest help at "Strange Screenshot" :D
What is your colonist "income"? :D

GUNPOWDER!
Oh, it gets worse...

If I'd have known there was a contest, I'd have saved the game a little down the road. Though it's somewhat spoilerish for the next part, here's a screenshot from a few years down the line:
EU3_92.jpg
What we don't see, is that Orkney is back in Norwegian hands. We have Scotland, Lancaster, Great Britain, England, Cornwall and France. As a bonus, I think I could have freed Wales and Northumberland as vassals for the full set... :)

Part 41 - Anarchy in the UK

EU3_74.jpg
For once, a Border Dispute France has no need of. Our Union Partner is left alone; we'll get the core through inheritance, and we can do without the Prestige loss in the meantime, thank you very much. :)

EU3_76.jpg
One thing I forgot to check with Great Britain, was if there were any Protestant provinces left (which would be BadBoy-free).... Nevertheless, upon seeing Protestant rebels loyal to France rise up in Northumberland, we rejoice.

EU3_77.jpg
Tech advancement allows for Bailiffs. A massive building program including a couple of years of full minting is set in motion - and French income skyrockets.

EU3_78.jpg
The Lancastrians insist on fighting the Cornish pixies rather than head to London. Luckily, the pixies are very hardy.

EU3_79.jpg
With bailiffs in place, the Judiciary Act opens up, and we pass it. Reduced revolt risk is a boon.

EU3_81.jpg
After Osterbotten turns Reformed, Finland converts to Protestantism.... and promptly becomes a much less tempting target. Only the cored Stockholm would be 'free' now... and they also shift their allies, adding more vinegar to the deal. :(

EU3_82.jpg
Having liberated Northumberand and Cumbria, those Protestant rebels move on Lancashire. The Lancastrians are still busy fighting the Cornish pixies in the south.

EU3_83.jpg
Limousin assimilates. Though this has no direct effect, we're now one step closer of assimilating Iberians.

EU3_84.jpg
A candidate that survives until re-election? How unusual... Of course, we want a new, better guy in office. :)

EU3_85.jpg
Our new ruler is certainly an improvement. Now, to see how long he'll last...

EU3_88.jpg
After three force-conversions, the rebels move on Yorkshire. The Cornish rebels have annihilated the Lancastrian army.

EU3_89.jpg
...and what do you know? Northumberland joins France, free of charge. :)

EU3_90.jpg
With both countries troubled by rebels, Lancaster and Great Britain makes a truce.

EU3_91.jpg
Soon after, English rebels emerge in Wessex, fed up with the Scottish overlords of Great Britain.

EU3_92.jpg
Great Britain shortly after collapses. Cornwall and England goes independent, and Great Britain converts to Protestantism. London remains Catholic.

EU3_93.jpg
Connaught's days are finally numbered.

EU3_94.jpg
Poland, not having learned from Lithuania's mistake, declares war on Prussia. Austria is stirred from their long slumber, and with Austrian choices of National Ideas, tech advantage and considerable army, Poland should find itself in a fair bit of trouble now.

FEEDBACK
hmm ... you have more luck than me , as i've seen religious zealots defect to castille , but they had my flag :(
For religious and patriot rebels, I thought the flag always represented who they'd defect to. :confused:

I know that any type of rebel with a flag like that won't fight that particular enemy, though.

Wow, now on the British isles shall know that inviting the French, or refusing to invite them has always bad consequences. :cool:
If Great Britain hadn't adopted Conquest of the New World, I'd have happily left them alone until much later. They brought this onto themselves. :)

That is a messed up GB you have there. Strange though that the scottish would leave their own union. :rofl:
I find it amusing - but then again, if I had high enough warscore, I could have forced Great Britain to free England instead. :)

Part 42 - Securing the North African coastline

EU3_95.jpg
The Polish two-front war.

EU3_96.jpg
The Austrian two-front war is less woeful.

EU3_97.jpg
Prussia is overrun quickly.

EU3_98.jpg
English patriots make a stir in Yorkshire, and are evicted to Cumbria.

EU3_99.jpg
Sensing an opportunity, Count Dracula seeks Polish blood.

EU3_100.jpg
The new Emperor is bowed to... and snickered at as soon as his back is turned. A bit later, a small peasant group rises up, falls below a thousand men... and keep the Emperor under guard for a good couple of decades.

EU3_101.jpg
Poland catches a break, as Austria backs off... for now.

EU3_102.jpg
Lithuania, however, is much less merciful. Prussia returns, greater than ever - as does Krakow.

EU3_105.jpg
Savoy finally accepts diploannexation,

EU3_106.jpg
Our new mission - possible, but very expensive. With a little extra minting, we start construction.

EU3_108.jpg
Count Dracula secures a province full of Polish maidens.

EU3_109.jpg
A new National Idea slot opens up, and we pick National Trade Policy, to boost our income and to enable a couple of decisions. In retrospect, this was probably not the best move.

EU3_110.jpg
We pass the Importation Act...

EU3_111.jpg
...and establish a House of Trade.

EU3_112.jpg
The English rebels we sent to Cumbria ensures that the province leaves Great Britain in favor of England.

EU3_114.jpg
With our core on Algiers months away from expiration, it's time to act. They certainly have a fair group of friends...

EU3_116.jpg
We only have about twice their collected army size.

EU3_117.jpg
Protestants in Hainaut ensures we get a claim on the province.

EU3_118.jpg
Algiers is annexed.

EU3_119.jpg
Tunisia is evicted to a tiny province inland in Africa.

EU3_120.jpg
Haasa is completely demolished - the province of Najd goes to France, the rest of their lands goes to Najd. :)

EU3_121.jpg
Granada is annexed.

EU3_122.jpg
Oman is significantly reduced.

EU3_123.jpg
The Mamelukes are left a One Province Minor.

EU3_124.jpg
All of this has a cost in terms of BadBoy, though...

FEEDBACK
BadBoy raped... :eek:o

ROFL XD
dracula.jpg
My BadBoy score is steadily increasing, yes... :)

Eeep! Those poor, Polish maidens.

It looks as if England was spit out of a blender... :wacko:

Does the new Prussia only have those two provinces? How does that make them greater?
A Great Britain with Scottish primary cultures opens som funny possibilities for Lancaster/Northumberland/England revolts. :)

The Teutons were eaten by Denmark long ago. When Prussia surfaced, it was a One Province Minor revolter out of Denmark. Poland ate that one... and was forced to release Prussia with that province, and one they had taken from Denmark much earlier. So, for this game, a Two Province Prussia is greater than ever before. :)

Your BB is not even high! :eek:
Really? I find it ridiculously high, for how little warmongering I've actually done this game... I should normally own all of Europe at this stage, and be at around two hundred points. ;)

I've already made so many mistakes with regards to BadBoy management that I think it highly unlikely I'll achieve a World Conquest. Once I get up to 1599 with the AAR (I've already played there), I'll do some statistics/estimates/calculations on it.

Part 43 - Syrian Suicide

EU3_125.jpg
Our Prince survives until re-election.

EU3_126.jpg
The manufactory in Kurland is finished. Our new mission is to annex Alsace.

EU3_127.jpg
Our greatest artist advisor comes through for us, and pushes us back to +3 stability. The artist is promptly awarded the sack.

EU3_128.jpg
His replacement quickly gives up the goods, but the timing is wrong, so prestige - and a new advisor - it is.

EU3_129.jpg
After securing most of the Ottoman islands, we cut a deal with the alliance leader in Africa. :)

EU3_130.jpg
Our BadBoy score is now much too high... The Anti-Piracy Act is beginning to seem unfeasible.

EU3_132.jpg
The Russian minors ends up in a twist with Poland.

EU3_133.jpg
Without even intervening, Poland wins.

EU3_134.jpg
A new Boundary Dispute we neglect. Wurttemberg must be inherited.

EU3_135.jpg
This is the sort of move that makes the AI look rather dumb. The Mamelukes are only a One Province Minor, certainly - but they're guaranteed by just about everyone in the region. Syria's only friend after this is France.

EU3_136.jpg
The timely death of a merchant fills French coffers.

EU3_138.jpg
Syria achieves their goal of becoming a One Province Minor.

EU3_139.jpg
A Boundary Dispute gives us a core on Castille.

EU3_140.jpg
Lithuania seeks to tidy their borders.

EU3_141.jpg
They succeed, after a fashion.

EU3_142.jpg
Our next slider move is towards Naval, to increase our income from tariffs and decrease our fleet costs. We gain an admiral we don't need.

EU3_145.jpg
We gain a core in Poland.

EU3_146.jpg
The grand Prince survives to his second re-election.

EU3_148.jpg
Aures is fully assimilated.

EU3_150.jpg
More than sixteen years is a good run for an elected official. Nature decides it is time for a renewal.

EU3_151.jpg
The new Prince isn't much to brag about, but he does bring a side benefit. Milan is inherited, at last.

EU3_152.jpg
A new core, this one on Yemen.

EU3_153.jpg
...this bit of news wasn't at all well received at the French court. Then again, this Castille isn't that much of a prize.

FEEDBACK
No war during the update?
Strange... and scary.
You're right... Oh, we have to do something about that... ;)

Thing about not being allowed to cross the BadBoy limit means that I'll have to have cool-down periods. Hence, peace - and some planning. :)

*Looks at Syrian defeat... *Facepalm* *

Well, glad to see Milan finally inherited.
Was quite thrilled to see the inheritance happen, myself. Only one Union to go. :)

Part 44 - The Great Disappearing Acts

EU3_154.jpg
The Ottomans attack and annex Dulkadir.

EU3_155.jpg
Lithuania gets a new challenge.

EU3_156.jpg
Since we opted not to fight Finland - and their many allies - we lose our core on Stockholm. Finland is now perfectly safe from French harm... at least for now.

EU3_157.jpg
Following many rebels, Great Britain collapses utterly - and all provinces become English.

EU3_158.jpg
Despite all the guarantees, Poland craves to reclaim Krakow.

EU3_160.jpg
Before Krakow's allies can intervene, they do.

EU3_161.jpg
The half-wit prince dies early, praise the lord.

EU3_162.jpg
And we add a 'halleluja'. :)

EU3_163.jpg
Lithuania has seen better days.

EU3_164.jpg
A core on Lubeck? We'll take that.

EU3_165.jpg
A core on Vendee is also accepted.

EU3_166.jpg
Lithuania gives up land for peace.

EU3_167.jpg
The Ottomans attack and soon annex Corfu.

EU3_169.jpg
Austria, ticked at Poland's assault on Krakow, declares war.

EU3_170.jpg
The Austrians first target Poland's Italian allies. Aquilea vanishes.

EU3_171.jpg
Ferrara will do the same soon enough.

EU3_172.jpg
The war is not going too well for Poland.

EU3_173.jpg
Our BadBoy score has at long last dropped below ten points again.

EU3_174.jpg
With Protestant rebels loyal to Lancaster rising up, we ask Military Access from England, to ensure that this valuable province belongs to them... when we finally choose to attack Catholic England. :)

EU3_175.jpg
Poland gets out of one war, but still fights Austria.

EU3_176.jpg
At long last, the massive French cavalry armies receive a much-needed modernization. The world trembles!

Clash of the Empires is coming! World shall tremble!
Hey man, what do ya think, what land tech lvl is time to replace cavalry with infantry? ;)

Nice AAR

*subscribe*

As a side note: I know you're not into diplo-annexing, but you can get 'as-many-as-you-like' annex "insert vassal" mission. I've had it happen with Northumberland, Bavaria, Tuscany, etc. playing as BBB.

Good luck!

Don't know whether you need cores for those though.

Last edited: