• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I knew that they shouldn't have allowed Homer J. Simpson to work on the plans for the Bomb. Damned Montgomery Burns...

:D

Soviets is hard even for a player. While they will no doubt attack Hokkaido the main threat are the Americans.

About the nukes, I had to get rid of them. Production after Nagasaki in RL was so high that they'd have 7 more nukes by X-Day (the landing). No way the Japanese are going to fight through that. There's honor and there's stupid :D

EDIT: Also this is the end of the prologue. Next up is the actual game I'm going to play. Helms Deep is weak compared to the epicness of the upcoming battles.

Last edited:
Cant wait to read it.

Before all the upgrades, defending Japan as the Japanese used to be hard as nails. The Americans invaded Kyushu and advanced up there and the Soviets invaded North Honshu and advanced south. Even Shikoku was not safe!

Be VERY careful of the U.S carriers. From experiance, they usually bomb the crap outta of the Japanese infastructure which makes it impossible to move around. And don't bother too much with defending Korea. The Soviets will just take all of Korea anyway regardless.

It is possible to try and evacuate as many troops from Korea with your remaining transports, providing that the Americans do not bomb them. Taiwan is a lost hope though.

chapter1.jpg

---​

October 20th, 1945
Underground Imperial Headquarters, Matsushiro

General Korechi Anami was the 57-year old war minister of the Empire of Japan. He was walking through the damp corridor that had been blasted out of the side of the mountain. The Imperial General Headquarters had been located in the facility for several months now and Anami was sick of it. He tried to get out as much as he can. Often he would travel to nearby Nagano and inspect the local garrison there. But he only did that so he could some fresh air.

anami.jpg

General Anami
Korechi was flanked by his aide and were heading to a meeting of the Supreme War Council. They passed a corridor that split of into a seperate section of the complex. At the end of the corrdiro began the Imperial Palace. During construction of the complex an additional palace had been built to accomodate the Emperor and his family. After the palace in Tokyo had been bombed, the Emperor had grudgingly agreed to come to Matsushiro.

The aide opened the door for the general. The three men sitting around the table in the middle of the room and Anami were the true rulers of Japan. The Emperor had only a symbolic function, even more so after the move to Matsushiro. From left to right sat General Yoshijirō Umezu, Chief of the Imperial Japanese Army General Staff; Minister of the Navy, Admiral Mitsumasa Yonai and finally Admiral Soemu Toyoda, Chief of the Navy General Staff.

japanf.jpg

The remaining possesions of the the Japanese Empire
Anami pulled up a chair and sat down at the head of the table. Behind him hung a large map of the Japanese Empire. It was up-to-date to the recent development and as such, only the Home Islands, Taiwan and the southern part of the Korean peninsula. Over the last two months the Japanese holdings in South East Asia had fallen one by one. The Chinese had also launched several offensives and all but a few coastal enclaves remained, partially due to the defection of the Collaborationist Chinese Army.

“Welcome gentlemen,” Anami said. He continued: “I’ve just gotten reports that the Russians have broken through at our defensive line at the Imjin River. The situation in Korea is more critical than ever. It is clearer than ever that it will fall. The question is when. Is there any way we could evacuate at least some of the men back to the Home Islands. How many transports do we have left?”

Admiral Yonai responded: “We still have several transport ships but with the American navy patrolling off every harbor on the Home Islands, I cannot think of a way to get them to Korea in one piece.”

Umezu joined in on the discussion: “Than they have no other choice to fight to the death, hold out as long as they can. Give us more time to prepare for the invasion. At least then they would not die in vain.”

Anami thought for a second and then said: “You’re right. Surrender is not an option. I’ll order a retreat so that they can dig in Seoul, Daegu and Busan.” He turned to Toyoda and continued: “I want all remaining airplanes outside of the Home Islands to rebase here. We need them more on the Islands than anywhere else.” Even though Toyoda was Chief of the Navy he was commander of the Japanese airplanes. With the Imperial Japanese Navy almost extinct all control of the Japanese airforces were turned over to the Navy.

The general stood up and said: “This meeting is over. I suggest we all get back to our assignments and put into practice what has been discussed here.” The men left the room but Anami held Umezu back. He leaned over and asked: “How’s the fallout from the Emperor’s address?” The Emperor had addressed the Japanese people that the war would continue on and that Japan would never surrender. Umezu responded: “Surprisingly well. I haven’t heard any negative response. No uprisings, nothing. The Japanese people seem willing to fight to the death for her country and her emperor.” Anami seemed pleased. After dismissing Umezu, he was left standing in the damp little planning room thinking about the things to come. No country had ever faced such odds. They were really tacking into the wind now. All they could hope for was to get out with their honour intact.

Last edited:
Rolling Stones said:
Ooh, see the fire is sweepin
Our very street today
Burns like a red coal carpet
Mad bull lost its way

I expect nothing short from awesomeness from you Capt. I mean, Japan AND an epic last stand scene in the same AAR? Go for it!

(And make sure the AI does something interesting.)

CE11_IwoJima1.jpg

Do not let the cowardly and cruel Americans and their imperialist and colonist lackeys diminish the everlasting importance of the Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere. Banzai!

Milites, that pic is from Letters from Iwo Jima?

It is indeed.

Even though I like "Letters From Iwo Jima", I do have one question to ask.

CE11_IwoJima1.jpg

Do not let the cowardly and cruel Americans and their imperialist and colonist lackeys diminish the everlasting importance of the Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere. Banzai!

With all due respect, General, what Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere are you talking about?

It is still there... it's just... covered by waves upon waves of Soviet, CCP and KMT infantry?