• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the weather forecast connected to your intel?

If Germany have U-boats in the Atlantic, will that improve their weather forecast?

Or will all countries have the same weather forecast?

Is the weather forecast connected to your intel?

If Germany have U-boats in the Atlantic, will that improve their weather forecast?

Or will all countries have the same weather forecast?

The same.
I don't see how more complex forecast system can be implemented without too much micro and release delay.

Wow. Just... wow. :eek:

If I can play a game and watch storms move up the I-44 corridor through Oklahoma... *shakes head* You guys aren't making a game, you're building SimWorld!

I correct the words of Einstein: "I am sure how will WW3 be fought, it will be fought on HoI". The amount of progress from HoI2 to HoI3 is huge (though I am a little concerned about the problem of self sufficient overseas territories and the land doctrine screenshot in IGN but I will not get picky), and I cannot imagine how will -say- HoI5 will be.

You guys have really outdone yourselves for HOI3. Just make a collectors edition pre-order and all will be well. Of course hand delivered by Michael Wittman in his Tiger. :D

Is there going to be hail in this game? Without hail this game will be completely unrealistic and unplayable. If there is not hail in this game, then I, along with many others, will create 5 threads a day about the travesty of this game leaving out hail when hail actually happened during this time period. The affect on soldiers was small, albeit, it was still an affect that needs to be modeled into this game :D

Actually, just when I think you guys could not possibly come up with any more brilliant systems for this game, I read a diary and see a new one almost every week. Needless, to say, I cannot wait. But I need to know if hail will be modeled into this game or not.:D

I'm very impressed with how you implemented weather.

I only have basic knowledge of weather and forecasting (learned about it in Geography classes years ago) and the system seems perfect, ie, being detailed but not too much. I'm very happy with it :)

Last edited:
It's all by degrees, there is no absolute values, but as the cloud cover value increase the effectiveness of airpower drops. To give you an example.

Speaking of degrees.

Do extreme low degree temperatures result in loss of org for units?

Very nice diary Mr. King. I look forward to Wednesdays now and my weekly diary installment. Is it August yet?

Uhh, I-44 didn't exist at this time. ;)

I believe I-44 was built on a straight away flat plains area because it was a natural corridor and not because they bulldozed it.

Which is why tornadoes and storm systems tend to travel on it.

Or at you talking about I-40? Its been several years since I been on a road trip from the east to west coast but I remember traveling through Oklahoma and Texas and believe me the roads out there a very straight and flat with no trees worth mentioning.

This is a very interesting feature, I'm very excited about this :)

Will ground combat effectiveness be directly affected by temperature, so the colder it is, the less effective your troops are?

Nice feature.

Is there a way to determine in which direction a weather front is moving other than monitoring it?