+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Development Diary #31 - 3rd of June 2009

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Tskb18 View Post
    Planning to create some sort of Doomsday Device?
    Hell yeah. You could have The Weather Machine creating a 100 bar high in that province.

The Shadow of Man 406 - 1095 - Rules

Contribute to 'Concert of Europe', an 1815 mod for Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tskb18 View Post
    Planning to create some sort of Doomsday Device?
    Nuclear Winter mod? Or Global Warming Extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    There are over 20 seperate paramaters you can play around with for weather. All stored in a plain text file.
    Thanks King, you guys rock.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post
    How big will the impact of the weather be on for example ground units, but also naval and air warfare? Will it be impossible to conduct air missions in heavy storm, blizzard etc?
    It's all by degrees, there is no absolute values, but as the cloud cover value increase the effectiveness of airpower drops. To give you an example.
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

Hearts of Iron III

Modding the weather really does seem like playing God. Even more so than moving army groups around.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    It's all by degrees, there is no absolute values, but as the cloud cover value increase the effectiveness of airpower drops. To give you an example.
    That's good to know, there is now a good reason to wait for bad weather if you have no air superiority (e.g. Battle of the Bulge). Or to wait for good/reasonable weather when planning offensives (Operation Overlord). This will make the game a lot deeper as for example in HoI2 weather had only a minor role/consequences. The only thing that was important was the status of the soil in the Soviet Union (dry, muddy or frozen).

I expect that weather will now also have a more profound role in determining attrition as well.
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

Weather in HoI2 was not the most important feature of the game, and it possibly will not be in HoI3.

And still you make a "real" weather model. I am amazed by the details you put not only into the main features (where you probably could expect it), but also in such an apparent negligibility. That is what really makes the depth of this game.

Kudos to you!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I'm pretty amazed by the weather system, it might not be perfect but who cares, it fits well!

Sergeant
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great
    Though I never used weather in HOI2 since that lagged up my game :P

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi

Hopefully all the features like sandstorms in Africa and monsun in Asia, which could last for weeks.

This will give great impact on strategic planning and is no more sudden change by accident (from clear to blizzard to clear in hours as in HOI2).

Really great !!!
    Beer...more than just a breakfast drink!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Member of Stonyroad Graphic Group (www.stonyroad.de)

New Doomsday Icons
    39 nations, 3.259 Icons
    Cpack's Doomsday Icons

Maybe also nuclear winter?
    For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game

Grand Admiral of SKIF

HOI2 DDA sprites:
    Air Units | Naval Units | Land Units
    Minor sprite pack | DD interface mod

V:Revolutions unit sprites:
    Naval Units

Lt. General
    EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

I'm not a big fan of mods, but I will try one of these "extreme weather" mods for sure.

¡Ay, caramba!
    I'm going down to the Great river of Mississippi!!!!!

HoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi

Sounds really good!
    My spambot broke, now I have to write everything myself.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Workers of the world, igni-* err... unite!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi

How big is the range of weather extremes?

For example some high pressure areas with sunny weather could stay over central europe without moving for several weeks.....?
    Beer...more than just a breakfast drink!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Member of Stonyroad Graphic Group (www.stonyroad.de)

New Doomsday Icons
    39 nations, 3.259 Icons
    Cpack's Doomsday Icons

Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

I must say, this creating of a realistic weather system almost impresses me more as anything else I've seen yet True quality is always in the small things

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    War of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

insane, just f***ing insane
    Wernher von Braun: I aim for the stars.....but sometimes I hit London

Every time you ask about book 5 GRRM kills a Stark.

I'm not lazy, I'm productivity challenged!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Rome

Prolonged, sustained applause.
    The workers' flag is red and black while/ The red flag's waved by bureaucrats
    HOI3 Historical Parties Project ; HOI3 Soviet 36-41 Party infighting Events chain discussion

EHko erakunde armatuko kidea rommel_sniper's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne

Blog Entries
    that's mean (for example) that Sibberian cold will no longer be as freeze as spain cold?
    Puede derrotar Francia a la gran Alemania nazi? Descúbrelo en el FRANCIAAR del HOI3. Última actualización: 17 de NOVIEMBRE de 2013 -seguimos!, UNE BRÈCHE DANS LE MUR

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Im really exited to know about how radar can help you migitate weather caused problems like obscured visibility. Both in the air and at sea.

If its done right It might actually possible to try and use an oncomming stormfront to get your radar equipped battleships into range of enemy carriers.

I suspect it will be a true art to predict weather and nighttime occurances to make sure your ships can hide from enemy airpower while at sea. And equally to launch land offensives in the right time depending on who controlls the air. Great job Paradox!
    "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - Patton

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Will ground conditions be visible? For instance if the ground is snowy or frozen, will it be white? Also can you have weather and say the political map mode up at once?

It sounds so good!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast