• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How big will the impact of the weather be on for example ground units, but also naval and air warfare? Will it be impossible to conduct air missions in heavy storm, blizzard etc?

It's all by degrees, there is no absolute values, but as the cloud cover value increase the effectiveness of airpower drops. To give you an example.

It's all by degrees, there is no absolute values, but as the cloud cover value increase the effectiveness of airpower drops. To give you an example.
That's good to know, there is now a good reason to wait for bad weather if you have no air superiority (e.g. Battle of the Bulge). Or to wait for good/reasonable weather when planning offensives (Operation Overlord). This will make the game a lot deeper as for example in HoI2 weather had only a minor role/consequences. The only thing that was important was the status of the soil in the Soviet Union (dry, muddy or frozen).

I expect that weather will now also have a more profound role in determining attrition as well.

Weather in HoI2 was not the most important feature of the game, and it possibly will not be in HoI3.

And still you make a "real" weather model. I am amazed by the details you put not only into the main features (where you probably could expect it), but also in such an apparent negligibility. That is what really makes the depth of this game.

Kudos to you!

Hopefully all the features like sandstorms in Africa and monsun in Asia, which could last for weeks.

This will give great impact on strategic planning and is no more sudden change by accident (from clear to blizzard to clear in hours as in HOI2).

Really great !!!

I'm not a big fan of mods, but I will try one of these "extreme weather" mods for sure.

:D

Sounds really good!

How big is the range of weather extremes?

For example some high pressure areas with sunny weather could stay over central europe without moving for several weeks.....?

I must say, this creating of a realistic weather system almost impresses me more as anything else I've seen yet :p True quality is always in the small things :D

insane, just f***ing insane :eek:

Im really exited to know about how radar can help you migitate weather caused problems like obscured visibility. Both in the air and at sea.

If its done right It might actually possible to try and use an oncomming stormfront to get your radar equipped battleships into range of enemy carriers.

I suspect it will be a true art to predict weather and nighttime occurances to make sure your ships can hide from enemy airpower while at sea. And equally to launch land offensives in the right time depending on who controlls the air. Great job Paradox!