• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice!

Why am I not suprised that the example of weather chosen is rain in Scotland:(

As Mr Connolly pointed out, we have two seasons here - mud and July.:rofl:

i came.

no, seriously. this is looking like the single best simulation that i've ever seen.

Very very interesting.

Will weather effects play a role in supply lines? (As in it's harder to move supplies through a province when it's muddy or blizzardy than if its clear?)

How is the weather system affected by things like mountains? From the screens I can see that fronts hitting land will be taken into account, but will rain form when clouds run into mountains? It would be nice to know how well the rain shadow over the areas just east of the Rockies where I live will be modeled. 300 sunny days out of the year here. :D

Warning Storm Alert "mullberrys in normandy destroyed"

Will bad weather have harming effect on sypply?
Again a very good diary, the game is .......I lost words.
Awsome

We are not worthy, we are not worthy
OH DEAR PARADOX GOD! This is brilliant.......
Oh plus, thanks for showing some more of Britain

General Mud will be on the party, as the mighty Russian Winter.... The berezina for Napoleon, but will be not for the Germans !!! I will Make Barbarossa in April to get Astrakan Arkanghelsk before November :D

Is the weather forecast connected to your intel?

If Germany have U-boats in the Atlantic, will that improve their weather forecast?

Or will all countries have the same weather forecast?
Would be interesting. Control of Greenland meant Overlord was total surprise because Allies knew that the storm was ending and Germans didn't have a clue about it.

U-Boats can't be meteo stations ;)

Isn't this just for coolness sake? Well, I guess it depends on who you ask.
Although I really like those nifty details, it's not worth it IMO. How many hours was spent on this? Instead of hours that could have gone to other, more pressing issues. Even an earlier release date would have been preferred. Or more beta testing...

I don't like to be a no-man. But a weather system taking into account pressure and humidity? :wacko: That's over the top, and not especially usefull. I'll bet alot of money the game has some bugs left at release. I'd rather have those fixed instead.

The game looks great, don't get me wrong. But focus on the more imortant stuff. Modability, AI. Anything else really.

There you have it. Some actual criticism. :)

Really cool! Hopefully, the AI will be aware of weather too, say when managing some of your far eastern jungle troops, avoiding to attack in the middle of the monsoon unless you've ordered it to blitz?