+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Development Diary #31 - 3rd of June 2009

Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Am loving the detail in this game...... and the degree of modability.

love it

Also love the fact that, as Germany for example, you might not make a smart move to push Barbossa earlier

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Nice!
    In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
    We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
    Military-Industrial Complex Speech, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

not a beta for HoI3 Moderator Derek Pullem's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Hoi 2 Beta500k club

Why am I not suprised that the example of weather chosen is rain in Scotland

As Mr Connolly pointed out, we have two seasons here - mud and July.
    "I NOW INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE TOO FAR FROM REALITY."

Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, (ex-) Iraqi Minister for Information

i came.

no, seriously. this is looking like the single best simulation that i've ever seen.

53 games registered

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Ahhh British Screenshots, I am happy with today.

Glaring at the HOI3 icon Exterous's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The icons under my flag are starting to breed!
    Very very interesting.

Will weather effects play a role in supply lines? (As in it's harder to move supplies through a province when it's muddy or blizzardy than if its clear?)
    "Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule." -Friedrich Nietzshe

"It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifiling exception, is composed of others" - John Andrew Holmes

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IISengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Unbelievable! You guys are making the best game ever, you can be sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Exterous View Post
    Will weather effects play a role in supply lines? (As in it's harder to move supplies through a province when it's muddy or blizzardy than if its clear?)
    Yeah I was going to ask this too.

I'm liking the attentiveness in this system, with the difference between overhead and ground conditions being relative. Nice work!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

a hill in the capital, but not Capitol Hill.
    How is the weather system affected by things like mountains? From the screens I can see that fronts hitting land will be taken into account, but will rain form when clouds run into mountains? It would be nice to know how well the rain shadow over the areas just east of the Rockies where I live will be modeled. 300 sunny days out of the year here.
    Played as the Loanshark of Europe, the Duchy of Flanders and then the King of France in Ultima Ratio Regnum/AAR Thread (Abandoned)
    Solo AARs:
    To Granada and Beyond: A Comprehensive History of Spain EU3, Castile, (Abandoned due to patches)
    What Nerds do with a Day Off: A 7-Player Diplomacy AAR (Abandoned)

P'dox Forum Pet Peeves: When people refer to countries as 'factions'.
    Complaints about newer games that fall entirely under the They Changed It Now It Sucks trope.

Warning Storm Alert "mullberrys in normandy destroyed"

Will bad weather have harming effect on sypply?
    Again a very good diary, the game is .......I lost words.
    Awsome

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

This just gets better every time!
    Thanks King!

Japans CV fast fleet miving behind stormfront before Pearl harbour

Will weather fronts hinder or rather race fog of war?

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

the most dangerous place to which a young man can be sent.
    We are not worthy, we are not worthy
    OH DEAR PARADOX GOD! This is brilliant.......
    Oh plus, thanks for showing some more of Britain
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

For the cities which were formerly great have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time. I shall therefore discourse equally of both, convinced that human happiness never continues long in one stay.
    Herodotus of Halicarnassus

General Mud will be on the party, as the mighty Russian Winter.... The berezina for Napoleon, but will be not for the Germans !!! I will Make Barbarossa in April to get Astrakan Arkanghelsk before November
    Supporter of the historical flavour in HOI3

"History is written by the winners"
    ó Napoleon Bonaparte

"Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first."
    ~Charles de Gaulle

who ever trought that weather could be so interesting?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Gaute65 View Post
    Is the weather forecast connected to your intel?

If Germany have U-boats in the Atlantic, will that improve their weather forecast?

Or will all countries have the same weather forecast?
    Would be interesting. Control of Greenland meant Overlord was total surprise because Allies knew that the storm was ending and Germans didn't have a clue about it.

U-Boats can't be meteo stations
    Polyamory? And now also the (shorter, but expanding lately!) Polish version!

Androgynous atheist bisexual feminist liberal libertine polyamorous transhumanist switch.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Isn't this just for coolness sake? Well, I guess it depends on who you ask.
    Although I really like those nifty details, it's not worth it IMO. How many hours was spent on this? Instead of hours that could have gone to other, more pressing issues. Even an earlier release date would have been preferred. Or more beta testing...

I don't like to be a no-man. But a weather system taking into account pressure and humidity? That's over the top, and not especially usefull. I'll bet alot of money the game has some bugs left at release. I'd rather have those fixed instead.

The game looks great, don't get me wrong. But focus on the more imortant stuff. Modability, AI. Anything else really.

There you have it. Some actual criticism.
    I have a geeky math cookie And I'm proud of it!

A missile might hit someone, taxation kills everybody!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Really cool! Hopefully, the AI will be aware of weather too, say when managing some of your far eastern jungle troops, avoiding to attack in the middle of the monsoon unless you've ordered it to blitz?
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Hmm I should have made my questions earlier. I know dev have much to do now but the diary created lots of questions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast